SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : There ain't nothin' like a Holy Ghost meetin'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

There ain't nothin' like a Holy Ghost meetin'

" Not by might, nor by power, but by MY SPIRIT, saith the LORD of hosts."
---Zechariah 4:6

"Now the LORD is that SPIRIT: and where the SPIRIT OF THE LORD is, there is LIBERTY. ---2nd Corinthians 3:17 ( emphasis mine )
________________________________________________________________________________

Now, right at the outset of this message, I would like to acknowledge that I really do know that the TITLE of this message is not in proper diction---( actually, I only know this because my beloved wife is an ENGLISH MAJOR, and taught English in the public schools, ....and she finds my particular brand of "English" especially atrocious and offensive to her refined and educated sensibilities. )

So, I said all of that to say, that, yes, I do know that my TITLE should probably read---"THERE IS NOT ANYTHING QUITE LIKE A MEETING WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PRESENT " ----but, I like my TITLE much better, so let's get on with it.

Most preachers, it seems, will have three points and a poem to their sermon. I don't really know how many points I'll wind up with, or if there will be any point at all, but I do have TWO POEMS to start off with. The first was written by "yours truly" and I do not know who penned the second.

"There ain't nothin' like a Holy Ghost meetin', I declare,
I can feel a Holy Ghost meetin' comin'--it's in the air--
There'll be shoutin', runnin', praisin' and preachin'---
When you have a Holy Ghost meetin'---
There ain't nothin' like a Holy Ghost meetin', I declare."

"Well, they call us "Holy Rollers" and, you know, I guess it's really true---
But, if you knew why we were rolling, Brother, you'd be rolling too."

Speaking of "Holy Rollers", I'm reminded of an old fashioned Holy Ghost Meetin' which we attended a few years ago here in Dallas, Texas. Evangelist R.W. Schambach came and set up his HUGE Gospel Tent, seating SIX THOUSAND people.

Right at the outset, of this Holy Ghost Meetin', I was very disturbed by two "characters" who were seated right in the front row. These two young men were, I'd say, between 20 and 25 years of age. They were always seated right next to each other and they were getting on my nerves---BIG TIME !

You see, every service, afternoon and evening, everyday, these two guys were up and on their feet---right from the opening song ! I mean, it really did not even take an opening song---if somebody so much as shouted a "HALLELUJAH !!!" or maybe a good "GLORY !!!!!!" these two were up and at it. You ask---"Up and at what, brother Carl ? "
Well, maybe I shouldn't even tell you....many of you might get just as upset as I did....You, know, we all know the Scripture about everything being done "decently and in order " and everything, and well, this which was taking place, before my eyes, wasn't too "decent" and not very much "in order"---BUT, WHAT MOST OF US NEVER TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IS THAT IT'S---GOD'S ORDER--WHICH THE BIBLE IS SPEAKING OF, AND GOD IS NOT NEAR AS BASHFUL AND REFINED AS MOST OF US "DECENTLY AND IN ORDER" FOLKS ARE.

Ok, I'll tell you about it. But, I caution you, reserve your judgement until you read all the way to the end of the story---At the very outset of music, song, praise, worship, or almost anything else,
the one young man was on his feet and dancing all over creation....and I mean--DANCIN'.
He really got with it and--- HE REALLY DIDN'T CARE WHO LIKED IT OR NOT---he was oblivious to everything and everybody, with his eyes uplifted to Heaven and a certain GLOW on his face. But, he irritated ME ( the BIG I ) because, I did not think that he was "decent and in order ".

Now, this second fellow,.... maybe I better not tell you ?!.... Ok, I'll tell you. But you'll get all offended , just like I did.-----This second fellow, at the drop of any hat, was up on his feet,and he was NOT dancin' ....ah,... I better not tell you....Ok, Ok, I'll tell you, but remember I warned you that I probably shouldn't. He was up, out of his seat, and doin' CART WHEELS all over the front of the BIG TENT---I mean, he wasn't hiding over in the corner....HE DID NOT EVEN LOOK EMBARRASSED !!! There he was in full view of thousands---DOING CART WHEELS !!! I mean--- DOING CART WHEELS !!!---AT CHURCH !!!!!!

Every time, these two were up and at it, which was most of the time, I would elbow my wife, roll my eyes and whisper---"Why don't those two just sit down !? " Connie, never seemed disturbed about these two, and would just elbow me and whisper back---SHHHHHHHHHHH ! Then, I'd look at the Evangelist R.W. Schambach, and he did NOT seem one bit disturbed by these two "characters" either. In fact, he seemed to be enjoying it. He was all smiles and laughing a good bit. Then, I would disgustingly think to MYSELF ---"Am I the only one in this tent that knows these two guys are---"OUT OF ORDER " ?!

Then, one day, after several days of these "goings on", Evangelist Schambach stood in the pulpit and pointed down at these two young "out of order " fellows and called them by name and said---
" You two come on up here and tell all these folks your testimonies ! "
The two of them JOGGED up to the platform....I mean, they didn't walk, they broke into a run !

Now, it was time for the BIG I to be humbled, humiliated, and reduced to ashes and tears.
( My wife, she loves times like this and just kind of looks over at me and rolls her eyes and smiles real BIG. )

The dancin' fellow was the first to take the microphone and this is what he said----

"I was born with Cerebral Palsy and from the time I was born, my body was twisted and contorted and I was confined to a wheel chair and never would have walked---much less danced---as I was a total invalid. Then one day, somebody took me to a Katherine Khulman meeting and THE LORD JESUS touched my body, and I got up out of that wheel chair, and I've been 100% normal ever since---ONLY THING IS, I CAN'T STOP DANCIN' !!!!!!!!!! "

Well, you can imagine, the place "went wild".......some were dancin'....some were runnin'.....and EVERYBODY was SHOUTIN'--------"HALLELUJAH !!!!!!!!! " ....."GLORY !!!!!!!!!!! "

( except ME, of course. I just had my head bowed ( to the dust of the floor, almost ) with tears running down my face, as I asked the Lord to please forgive ME. )

Now, when everybody calmed down, a little, MR.CART WHEELS took the microphone.
I could hardly believe my ears !!! I trembled and wept as we all listened to the following----

"I was in college at the University of Tennessee, and I was on the football team, and I had a very promising future. Then I got involved with drugs and not only became an addict, but also a drug dealer. Then one day, in an alley, a drug deal went terribly wrong and a guy pulled a gun and put it to my head and shot me, not once or twice, but seven times---IN THE HEAD ! I fell to the ground with seven bullets in my head with blood pouring out of my head. The guy that shot me took off and I lay on the ground bleeding to death---BUT, I never lost consciousness and I began to CALL ON JESUS !--- 'Lord JESUS !!! HELP ME !!! HELP ME LORD !!!! PLEASE !!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE, LORD !!!!! I'LL GO TO HELL, LORD !!!!!! HELP ME JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '
Well, the police came, and the ambulance came, ---I was still conscious as they rushed me to the hospital---the doctors were TOTALLY DUMBFOUNDED. I was not in pain, the bleeding had stopped and after x rays, and much examination, the doctors told me that I had seven bullets in my head. They could not operate to take them out, because to do so they would destroy my brain---which by the way was functioning just fine.....so they had no recourse but to discharge me from the hospital, as far as they could tell there was nothing wrong with me....except, of course, that I had seven bullets in my head !!! "...........

Now, earlier, when MR. CART WHEELS ran to the podium, we all noticed that he was carrying a HUGE manilla envelope; and at this point in his testimony, he reached into the envelope and pulled out the contents, saying----

"Here are my X-RAYS.....As I hold them up before you, you can plainly see the seven bullets in my head. All seven are still there---BUT, JESUS !!!!!!!---and you wonder why I do CART WHEELS all over this tent ???!!! OH JESUS !!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, LORD JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'D BE IN HELL TODAY !!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, you can imagine. All Holy Ghost pandemonium broke out; and all of us ( including ME )
who were present, in that Old Fashioned Holy Ghost Tent meeting, can truly testify-----

There ain't nothin' like a Holy Ghost meetin'

-- Written by Carl Giordano -- 11/23/2005 --

2006/4/4 13:48
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: There ain't nothin' like a Holy Ghost meetin'

what awesome testimonies! Our God is a GREAT BIG GOD! Praise Him for His Mighy Deeds! Thanks for sharing this Joshua! :-D

2006/4/4 16:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy