SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Witnessing outside the Opera house in Manchester England

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Witnessing outside the Opera house in Manchester England

All this week i had been laid up in bed with a
terrible flu virus and had planned on witnessing out the the opers house in Manchester. This was an oportunity because my pastor had organized with Christian Voice to hand out specially written tracts because 'the jerry springer show' was showing. So yesterday i wasn't going to let this flu stop me so i wrapped up, armed myself with tracts i ordered from the Living Waters website and went!
There were not many people going to see the show and apparently the attendance for the show has been very little in number all week. As we handed out the tracts to people going in to the Opera House one girl said to me she was a christian and doesn't see whats wrong with watching the show. I then shared with her using the principles as shown in 'the way of the Master'. It was amazing because it really is like you speaking to their consciences. Then i presented the gospel to her. Her friend kept trying to distract her while i was speaking with her by saying "Don't worry you can be with me in hell, we'll go together" and laugh it off. My heart really reached out for these girls. So i thanked them for listening to me asked them if they had a bible and told them when they get back home to read it and think about what we spoke about. I have absolutly no doubt in my mind that as they watched that show their consciences where being pricked. Maybe they even began to squirm in their seat's.
There was also a lady i shared with who looked a little awkward going in to watched the show in the first place. She was a really nice woman who had a lot of questions. After we shared with her and i asked if she had a bible at home it turned out she had a couple of the gospels in her bag!
I also believe she must have felt uncomfortable through the show. I also believe that as some of these people went home and were by themselves they began to listen to their consciences. I know that seeds were sown last night in these people.
One person my paster gave a tract to was the football player Rio Ferdanand.
It was a good night and i overcame my nerves and hope to go again tonight. It's a Friday night so im not sure what it's going to be like.
Praise God i've also been accepted to go to the Evangelism Boot Camp in New York! Im really excited at the opportunity of getting more experience to use on the streets over here.

2006/3/31 3:48

Re: Witnessing outside the Opera house in Manchester England

Quote:
Then i presented the gospel to her. Her friend kept trying to distract her while i was speaking with her by saying "Don't worry you can be with me in hell, we'll go together" and laugh it off. My heart really reached out for these girls.

Geraldine,

This is very good to hear. Hopefully they will have been shocked and disturbed by the show.

Quote:
There was also a lady i shared with who looked a little awkward going in to watched the show in the first place. She was a really nice woman who had a lot of questions. After we shared with her and i asked if she had a bible at home it turned out she had a couple of the gospels in her bag!

That's incredible. It makes me think a lot of people don't know what happens in the show. You're right. I should think she was [i]most[/i] uncomfortable....

Great news about being accepted for Boot Camp. When is it exactly?

Btw, I would never had guessed you have nerves sharing the gospel. You are [i]very able[/i]... Go in God's strength, and trust the leading of His Spirit to give you the right words for each person.

2006/3/31 6:46

Re:

Well, I went for the second evening. Not too many people showed again but there were a few late comers. Anyway as we handed out tracts, seizing any opportunity we could to speak with people, one lady stromed out of the Opera House fumeing demanding to know if we'd seen the show. As a couple of other Christians who were there that night tried to speak with her the conversations began to turn out more like a war between intellects with each side trying to justify itself. Sensing how ugly it could turn i step in to ask if i could speak with her one to one for a couple of min's. Speaking directly to her conscience and not to the intellect, using the law to show her what sin is then presenting to her the gospel turned the whole episode into a more calm one where she was prepared to listen. As her partner asked her to come back in i thanked her for listening to me and handed her a tract which she refused and said she's only throw it away. Spur of the moment i asked her to at least take it and she could throw it away when she got home to which she agreed. Now obviously she didn't want to take the tract which showed to me there was no visable sign she'd accepted anything we talked about but while we were talking there was a point where her conscience kicked in and you could tell she began to fell uncomfortable. I have no doubt she took a look through that tract at some point before throwing it away. That night i prayed to God for her with tears because you could just see the hardness of her heart.
I have found that by going out witnessing you come away sometimes crying for the people you've met. It becomes such a burden that you have to pray for them. My friend shared with me at church tonight how since going out witnessing in Manchester she hasn't stopped crying after seeing the hardness and spiritual blindness of the people.
After this whole experience im determined now to get a few of us together to go out into the streets here as often as we can with the specific goal of witnessing one to one and open air to reach these people. If we get some photos i'll post them on here with any testimonies we get.

2006/4/2 17:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy