SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Did Jesus go to Hell when he died?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
jubilee

Re: church being the storehouse

Hello my name is Jubilee and I just happened in on your discussion and wanted to share a thought that has been studied a lot by me. I believe that the new testament church is not required to give a 10% tithe but a 100% tithe. The word says that we are not our own, but we are bought with a price and that we should no longer live unto ourselve. We are servants of the Lord and therefore the only thing we are required to do is to get up each morning and ask God what He would have us to do with all that He has entrusted to us. I believe in giving a minimum of 10% but to be fully aware that nothing we posesses is our own but a trust that we are to be stewards over for God's purposes. We give our lives and substance to Him to do with as He chooses. This is the place of safety where He meets our every needs. If I give my all to Him He gives His all to me. I am secure in His moment by moment provision. Just a thought to ponder :-) The early church had all things in common and didn't count anything they possessed as their own.

Jubilee :-D

2006/4/7 0:12Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Brothers,

Could we stick to the topic? No, I would not shun or kick you out because you disagree with me about whether or not Jesus went to hell. I will put this back out there and if no one answers I will leave it alone.

If you believe that Acts 2:31 is speaking of the grave with the word Hades here:

"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."

...then how do you reconcile that the rich man was "in torments" when in Hades in Luke 16:23:

"And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."

Both verses use the word Hades, and both are written by Luke.

I am not asking for your overall stance on whether or not Jesus went to hell or not, I am asking for an explanation of what Hades means, and it's usage in the two verses. If Hades is "the grave," then what are the torments that the rich man is experiencing in "the grave?"

2006/4/7 23:00Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

letsgetbusy wrote:
Brothers,
Could we stick to the topic?

What if we said no? :-P

2006/4/7 23:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.