SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is it Just Me?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Is it Just Me?

Is it just me, or does everyone like to post articles here?

I do keep in mind brethren I used to write articles in my study time with the Lord. All I needed was a topic and I would ramble on "most Christians today", "We need revival", "a lot of people think" etc. The intentions were good no doubt, and I thank God for even giving me something to write, a hand that can write, and a mind to fully comprehend what I was producing. However, zeal without knowledge tends to become works of the flesh I do warn. I am no theologian, no scholar, heck I barely post on SI. I’m definitely not a familiar face to whoever reads this. But I couldn’t contain the burning desire I had to make this post and bring to front the pattern I see here. Are we all fit to reprove? Are we all writers commissioned by God to type articles to chastise the brethren? Are we really living so holy, immersed in Christ, worshipping every idle moment that we can sit in a judgment seat and throw everyone that professes the name of Christ but doesn’t meet the standards we see online into the category, "most Christians today"? One would have to be a godly man indeed to make such a statement. Which is far more than knowing more doctrines than our neighbors, youth pastors, elders and family members. It's more than posting on a message board and occasionally winning a argument or too. It's truly living what we say we know-The bible. It is truly having fellowship with Christ Jesus, walking in the Spirit, mortifying the deeds of the flesh. If all the authors of these recent wave of chastisement articles are living in such a way-Praise the Lord!(I hate to be cliché). One who truly has fellowship with God will be led to do some really spiritual things that will shake up those around him. But if we aren't, please people, let us read our own works and remember our words will rise up against us one day in judgment .Let us give heed to our own works, and then tell the brethren what we have experienced.

Psalms 109:4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

btw: If you enjoy writing for the Lord, attend college. The tips and learning to perfect the art of writing is priceless and could be of great use unto our righteous God.

Just some observations from a frequent visitor.

2006/4/28 17:26Profile

Re: Who is this about now ?

Personally bro, I don't care to "write" anymore. I did go to Bible College 26 years ago and used to HAVE to write for teaching in our Ministry of apologetics since then ... but now, I'd rather quote others who I respect and even better, quote The Word.

I just want to see His Word posted and discussed and more threads talking about JESUS Himself [u]and less about what we think about each other on here. Sorry.[/u]

We wonder why we don't have any magnificent manifestations of God in our lives or on here.

Maybe it's because [b][i]we've[/i][/b] "written Too much" and NOT posted "HIS WORD" enough - Giving It the respect that It's Due and have definitely, for the most part - left out the Main Character, so to speak (poorly), JESUS.

Where is JESUS ?

Where are the threads on JESUS ?

I'm sick of writing brother, but I think Paul speaks best, after only Jesus Himself.
It's only 16 + 4 + 5 = 25 verses, so I'm sure it won't hurt anyone if I put that much up here.

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to naught:
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
1Co 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

What are these verses saying ?

2006/4/28 21:42
Bart

Queensland Australia

Re: Is it Just Me?

Writing is a talent that not many possess, and fewer are called to do. There is a balance to writing I believe. What I mean is that writing can become a foundation of pride as we put in words knowledge learned or revealed. If the writer isn't careful, it can become all about the writer. I used to write for the Navy and often what I thought was pure genious was handed back to me covered in red marks and humbling comments. I do write my thoughts and impressions when reading/studying my Bible but I think that I would be very scared to put to pen these matters of the heart for others to read. There's a greater accountability to teachers and that's what we become when we author. This is why I love the Bible so much. You cannot help but truly know that the scriptures are God breathed. Many authors over many years with one thread: Jesus Christ. If you, or anyone, are called to write then do so, I'm sure many will be blessed and encouraged by it. Blessings!

2006/4/28 22:03Profile
wyattearp

Re: Is it Just Me?

Quote:

SeanHobson wrote:
Is it just me, or does everyone like to post articles here?

It's just you.

2006/4/29 0:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy