SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sinless in this lifetime

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Sinless in this lifetime

Who here is without sin? Who here, after being born again, has never committed a sin again? Who here is sinless in this lifetime??

I have not met a Christian who did not sin. And yet, Jesus promises us complete victory over sin. The bible also says...

1 John 3:9 (NASB)
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

What are we to say of this? That there is no Christian who is actually born again, because Christians sin after they have been born again? Is there not a person alive who has been born again?

First, I would like to say that we do have victory over sin. Our victory came on the cross. Jesus died for all sin. Because of this, all sins have been forgiven. Our victory, comes in forgiveness, not our deeds.

Many people mistake this as thinking, "this means I will not commit any more sin." And when they do sin, they quickly become overcome with guilt and fall. We must never forget that victory comes in Jesus. We need forgiveness.

The bible says that Jesus died for all sin. (Mark 3:28; 1 Peter 3:18) This includes the sin of all people. And so, the sin that leads to eternal death is simply blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which is the rejection of Jesus Christ. When we do not accept this forgiveness that is being offered through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, then we are committing a most grevious sin, because we are saying, "I don't need forgivness. I did nothing wrong."

And though, Christians have been born again, they can fall into this snare for a time. They can sin, and reject forgiveness. They can be filled with guilt, and not repent. When this happens, God lets sin have power over them, in order they may learn and once again come unto repentance. If you want victory, then repent and accept Jesus into your heart.

Our victory comes in forgivness, and you must always, always repent of your sin. You must always, always seek forgiveness. Never think so highly of yourself that you do not need God's grace.

Secondly....YOU WILL SIN. But why? Is it because God is not strong enough? Is Jesus not powerful enough to keep you from sinning? Did He not save you? Why do you still sin?

The ten commandments says we must keep the Sabbath Holy. What Christian follows this law to the letter?? Who gives God an entire day without any work??

So what are we to say, that the Sabbath doesn't apply anymore? Should we say, "Christ did away with the Sabbath?"

Jesus did not abolish the law. (Mt 5:17) The law still serves a purpose. And so, we cannot say such a thing.

Well, then, should we say, "I died with Christ on the cross, and so, I am dead to the law." But then why do you obey it? Why do you still proclaim it? Why do you acknowledge it in your heart?

Jesus made it clear the problem was not with the law. The law did not make people sinful nor righteous. The problem was inside a person's heart. Their motives were corrupt. Sin was a problem deep inside of us. Our actions makes evident of this internal problem, but our actions is not what makes us a sinner.

Christ said a person must be born again. (John 3:5) A person must have a heart transplant. They must be changed and transformed on the inside. They need to have a new life in Christ.

Once we repent, we need to be changed. We need to be born again. When this happens, we are sinless. We are without sin. The internal problem or disease has been cured. We have victory. We are not longer seperated from God. We have been united with Him. We are one with Christ.

And yet, Christians still sin. So what does this mean?

It means that God allows this sin in us. God does not make us sin and He does not lead us into sin, but He does allow us to sin. Do you not think Jesus Christ is strong enough to remove all your sins? Do you not think He can do this?

He certainly can do this. He is God. He is all powerful. Nothing can stand in His way. Obviously, He allows the Devil to tempt you. He also allows you to fall into sin. But why? Why would God who is Holy and pure allow us to sin?

You are a work of God. You are under construction. The Lord loves you and is trying to mold you to the image of God. His ultimate goal is to become one with you. However, God cannot become one with you, if you keep trying to be independent. He must first etch away at this thing called "self" which causes you to pull away from God.

In your life, you will sin. You will stumble and fall. You will suffer great trials and tribulations. And God will allow evil people and evil angels to make these things happen. In fact, God allows evil to exist for the sheer purpose of humbling you. Like a good father, He is raising you up so that when you enter into Heaven you will be completely and totally ready for the great and awesome things awaiting you.

What does this mean? If you are born again, you are sinless and perfect. The Lord Jesus Christ lives inside of you, and He is God. He has authority over all things. In a split second, He could remove every sin and struggle you have.

However, this perfection is not apparent to us, because we still live in a corrupt world. We are still growing in our faith. We are still learning to walk with God. We are developing an eternal relationship with the Lord.

This means you will sin. God is allowing this sin to enter into your life to keep you humble and to teach you a lesson. When you sin, you must learn from it. You must repent of your sins, and ask God what you need to learn. What is it in your life that is keeping you from Christ? And I don't mean, what is keeping you from reading your bible or attending Church. I am speaking of your heart. What is keeping your heart from God. Will you not let Him in? Will you not let God have complete control over you? Will you not accept Jesus as the Lord of your life?

You should be singing praises to God in your heart 24/7. In everything you do, you should worship God. If there is but one thing in which you don't, one thing that you do by yourself, then you are causing a wedge of seperation from you and God. Whether reading the bible, or attending Church, going to work, using the bathroom, sleeping, eating.....you should be continually united with Christ. You should always, always acknowledge the love of your life. Worship Christ in all you do.

I am sharing this with you, because some people think that Christ will never let us sin. They think that we can somehow achieve a state here on earth where we never commit a sin. Such a mentality is a dangerous place to be. What happens when you find out it isn't true, when you fall into sin??

There are many, many great men and women of God who think they are invulnerable who fall into sin, and fall hard. They almost lose their faith entirely. They become nearly lost. I am speaking of pastors, ministers, and missionaries. These people who are often revered.

They thought victory came in deeds, and that they would never fall into sin. Our victory comes in Christ, not our own deeds, not by our own power. This means, we need Jesus. We need forgiveness. We need grace.

You will sin, and as such, always remember the cross. You are forgiven. We are perfect in Christ because we are forgiven. We have victory, because we are forgiven. We are without sin, because we have been forgiven.

1 John 1:8-10 (NASB)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. (*note: His word being Jesus Christ as established in John 1.)

Lastly, some people will read this and may draw a conclusion like, "This means it is good to sin" or they may reject all these teachings because they will say, "This says it is okay to sin."

Such thoughts are from the Devil and are to be rejected. In order to accept forgiveness and repent, a person must admit wrong doing. As such, a person is openly admitting it is not okay to sin. A person who repents is seeking a change. They are willing to stop sinning and obey God first and foremost. A person who is not willing to stop is rejecting Christ.

It is not good to sin, and it is not okay to sin, and if someone is sinning, we must all encourage them to stop sinning. We should help one another in love.

If anyone does fall into sin, do not become overcome by despair. Do not give into the Devil who will say, "You are a worthless sinner." Take up your cross, and sacrifice your life to Christ. Accept God's grace.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB)
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

With the utmost love for you all,

Blake

2006/4/27 10:37Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re: Sinless in this lifetime

Amen Brother Blake!

This is a wonderful post. It is so important to have Christ at the center of our lives. I know for me myself, I dont think I could live without Christ in my life. I dont know what I would do or who I would be without serving and loving HIM.

So many people do get caught up on things like: "we arent worthy of what has been done or will be done through Jesus Christ. As sinners we deserve hell." "I need to be perfect before I can serve GOD and accept Christ as the Lord of my life."

And oh, goodness how misunderstood are the basis of these statements.

True, we do not deserve what Jesus is. But GOD loves us so much, HE WANTS us to be near to HIM so much, that HE did this for us to be with HIM. To serve HIM and love HIM, to make HIM the center of our lives where every last thought of the day is of HIM.

True, we do deserve hell. But once again the unfathomable love that GOD has for us is the reason we were given The Christ our Jesus. HE was given by GOD so we may be with GOD in death instead of the eternal seperation that is hell.

True, we do need to strive for the perfection that is a Christ like life. BUT it is VERY important to realize you can NOT let that get in the way of your walk with Christ. When you accept Christ as the Lord of your life. Things are perfected through HIM. You can NOT perfect yourself outside the deity that is Christ. Seek HIM and conform to HIS image. Come to HIM and walk with HIM. HE is THE WAY to a "sinless life of perfection." There is no other way to be right in the eyes of our GOD other than through Christ.

Seek the lord always in all things.

In Christ,
Scroggins

2006/4/27 11:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy