SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Evangelsim and the poor

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Evangelsim and the poor

What do you think god is going to do when half the church is not even bothered about the poor or the homeless or even his word.
It breaks my heart constantly I know that most people on here agree with me but it is has been the two most things on the top of my mind. I recently got some tracks out and have been wanting to evangelist on the street I have been wanting to evangelist to everyone but sometimes nothing comes out of my mouth.
What is up with most of the churches why do they want to keep are streets empty, yet hell full it just doesnt add up. I know I need to do more on this front and I am guilty aswell for years and alot of people need encouraging but do you think it is going to look very different from heaven.

2006/4/27 10:53Profile
repentcanada

Re: Evangelsim and the poor

I think on Judgment Day Jesus Christ will tell many who were in the church "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jesus will empower you to be a true and faithful witness deltadom.

2006/4/27 12:41Profile

Exactly Deltadom! Your sensing the heart of God for the lost! Sounds like you DO have the call of an Evangelist. Go as God leads, and do His work. Hand out tracts, and get Baptised in the Spirit, if you have'nt done so already, you will need the Power! When you open your mouth and nothing comes out, its because you need the BOLDNESS that the Holy Spirit gives! Seek that infilling Brother!

2006/4/27 13:08
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
I think on Judgment Day Jesus Christ will tell many who were in the church "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Goodness gracious... that fills my heart with fire.

My heart and chest burn as a constant for the church today. For the people that are lost. For the people that claim to know but ignore the Lord. For the peoples of the earth who work so much iniquity.

The Judgment will soon be here. I pray that the Brothers and Sisters do not learn the hard way about the Judgment of BELIEVERS. Let us not wait untill we are at the feet of Christ on his Seat to know that we are wrong.

The Church must wake up and rise. Pick up your weapons and fight, strive, push, to further the Glory of GOD. No longer must we sit idle and think that it is enough to be a "good" person. Love GOD, Love your neighbors, and go forth into the streets, schools, homes and churches. LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS CLOSELY AT HAND!

And Brother, about the evangelism, if GOD has called you to to a life in that manner then I urge you to go and act upon it. Do not let distraction blind you eyes and heart from whatever GOD has called you to. Do the Lord our GOD's work. Keep your whole self focused on HIM and his eternal Glory. If he is sending you, you will be successfull. Pray that HE would fill you in Spirit and that you would overflow so that some might see HIS Love and Ultimate Power and Glory.

Bless you in your endeavors,
Scroggins

2006/4/27 14:01Profile

Quote:
I recently got some tracks out and have been wanting to evangelist on the street I have been wanting to evangelist to everyone but sometimes nothing comes out of my mouth.

The fact that God has put this desire in your heart is fantastic. I believe more and more are encouraged by the Holy Spirits prompting to "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to evey creature." Listen Deltadom i got the desire to witness last year and as i began to well "Go" i went through a very fiery trial, my Gethsemene you could say. I was put off not by those in the world but by brothers and sisters in the Lord. But now after that trial i am going anyway.
I would encourage you to just begin by handing out tracts then one day you will be led by the holy spirit to open your mouth and speak with such a boldness that afterwards you will be so suprised and happy that the Holy Spirit used you in such a way. It really is a honor and privilge. I tell you after that there really is no going back then!!!! :-)
Will pray for you brother! Just remember to post your praise reports here ;-)

2006/4/27 14:29
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Thank you for sharing your heart Dom,

I thought of these words of Jesus when I read your quote where Jesus is quoting from the book of Isaiah in Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,"

I pray that begin to see through Jesus eyes. I know that it's easy in America to not see through Jesus eyes. May Jesus give us eyes to see and value what He sees. I pray Jesus pours himself out through Dom, as you simply obey what he's asked you to do.

It's a real joy to do what Jesus asks. Blessings to you...

2006/4/27 14:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy