SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Knowing the love of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DomSpencer

Hull, East Yorkshire, England

Knowing the love of God

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. [color=FF3333]And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge[/color]—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3

I was wondering what people make of this passage. I can testify, in recent months, to having been gripped by a new understanding of God's love for me. Of course, I mean for others, too! I feel that I am grasping more of how wide, long, high and deep Christ's love is for me - not just "Theologically", but in a real, abiding and "felt" way. This is having the effect of bringing a deep peace and contentment to my heart, and a more thorough confidence in God's acceptance of me as one of His sons & heirs.

I know feelings aren't everything, and in many cases they are to be opposed by the Truth, but when feelings so clearly line up with the Biblical revelation - how can they be ignored?

Would anyone else like to share anything about their revelation/experience of the love of God in Jesus?

2006/4/21 8:19Profile

Re: Knowing the love of God

AMEN...It is important,I believe, to KNOW the love of GOD and not just know(head) about it! Love is no theology!!! I have just had a breakthrough with the "Father". Jesus came not to just give us Himself, but the Father also. "No man comes to the Father but by Me" john.14:6 God is love, not just a teaching. The letter KILLS

2006/4/21 9:12

Re: Knowing the love of God

Paul here

Just a short note,For God so loved the cosmos.God made a covenant with man through
the death of his son jesus. The blood covenant is the seal of his love to the human race.
jesus became the serpant so we could become the sons of God.Jesus went into the depth of hell and payed the price.
knowing full well that giving his life up for us,would seperate him from the love of his Father.He became the sin of the whole world,past presant and future.how wide and how deep and how long is the love of God,It's evrelasting to everlasting.The cosmic(worldly) mind cannot comprehend what the love of God is.It is the life of the anoited (CHRIST) son of God within me,giving me the abilty to become love(charity a molty fasceted love of God)We are the sons of Gods love manifested in the cosmos(world).Our fruit comes from the tree of life,love joy peace,ect.knowing this we cry abba father,thank you, thank you.
[size=xx-small][color=990000][font=Impact]WHAT BOWELS OF LOVE THE LORD JESUS HAS BESOWED TOWARDS US.[/font][/color][/size]
I LOVE YOU WITH THE LOVE OF THE LORD, I CAN SEE IT IN YOU GLORY OF MY KING,FOR I LOVE YOU WITH THE LOVE OF THE LORD.AMEN AND AMEN.paul a servant of the lord Jesus Christ.

2006/4/23 11:52
DomSpencer

Hull, East Yorkshire, England

Re:

Thanks for that Dave Abreu...

Sounds like you're on a journey too. How immeasurable, unstoppable, unfathomable is God's love...........FOR ME! FOR YOU!

It's not just a Theological concept to be admired from a distance, and debated about in lofty hermeneutical terms, but a reality to be grasped (laid hold of).

The cross is indeed where God's love for mankind was demonstrated, and it is an act that fully encompasses all of mankind's need, and fulfills all of God's demands upon us. But the cross is not where the love of God stops - it is where His love begins: Jesus died so we could live, but also so He could send His Holy Spirit, and KNOW in experience how wide, deep, high and long that love is. The cross did not EXHAUST God's love - His love is boundless and inexhaustible. If it were not so then God would be finite, because "God is Love"! The cross was indeed an act beyond equal in all of history, and in all of time and eternity, but for God it was a beginning: not only a gate for the lost to become saved, but also a fountain for the saved to drink from and experience for themselves the love that was behind that great Act.

May you lay hold of the reality of Jesus' love for you in your life. When you are as low as you can go, may you find the love of Christ that goes ever deeper. When you are as far away from the Presence that ever you may wander, may you find the love of Christ that is always wider. When you've gone as far as you can go, and feel like giving up, may you discover the love of Jesus, which is always longer. When you draw near to the Throne and rise up in His Presence, may you find the love of God the Father and God the Son, that is always higher, to raise you up to the place of complete fullness in God.

Bless you,
Dom

2006/4/25 8:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy