SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lonelyness in Church and in our society

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Lonelyness in Church and in our society

Lonelyness is a big problem in our society and as Jesus is the only person who can comfort the lonely.
With Television and Radio, People do not know how to talk. I used to listen to what people talk about and mostly it is either abount failed relationships.
Why dont christians talk about Jesus outside church?
This is not true with all christians but why is it that I sometimes feel lonely in church which is suppose to be one of the most loving places.

Joh 13:34 - Show Context
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Joh 13:35 - Show Context
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Joh 15:12 - Show Context
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Joh 15:17 - Show Context
These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Ro 12:10 - Show Context
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Ro 13:8 - Show Context
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Ga 5:13 - Show Context
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Eph 4:2 - Show Context
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

1Th 3:12 - Show Context
And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

1Th 4:9 - Show Context
But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Heb 10:24 - Show Context
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

1Pe 1:22 - Show Context
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1Pe 3:8 - Show Context
Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

1Jo 3:11 - Show Context
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1Jo 3:23 - Show Context
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 4:7 - Show Context
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 4:11 - Show Context
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

1Jo 4:12 - Show Context
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

2Jo 1:5 - Show Context
And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another

I am guitly of not loving people aswell. But this is a commandment, how much do we know about are closest friends and how much do we even know about are partners that we have married.
Without god we do not know nothing

DOm

2006/3/31 18:43Profile

Re: Lonelyness in Church and in our society

O.K. who's the wise guy that's been praying for me ? HA :-D .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dom we're as lonely as we want to be and we only tell as much about ourselves as we want to and only listen to others when they tell us about themselves if we feel like listening.

The art of listening is all but gone, but so is the art of listening to God; if you'll excuse my use of the word 'art' for a lack of a better word right now.

When I was a teenager, and we moved to a new town, with me being shy and all, I asked my Dad, how can I make friends, and he said, "Just BE a friend and let it just work out from there ... and don't worry about 'making' friends, just be one."

That stuck with me ... also at the same time I asked him how I could learn how to not be so bloody sensitive and he said, "Just turn that sensitivity around onto others." Oh mannnn.

Father knew best. :-D

2006/3/31 21:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy