SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Confrontational Gospel in Toronto

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

Confrontational Gospel in Toronto

This past Sunday we went to downtown Toronto to do some open air preaching, hand out Gospel tracts, and talk to people about Christ. It was a blessed time to go down to Toronto. Many heard the Gospel preached, some mocked, some received the Word, and some were angry enough to be physically confrontive. Many great things happened on the outreach. One young Muslim man had many questions, and said that he always knew John 3:16 but never understood it before Sunday. We had the opportunity to talk with many people that day, and urged them to come to Christ for salvation.

As we got to Yonge and Dundas to preach there was an artist drawing a large sketch on the sidewalk, with music playing. That led us to go down the street to Yonge and Queen. Brother Lee Mills began preaching the Gospel, urging people to realize their own mortality, how short our lives are, and the need to come to Christ to be saved from Judgment. After awhile of preaching a young man began to verbally oppose him for his preaching. His contention was that Jesus never did this. As well, he opposed the fact that hell is literal, and that there is no Judgment to come. As they loudly spoke back and forth many people were taking note and listening. Lee reasoned with him out of the Scriptures, they spoke for awhile, and they left on good terms with him taking a Gospel tract and a Kent Hovind DVD. He grew up in a Jehovah's Witness home.

Later that day we went back up to Yonge and Dundas, and met up with some others who came from Toronto, Collingwood, Sarnia, and Cobourg. I preached for maybe 20 minutes, it was a very busy day and with the man doing his sketch work on the sidewalk it was difficult to draw a crowd. Abit later Lee began to preach, at length, to the busy crowd this Sunday afternoon. As he was quoting the Scripture from I Corinthians 6:9-10, I noticed two men laughing at the Word of God. Then as Lee quoted the text that "no homosexual will inherit the Kingdom of God" one of the two men made a "B" line towards where Lee was preaching from about 20 meters away. He pushed Lee off the milkcrate and then grabbed him by the neck and yelled at him that he can't say that. He then said if you say that again I'm gonna hurt you. Lee's response to the man was very calm, and he said "sorry brother this is what God's Word says". He then went off on a verbal tirade against God, and grabbed Lee's bible and threw it on the ground, then stormed off. Lee then got back on the crate and resumed preaching.

Soon after we went back down to Yonge and Queen and Lee resumed open air preaching. Almost as soon as Lee began to preach a homeless man began to yell and curse at Lee to stop preaching and how he was bad for his panhandling business. Lee continued to preach the Word, then the man finally approached Lee on his crate, pushing him off and yelling loudly at him. Once the preaching was over we had great opportunities to witness to some of the people listening, there were 5-6 young people from Ireland, one of whom said that he sees preaching often in his homeland and how it was good to see younger people doing it. As well when we left Lee went over to give the homeless man some money, and he seemed abit surprised thanking him and saying "God bless you".

2006/3/29 15:51Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Confrontational Gospel in Toronto

Great to hear from you brother. Good report. Do you have any video/audio? I was watching a DVD from, I believe, Jeffrey Lockwood. It has a short clip of you. I was wondering if you had any more out there somewhere?

God Bless.

2006/3/29 16:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Praise God brother glad to see this report of what God is doing in Toronto.

2006/3/29 17:24Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Brother Parsley we have some audio of Lee Mills preaching, I do not have any of myself though. I am trying to put Lee's preaching on repentcanada.com. It came out good, there is alot of profanity on the recording though. I just got an mp3 player this week, so God willing I'll add some more audio soon. It really was a blessed day in Toronto, Steve and Christine Bainbridge (bythewayministries.ca) put it together for the Sunday to do some outreach.

We're missing you up here brother Greg, may God continue to bless you dear brother.

2006/3/29 20:17Profile
repentcanada

Re:

I got Lee's preaching online now, you can listen to it at http://repentcanada.blogspot.com/2006/03/toronto-open-air-preaching.html

At some points it's pretty intense, and there is alot of vulgarity. He said he would would some feedback from other believers out there.

God bless

2006/3/30 23:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy