Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : trees

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

trees

hi all,

23 He took the blind man by the hand and brought him out of the village. Spitting on his eyes and laying His hands on him, He asked him, "Do you see anything?" 24 He looked up and said, "I see people--they look to me like trees walking." 25 Again He placed His hands on his eyes, and he saw distinctly. He was cured and could see everything clearly.

there must be a reason for this guyin not being healed right awayt,after all Jesus knew he would heal him..so why the partial healing at first,he see's trees why u think?
andy

2006/4/2 17:36
roadsign

Re: trees

Quote:
so why the partial healing at first

Jesus had very ingenius ways of making object lessons out of things that were going on.

I've included the context of your reference - hopefully to shed some light on your question. Notice what happened just before the healing. Perhaps that may have some bearing on the partial healing of the blind man.

What do you think Jesus may have been trying to point out?
Is there a spiritual parallel?
What does this say about the blind man?
What about his faith?
Diane

Mar 8:14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take any bread along and had only one loaf with them in the boat.
Mar 8:15 Jesus had been warning them, "Watch out! Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and the yeast of Herod!"
Mar 8:16 So they were discussing with one another the fact that they didn't have any bread.
Mar 8:17 Knowing this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you discussing the fact that you don't have any bread? Don't you understand or perceive yet? Are your hearts hardened?
Mar 8:18 Do you have eyes but fail to see? Do you have ears but fail to hear? Don't you remember?
Mar 8:19 When I broke the five loaves for the 5,000, how many baskets did you fill with leftover pieces?" They told him, "Twelve."
Mar 8:20 "When I broke the seven loaves for the 4,000, how many large baskets did you fill with the leftover pieces?" They told him, "Seven."
Mar 8:21 Then he said to them, "Don't you perceive yet?"

Mar 8:22 As they came to Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus and begged him to touch him.
Mar 8:23 Jesus took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village. He spit into his eyes, placed his hands on him, and asked him, "Do you see anything?"
Mar 8:24 The man looked up and said, "I see people, but they look like trees walking around."
Mar 8:25 Then Jesus placed his hands on the man's eyes again, and he saw clearly. His sight was restored, and he saw everything perfectly even from a distance.

2006/4/2 18:10Profile

Re:

diane i think uve hit on something for me here!i really am the type of person whos expecting the bammmmm from Jesus then are move on with him..the idea of Jesus healing you and ur faith still not enough for the miricle is scary..its like this blind guys saying "well mannnn Jesus got me half healed,now i can belive for the rest,before i wasnt so sure but now i am" lol..

its funny i was reading ur post about music..i play the piano real bad..i was pondering my mindset about God and it struck me its the same mindset i have about music..im like well why do we need 12 keys,whys that note got to follow that note,why that chord first and that one after lol..music is perfect and i'm arguing with that too Mr no logic lol or ornette coleman (free jazz) haha
thks Andy

2006/4/2 21:35
roadsign

Re: two stage healings

Andy said,

Quote:
i really am the type of person whos expecting the bammmmm from Jesus then are move on with him.

Don’t we all! Yet, instant magic does nothing for our need to grow and mature. Christ is far more concerned that we build our faith, one block at a time. And he engages our minds – gets us THINKING - for ourselves. That’s not unlike what our teachers did in the past. They rattled our brains many times, and refused to give us simplistic questions that required simplistic answers . (if the were good teachers)

Quote:
the idea of Jesus healing you and ur faith still not enough for the miricle is scary.

Well, it shouldn’t be scary. Why should we assume that a half healing is a punishment, like we did not deserve any better.

Did you notice that the disciples had such difficulty SEEING spiritual truths? They had just SEEN the feeding of the 4000, and now they couldn’t SEE that Jesus was feeding them again by warning them about the yeast of the Pharisees, ie hypocrisy.

The disciples received a double healing too – first they say with their natural eyes, and later they would see with their spiritual eyes.

Perhaps the healing of the blind man in two stages was a prophetic foreshadowing of the spiritual healing of Christ’s followers – including us. How much has Christ done for us in the natural realm, which we can see. But how much spiritual healing of our ‘EYES’ have we yet to undergo.

Think of the mud and spit… yuck! How unsophisticated, how absolutely OPPOSITE to any kind of healing practise. It is disgusting, actually. But it was the way of Christ. He is not confined by any formulas. And he often does things that break down our own pride and sense of dignity. It is all about self-decreasing. It is all about the development of our faith.

Quote:
its funny i was reading ur post about music..i play the piano real bad.

My dear, it’ risky admitting this to a piano teacher. I may come back to you with questions: “How come?” or “What are you going to do about it?”

Quote:
.i was pondering my mindset about God and it struck me its the same mindset i have about music..im like well why do we need 12 keys, whys that note got to follow that note, why that chord first and that one after

A very intelligent observation!
The explanations to questions like this can never be understood on the surface. No one is going to dish out an easy answer. You have to dig into it for yourself, do the hard work.

So, here’s how you can start: Learn to play some scales on the piano. Start with the C scale, then the G scale… then….. alright, I know you didn’t ask for this…. I was once told don’t give musical advice to anyone unless they pay for it.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. The only thing that is stupid is not bothering to do what it takes to find the answers. If you want the answers you will pay whatever price it takes to find the answers.

"The KINGDOM of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.
When he found one of great value,
he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matt. 13:45

God bless you Andy, as you keep on searching for treasure.
Diane

2006/4/3 7:42Profile
Logic

Edited:
We know that men are likened to trees thruogh out the bible, this men that Jesus heeld was given a 2nd sight into what jesus taught.

[b]Mat 7:16-19[/b] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[b]:17[/b] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[b]:18[/b] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[b]:19[/b] Every tree that bringeth not forth good :20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

[b]Jud 1:12[/b] These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; [b]trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;[/b]

Quote:
the idea of Jesus healing you and ur faith still not enough for the miricle is scary.

Jesus can heal with out faith.
Why do you think that there are singns & wonders that follow HIS gosple?
It is to confirm the Word preached.
Why does it need confirmed?
So people will believe

Also, that man that said, Mat 8:2 "Lord, if you will, thou can make me clean."
He didn't have faith that Jesus would.

2006/4/3 11:33Profile
roadsign

Re: more on trees

Quote:
Mat 7:16-19 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good :20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.Mat 7:16-19 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Logic, how do you think that these verses relate to the story under discussion?
Diane

2006/4/3 11:38Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
roadsign wrote:
Logic, how do you think that these verses relate to the story under discussion?
Diane

Why would Jesus heal 1/2 way if it wern't for a reason?
Do not think that it is because of weak faith on the mans part.

2006/4/3 11:46Profile
roadsign

Re: what about the trees

Quote:
Why would Jesus heal 1/2 way if it wern't for a reason? Do not think that it is because of weak faith on the mans part.

Logic, This may be true, but I was just wondering how your scriptures about trees relate.
Diane

2006/4/3 12:01Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi prayerbone...

I purchased a message by David Wilkerson that he shared at a conference (not downloaded from SermonIndex) where he spoke about this. In the message, Brother Wilkerson seems to argue that the Lord [u]did[/u] heal this man completely. Remember what the man said? After Jesus spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, Jesus asked him what he saw. The man said, "[i]I see men as trees, walking[/i]" (Mark 10:24). The man stated that he saw men walking around like trees. Brother Wilkerson argued that the man was seeing completely -- but in the realm of the spirit. Was the man looking into the spirit and seeing what he should not? There are alot of spiritual comparisons about trees in the Word.

Unfortunately, I let some friends watch the video, but they never returned it. Since I did not attend the conference, I am uncertain where it was preached.

2006/4/3 12:17Profile
Logic

Re:

It is like what Chris said. Jesus did it on purpose, but the man looking into the spirit and seeing what we should all see contrary to what Brother Wilkerson siad.

I was relaiting that time the man saw men walk as trees to what we should all see.

We should be looking for fruit and if it is good or bad.

2006/4/3 13:21Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy