Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Preaching Quotes for the Remnant

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Preaching Quotes for the Remnant

[b]Preaching Quotes for the Remnant[/b]

"Apostolic preaching is not marked by its beautiful diction, or literary polish, or Cleverness of expression, but Operates "in demonstration of the Spirit and of power."
Arthur Wallis

"It is not the bigness of the words you utter, but the force with which you deliver them"
C. H. Spurgeon

"In my preaching of the Word, I took special notice of this one thing, namely, that the Lord did lead me to begin where His Word begins with sinners; that is, to condemn all flesh, and to open and allege that the curse of God, by the Law, doth belong to and lay hold on all men as they come into the world, because of sin."
John Bunyan

"Be cold, sober, wise, circumspect. Keep yourself low by the ground avoiding high questions. Expound the Law truly and open the veil of Moses to condemn all flesh and prove all men sinners, and set at broach the mercy of our Lord Jesus, and let wounded consciences drink of Him."
William Tyndale.

“The man who does not know the nature of the Law, cannot know the nature of sin.”
John Bunyan

"Rash preaching, disgusts; timid preaching, leaves poor souls fast asleep; bold preaching is the only preaching that is owned of God"
Rowland Hill

"If you're not meeting the Devil head on, then you're going in the same direction"
Billy Sunday

“It is a poor sermon that gives no offense; that neither makes the hearer displeased with himself nor with the preacher.”
George Whitefield

"It is imperative that preachers of today learn how to declare the spritual law of God; for, until we learn how to wound consciences, we shall have no wounds to bind with Gospel bandages."
Walter Chantry

"It is either all of Christ or none of Christ! I believe we need to preach again a whole Christ to the world--a Christ who does not need our apologies, a Christ who will not be divided, a Christ who will either be Lord of all or will not be Lord at all!"
A.W. Tozer

(speaking of the Holy Spirit coming upon him) "I went to preaching again. The sermons were not different; I did not present any new truths, and yet hundreds were converted. I would not now be placed back where I was before that blessed experience if you should give me all the world - it would be as dust in the balance."
D.L. Moody

"Finney preached and sometimes the whole congregation would get up and leave! thats good preaching."
Leonard Ravenhill

"He with whom the ministry is a secondary thing, may be a correct, a learned, an elegant, even an oratorical, but will never be a powerful preacher."
J. W. Alexander

"I would say that a 'dull preacher' is a contradiction in terms; if he is dull he is not a preacher. He may stand in a pulpit and talk, but he is certainly not a preacher."
David Martyn Lloyd-Jones

"Preach not calmly and quietly as though you were asleep, but preach with fire and pathos and passion."
C. H. Spurgeon

"The great reason why we have so little good preaching is that we have so little piety. To be eloquent one must be in earnest; he must not only act as if he were in earnest, or try to be in earnest, but be in earnest."
C. H. Spurgeon

"Unless we have the spirit of the prophets resting upon us, the mantle which we wear is nothing but a rough garment to deceive. We ought to be driven forth with abhorrence from the society of honest men for daring to speak in the name of the Lord if the Spirit of God rests not upon us."
C. H. Spurgeon

"Would ministers preach for eternity! They would then act the part of true Christian orators, and not only calmly and cooly inform the understanding, but, by persuasive, pathetic address, endeavour to move the affections and warm the heart."
George Whitefield

"It was strictly forbidden to preach to other prisoners, as it is in captive nations today. It was understood that whoever was caught doing this received a severe beating. A number of us decided to pay the price for the priviledge of preaching, so we excepted their terms. It was a deal: we preached and they beat us. We were happy preaching; they were happy beating us - so everyone was happy."
Richard Wurmbrand

2006/5/1 18:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy