SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer or counseling?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: The Secret

Just gone through my journal and found this poem that may bless you.

[u][b]The Secret[/b][/u]

I met God in the morning
When my day was at it's best,
And His presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory at my breast.

All day long the presense lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness,
O'er a very troubled sea.

So i think i know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way,
You must seek Him in the morning,
If you want Him through the day.
Anon

2006/5/3 9:35
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I can't stand religion anymore
I think I'm messed up
I feel so alone
I'm really troubled
I'm so disturbed by it, I feel hopeless
I don't want to get out of bed in the morning
I'm scared
Each time I make an effort to look at things differently
I'm empty. I have nothing to give.
I don't know!

Awful lot of "I's" in there sister. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face...

Praying...

In Christ,

Ron

2006/5/3 9:52Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

[i]Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.[/i]

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!

His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

2006/5/3 11:16Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Awful lot of "I's" in there sister. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face...

Ron, I had some eye opening insigt this morning, a revelation you might say. I saw how the enemy had led me into sin in getting me to believe that God wasn't being fair. I saw how I had entered, once again, into selfishness and doubt and unbelief. I just want to say to all of you, thank you for your prayers. I'm sure that is what allowed the grace for me to see what was wrong.I spent some time in repentance this morning and I feel much lighter both physically as well as, there seems to be a literal light enabling me to see much more clearly.

Intercession is such an amazing thing! Thank you all for praying.

Just want to share this from what I "saw" concerning my own sinful heart this morning:
I saw how God had given me the grace for a season to seek him earnestly, and I had the faith to go with it. I was getting up very early in the morning and it really wasn't difficult because I had a grace that was enabling me to do it. I know that it was God, in answer to my heart cries, who gave me that grace. But...he tarried. And Satan suggested to me that God wasn't being fair. He did his usual thing of suggesting that I doubt the character of God and somehow, I fell for it. This all started when Art Katz was unable to keep his Tennessee engagement back in January. That seed of doubt and bitterness that God cast me off, has been at work all this time. I knew I mustn't let that cancelled engagement mess me up, but it has in spite of all that I knew. God gave me grace to see my sin this morning.

I began to see how I've wanted God to release me from my suffering of being alone, of a job I hate. This morning I thought of Jeanne Guyonne, how she suffered in that prison for years and it became the womb where a woman of God was brought forth. I realized that I've demanded that God let me live. All the time I was telling the Lord I wanted to go to the cemetary, and please, give me grace, to go all the way, and then, when the things that kill me begin to do their work, I got mad. Oh! Oh! Oh! Thank God! This morning I see! Thank you all so much for praying! Love, Dian.

2006/5/4 6:43Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Praise God dear sister! What a wonderful testimony to the power of united prayer.

We really need to be in constant prayer for one another. God is moving mightily among His people, filling us with vision and purpose and Satan isn't happy about it, he is vicously attacking the minds of believers. Pray, brothers and sisters, for one another.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/5/4 9:43Profile

Re: Prayer or Counseling?

Dear Dian,

THANK YOU for sharing this testimony with us, and for being open enough to share the details of your deliverance in the full blaze of light by which you now understand what was going on.

I think at least part of it, was due to your coming here to share - that exposure helped to break the cycle of how you were thinking, as much (if not more) than being prayed for (imo).

But, [i]of course[/i] we prayed, too. :-) Praise the Lord!

2006/5/4 15:15
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

God Bless you Dian

I will keep on praying for you.

2006/5/4 15:26Profile

Re:

Awesome Dian! Glory to God!

Jordan

2006/5/4 15:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net