SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Brothers and Sisters, help to discern.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Brothers and Sisters, help to discern.

Brothers and Sisters,
I believe the Lord is working in me more than I may know. I have some things I feel people here may be able to help me understand.

It starts several months back with a dream I had. My dream was lustful (I believe it to be an attack on me), then the dream whites out and I am in a park or something of the sort. Everything my eyes could see was perfect. There was a man next to me though I did not see his face. He seemed to be dressed as a normal business man. We were on a bench, he said to me, "you know what the problem is?", and then I awoke. I knew at an instant that I was being spoken to. I felt overwhelmed with joy when I awoke though I did not know the meaning of this dream. Shortly after that dream I was in church and I felt a presence come upon me. It felt as if there was someone standing on my chest. I started to talk to this force because I knew immediately it was not of GOD. It answered back with force as I felt a tightening around my throat. Every muscle in my body was tense as it happened. I would speak to it (though I said nothing with my mouth) this force seemed to be answering back with tightening on my neck. As the grip loosened I saw an outline of a male build in bright light, like a golden coloring.

Within a week I had another dream. This one was very different. It started out with me in an SUV (I think it was a Ford Explorer or something, not that this of any importance but it may be a clue as to whom I was with.) leaving some building. I was not driving and I could not recall whom I was with or where I was leaving. The sky was clear and blue. Then the driver of the vehicle Looked into the rearview mirror and said something to the effect of "look at the clouds, they look like they are rolling towards us, that’s cool." But when I looked back out of the back window to see what he spoke of I saw something much worse. The sky grew dark and the clouds started to take a form and flashed with light. They flashed with red and white light like fire. The clouds took the shape of a serpent and then the serpent started raining fire down on the street and cars behind us. We then came to an intersection and what I saw was very disturbing. The highways and roads were split. Cars were burning and abandoned. I saw someone I knew (though once again I do not know who it was) and got out of the SUV. I made for a truck, got in, and told them to go to my house. When we got to my house we headed for the most fortified room (like the tornado room) there were more people there. I said "everyone stay here." and then awoke. (What is strange about the rooms in my house is that they were not in the same layout as my house at the time of this dream. But I got the feeling and knew that it was my house.)

Now recently (Wednesday or Thursday of last week) I had a very deep night of prayer before sleep and then went to sleep. When the morning came I was woken up by a voice that sounded familiar. It said to me, “Wake up, are you ready?” There was nobody in my house except for me because my family was out of state. I without thinking of it got out of bed and got ready for work. But, since that morning I have been feeling a burning sensation in my chest when I pray or talk about or talk to GOD. (It feels as if I can feel the blood pumping from my heart, but it burns like fire in my veins) With that feeling I have also noticed a sharpening of my gifts of the spirit.

Then last night I flipped through my bible a bit and then had some prayer time. I went to sleep and had a dream. In this dream I was at a church or a cemetery or something of that nature. I was outside and there were people with me, but they were very few. I do not remember as to what I was doing there or why I was there but something happened while I was there. A storm approached, it was very large like hurricanes and tornados and the blasts came in waves. I was holding on to things, and at one point I was on the ground by a ditch, trying not to be blown away while trying to make my way to the monastery. I could not make it in the building but somehow did. When I made it inside the building there were more people there taking cover, all running for a place like in my last dream, the most fortified place in the building. I made it to this room also; it was very large with many seats and levels. I made my way for the top level. As I was doing this I awoke.

Please give me input to what you all think about this. I think its a calling from GOD, but to what? What does the Bible say about things like this? The only thing I can think of with the burning is the day of Pentecost. And what of the dreams?

Bless
Scroggins

2006/4/13 13:51Profile

Re: Brothers and Sisters, help to discern.

Hello...Take time to pray about this dream. Its best to let the Holy Spirit tell you the interpretation. There is nothing to worry about. Father God will not just throw you from the pan into the fire. Evangelism comes to mind. There are hard times of testing coming to the world. Be of good cheer, you are a child of the King. 8-)

2006/4/13 18:44
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Brothers and Sisters, help to discern.

bro Scroggins
wow the Lord is indeed seeing to it that dreama re being dreamt! i tend to agree with bro Dave in that evangelism comes to mind.it seems also that the Lord has given you a deeper insight into what is seen from this portion:

Quote:
Within a week I had another dream. This one was very different. It started out with me in an SUV (I think it was a Ford Explorer or something, not that this of any importance but it may be a clue as to whom I was with.) leaving some building. I was not driving and I could not recall whom I was with or where I was leaving. The sky was clear and blue. Then the driver of the vehicle Looked into the rearview mirror and said something to the effect of "look at the clouds, they look like they are rolling towards us, that’s cool." But when I looked back out of the back window to see what he spoke of I saw something much worse. The sky grew dark and the clouds started to take a form and flashed with light. They flashed with red and white light like fire. The clouds took the shape of a serpent and then the serpent started raining fire down on the street and cars behind us.

we know the enemy will surely attack savagely the Church of God but the Lord is our refuge so we shall be kept safe in His hand. it seems the Lord will have you bring some saints into the fold and tend to them. Praise the Lord He is raising up His saints in these days!

seek the Lord's revelation on these things for there are many layers to these dreams beyond what you see in them, but you knew that, that's why you brought this up.

2006/4/13 20:39Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Amen Brothers and Sisters!

Brother Farai
You are correct that I know the depth of these dreams. As you already know Brother, I have done more searching than I lead on to have done in this post. The main purpose of this post is to further the access that the Lord has to me on this topic. I am fully open to what ever the Lord Jesus may have to tell me, possibly using one of you at SI. I also feel I was compelled to post it in order to remind some that GOD still does make men seeking HIM dream dreams. I can only hope that I will be used mightily for the kingdom.

To answer your statements of evangelism. Yes, I feel called to something like that.

Thank you all for the input.

Bless
Scroggins

2006/4/13 21:58Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro scroggins

Quote:
You are correct that I know the depth of these dreams. As you already know Brother, I have done more searching than I lead on to have done in this post. The main purpose of this post is to further the access that the Lord has to me on this topic. I am fully open to what ever the Lord Jesus may have to tell me, possibly using one of you at SI. I also feel I was compelled to post it in order to remind some that GOD still does make men seeking HIM dream dreams. I can only hope that I will be used mightily for the kingdom.

bro, there are so many layers to dreams and visions and the Lord peels layers off and explains each minute detail. the Lord has shown me some visions over and over and each time reveals a different part of the puzzle.

Amen bro, the Lord still gives men dreams (as you can attest to this) shows visions (as i can attest) and the things which He spoke of in Joel chapt 2 will indeed come to pass.

[b]Joel 2:28-32 28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.[/b]

man this latter rain is gonna flip the world upside down...again this time even more so than the first.man we see the works the Lord did through the apostles and the early Church but we have to yield to the Lord's Holy Spirit and upon doing so, man, when Holy Spirit gets turned loose...He's gonna wreck shop and i'm excited about that! praise the Lord He's still in the business of raising up saints who dream dreams!

2006/4/14 11:53Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

AMEN!!!

2006/4/14 13:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy