SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : i dunno

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: the Word made flesh

I've said this in other threads, and it bears many repetitions.... however, this is the very short version. Look here at Romans 8:11, (below), where very clearly, Paul says that the Holy Spirit brings to life our 'mortal' body. That is, the body of flesh which is destined to die physically, can be enlivened, physically, by the Holy Spirit.... So, what is the Holy Spirit doing? He is not preventing the eventual death of the physical body. What He is doing is establishing the [i]spritiual[/i] principle of life overcoming death [i]in our flesh[/i], as we [i][b]will[/b][/i] to [u]stop[/u] committing the sins of the flesh through His enabling power.

In a single sentence, which I quote from GW North 'The Holy Spirit has come to make the life of Jesus Christ [u]real[/u] in [u]your[/u] flesh.'

To me, this is the gospel.... That as we 'eat' the Word, and words of, Jesus Christ, we are changed... really changed. As we live and walk in the Spirit, practising that life of Jesus Christ in our flesh - we are being changed.

(KJV) Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.

2006/5/2 15:46
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Amen Sister!

We are dead while living in the flesh alone. But the Holy Spirit grants us true life, yes, even physically we do change under the power of the Holy Spirit. We are given things to edify and bring Glory to GOD while in the physical being here on earth, all of us not one in exception are crafted perfectly for GOD's will be done. Whether or not we choose to fulfill that will of GOD to be as Jesus was; is up to us.

We [u]in Christ[/u] will overcome the very nature of our flesh. But to do that we must deny what makes us "us" in the flesh. We are to walk like Christ, talk like Christ and be like Christ. So that we may have the "sinless perfection." No, "sinless perfection" is not something obtained. It is something just happens through the seeking something else. That something else is GOD our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Much as you say Sister, The Gospel is always giving revelation in the Hearts of those that seek GOD. GOD wants us to change. Why else would HE have sent Jesus and The Gospel. I just pray that we are not too hard of heart and proud to listen to what the Lord our GOD has to say to us.

I pray for revelation for us all.

Serving the Living GOD,
Scroggins

2006/5/2 16:22Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

scroggins.....ON EARTH.......Jesus was a man.

Now He is exalted to the highest place....

He was God before He came to earth,
He became man on earth
He was exalted to the highest place when He accended into heaven when He left earth.....

Jesus is God!

However ON EARTH my dear friend.....He was the "son of man" he was a man. Of the seed of abraham.

Anyway....i dont know if u yet undertand (phil 2) (col 1) etc yet... i dunno scroggins what do u think, did i make my view more clearer for you?

if not ask me more specificaly and i will attempt to articulate an answer in a worthy manner.

humnbled himself a little lower than the angels....

God bless u!

2006/5/3 2:04Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Brother,

This brings me great comfort to hear you say,

Quote:
Jesus is God!

But Brother I am still not in understanding when you say that

Quote:
However ON EARTH my dear friend.....He was the "son of man" he was a man. Of the seed of abraham.

Yes he was the "son of man", but was he not GOD manifest in the flesh as the word says?

Was he not whom HE said HE was?

Yes HE was of the seed of Abraham, as prophecy stated and was fulfilled by Christ.

[u][b]Colossians 1:12-18 (KJV)[/u][/b]

12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

What I gather from Col 1 is that Christ is GOD. And that ON EARTH, HE was the very image of the invisible GOD. Which I take as being different as being made in the image of GOD as normal man is.

If Christ is the very image of the invisible GOD on Earth, does that not mean

(also like said in John 1:14 (KJV)

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.)

that HE is GOD on Earth?

Now yes, HE was made flesh (made a man), but HE was still yet, GOD as a man. HE did not have any signs of what makes us man (fleshy desires). HE had no sin that all man have. HE was perfection that no man has or ever will be. Thus furthers my point.

GOD came to Earth manifest in the flesh with the name of Jesus, and HE was/is Christ.

To put it more clearly for you Brother, Christ was GOD manifest in the flesh here on Earth. HE was not just a normal man and should not be deemed as such. HE was not mere man, HE was not just like us. HE is something so much better and so far greater than we can ever begin to grasp.

I hope we can overcome the semantics.

In HIS Love,
Scroggins

2006/5/3 12:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy