SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Anti-Christian Film ‘The Beast’ To Be Released On 06-06-06

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Anti-Christian Film ‘The Beast’ To Be Released On 06-06-06

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

The makers of a virulently anti-Christian film The Beast have deliberately chosen to release it on 6th June 2006 (06-06-06).

The film is being made in the US by VIVID films, and has a powerfully anti-Christian plot line. A publicity blurb claims that there is ‘increasing historical proof that Christ never existed,’ a theory which they add is ‘gaining popularity’.

The plot involves a fundamentalist Christian pastor who disappears after he ‘stumbles across incontrovertible factual evidence that Christ never existed’. In searching for him, the films shows his daughter Danielle ‘struggling with her own need to believe that Christ existed’ and also combating ‘a band of fundamentalist Christians who will stop at nothing to suppress the truth’. In the film, they are portrayed as ‘trying to cover up Christianity’s best-kept secret’.

2006/5/3 22:03Profile

Re: Anti-Christian Film ‘The Beast’ To Be Released On 06-06-06

Wow. How sick is that. I pray that God would do something to stop this movie from being sent to the movie screens across America.

What evil. I do hope that the LORD would do something! This is an abomination. Making a mockery of Jesus and making a mockery of God.

Dear!

Jordan

2006/5/3 22:22
Compton

Re:

Sometimes when I see these supernatural films from Hollywood, like Da Vinci Code, I can't help but ask myself..."do these guys really believe this stuff or are they just making money?" In the case of this film the answer is yes (they do believe this stuf)...the writer/director Brian Flemming is on a mission.

This film is basically a dramatization of Flemming's beliefs as laid out in his documentary called "The God Who Isn't There." Flemming is a self-described "former fundamentalist" whose recent documentary features "such luminaries as Jesus Seminar fellow Robert M. Price, professor Richard Dawkins, author Sam Harris and historian Richard Carrier."

So this isn't just another Hollywood insensitive misrepresentation of Jesus. This is a pop-culture dramatized version of a systematic attempt to destroy faith in the Lord. The ideas presented in the movie are not presented as interesting fiction, but are portrayed as based on "factual research". It may be that the movie will target teenagers as the "plot" features a teenage Christian girl's "journey of discovery".

MC

2006/5/4 1:52Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Garbage from the pit of hell. And the sickening thing is people will eat it up and believe it. These are certainly the times of the end... truth fallen in the streets and rampant lies, blamsphemies and apostacy.

Lord, defend Thy name.

2006/5/4 8:55Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Wow. How sick is that. I pray that God would do something to stop this movie from being sent to the movie screens across America.

What evil. I do hope that the LORD would do something! This is an abomination. Making a mockery of Jesus and making a mockery of God.

Be sure no one is getting by with anything. Their judgment is only suspended by the Mighty Hand of God, then it will come swiftly.

2006/5/4 10:42Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
Be sure no one is getting by with anything. Their judgment is only suspended by the Mighty Hand of God, then it will come swiftly.

AMEN!

Blessed is the Lord our GOD. HE is a Righteous and Just Judge. GOD's wrath will be poured out and all will bow before Christ in HIS return.

I pray every day for Christ's return. I cannot wait until the day his Justice is poured over all the lands of the earth.

Jesus, Lord!

These people are with Satan and the powers of evil, they constantly deny Christ and selfishly hold fast to their sin, and for it THEY WILL BURN!

2006/5/4 11:39Profile
repentcanada

Re:

now more than ever we need the True Church of Jesus Christ to be true and faithful witnesses, and defend His name unto death

2006/5/4 12:29Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Opportunity Knocks

Hi everyone.

One of the principles that Ray Comfort's ministry has taught me is that of taking advantage of opportunities like these and using them for the advancement of the Kingdom. Take for instance Halloween, what other time of the year do unbelievers knock on your door to get free stuff? It's a great opportunity to give out some tracks with your candy and never leave home. Or how about a while back when the ACLU brought up all those court cases concerning the Ten Commandments and as a result God's Law was being displayed in the media and before the public.

So what about this new movie? Well, let me tell you what I am thinking of doing for the other anti-Christ movie coming out, the Davinci Code.

Since this movie is going to be putting the truth claims of our Lord and His word to a 'test' in the minds of the public, why not seize the opportunity? I believe that whenever we are allowed to voice our claims in the market place of ideas, we should win. We have nothing to fear from honest scrutiny because we posses the truth, tried and tested. So, here's where we should let the Bible defend itself!

I am thinking of writing a small tract that will compare this book and its author with the Bible and its Author; perhaps such things as their lives, claims, impact on history and so on. This is a great opportunity to let the incredible history of the Bible and it's central theme, the Lord Jesus, to shine! And the public interest will all be generated for us thanks to the mass media production power of Hollywood. Ray Comfort has already produced a tract like this and if any one is interested you can see it at their ministry.

This new movie sounds like another great opportunity and I'd like to come up with a tract for it too! These things are swinging the door wide open for us to engage the public about the matters of truth and eternity.

Friends, there's a massive juggernaut heading straight for us; let's stand our ground, look it straight in the eye, and when he's right on us, we'll grab him by his suspenders, roll back, put our foot in his gut, and with a great thrust send him flying over our heads. Then all those decieved in his path will be ours.

2006/5/4 17:13Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Good point Chris - I think I will be at the theaters that weekend as well.

Here are some good Da Vinci code tracts to check out. We should at least show up to pass out a few tracts and try to engage in some one2one evangelism.

[url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=214]Living Waters Da Vinci Code Tracts[/url]

[url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=351]Da Vinci Code Digital CD Tracts[/url]

[url=http://store.prostores.com/onemilliontracts/index.html]Da Vinci Code Tract - scroll down to see tract[/url]

2006/5/4 18:31Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Anti-Christian Film ‘The Beast’ To Be Released On 06-06-06

If anyone is interested, we have been this way before [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3313&forum=48#21971]'The Beast' movie: Jesus didn't exist[/url].

2006/5/16 8:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy