SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are You A Cultrual Christian?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

Are You A Cultrual Christian?

There are so many Christians today that think they are serving GOD, but they are not. They think that just because they go to church that makes them a Christian. They are very mistaken because they have to make Jesus the Lord over there life.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
The person has to turn their life over to His care all the way with NO hold outs.
When they do not do this they just go on sserving themselves and that was not what Jesus ministired on and about when He was on this earth durning His ministry.
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
This is what we have to do each and every day that we are here on this earth.
The other reason that there is NO POWER in the Christians of today is because they are just going through the motions of Christianity.
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
If we were as BOLD and on FIRE for Jesus as the Muslims are for Islam, we could spread the Gospel aroungd the cities that we live in.
But oh NO we just go to the Marketplace just minding our own business just to go in and getthe stuff we are after and then leave. Not to go there to minister the people the Holy Spirit tells us to, being obedient to Him at what He has commanded us to do.
My question is why are we so caught up in the world that we live in? Maybe because that we are not totally trusting GOD for the things we need to live in this world> Or we let our jobs rule over our lives instead of GOD?
Mar 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
We have to trust everything in Him or we are not going to heaven at all.
Is GOD your means or your end?
We Christians have to much of the world in our own lives; we have to make a seperation from this world. Which is called holiness, that is a word that we don't want to talk about at all then we might have to do something.
The point that i am trying to make is that we need to serve Jesus Christ with all of our hearts doing what He tells us to do. Also be fervent for Him in all things that we do during our daily walk with Him. Spread the Gospel where we go.
From: His Bondservant Forever In Christ Jesus Revolution. \0/ :-D

2006/4/28 15:46Profile
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re: Are You A Cultrual Christian?

Quote:
If we were as BOLD and on FIRE for Jesus as the Muslims are for Islam, we could spread the Gospel aroungd the cities that we live in. But oh NO we just go to the Marketplace just minding our own business just to go in and getthe stuff we are after and then leave. Not to go there to minister the people the Holy Spirit tells us to, being obedient to Him at what He has commanded us to do.

I too and guilty of this sin. Just going to the marketplace, store, bank etc with mind to just handle my own business, and no intention to share the gospel. This was a fairly decent written message, I enjoyed the quick read :) May the Lord tear down the walls of worldliness and bring us into repentance. God bless those whom love him sincerly..

2006/4/28 17:05Profile
Bradstonian

England

Re: Are You A Cultrual Christian?

What we really have to worry about is what happens after we go to be with the Lord. Will He say "Well done my good and faithful servant" or will He look at us with astonishment and say "Why didn't you tell them"? This is the most worrying question we all have to face.

2006/4/29 15:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy