SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pre-Tribulation Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
ryanelijah

Pre-Tribulation Rapture

So I was curious to see what scriptures people quote who support pre-tribulation rapture. I can't find anything in the bible that supports this theory, but tons of scripture that supports the rapture happening after the tribulation. Let me know what you think

2006/3/28 13:42Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re: Pre-Tribulation Rapture

UH OH...here we go ;-) I see it already 15,000 posts. :-P

2006/3/28 13:50Profile

The tribulation period is what? God's wrath poured out on a sinful world, correct? Before I show you supportive verses for Pre-Trib, can you show me any instances in the Bible that speak about God pouring out His wrath on those who follow Him? (Notice I said "those who follow Him, not "His people"... there is a difference, especially in the OT) [i]1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ...[/i]

Ooops... I just showed you one!

Anyway, answer my question first, then I will answer yours.

Up until a couple months ago I held a neuteral position on this, but I am now firmly pre-trib.

Krispy

2006/3/28 13:52
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

I tend to be pre-trib. Why?

Well, I don't have the time to go into that right now.

However, as a Christian, I would like to think I'm somewhat (at least) in tune with the Spirit.

My heart...tells me pre-trib.

My Intellect: "whatever-trib"

I guess I'm trying to say that whatever happens, I want to be prepared, and know HIM. That's what is important.

Mark

2006/3/28 14:13Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Kristy,

Is the pretribulation rapture going to be secret (i.e., the world will not see Jesus coming) or will the pretribulation rapture be visible to the world?

You are right though, as Christians we are not going to suffer the wrath of God. However, is it possible that God can punish the wicked and shield the righteous at the same time?

Didn't he do something similar in Exodus 12?

12For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

13And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: [u]and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.[/u]

2006/3/28 14:13Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I guess I'm trying to say that whatever happens, I want to be prepared, and know HIM. That's what is important.

My advice to you, if you are unsure, is to prepare for a post-tribulation rapture and pray for a pre-tribulation rapture.

2006/3/28 14:14Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
The tribulation period is what? God's wrath poured out on a sinful world, correct? Before I show you supportive verses for Pre-Trib, can you show me any instances in the Bible that speak about God pouring out His wrath on those who follow Him? (Notice I said "those who follow Him, not "His people"... there is a difference, especially in the OT) 1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ...

Those who disbelieve already have the wrath of God on them.
Quote:
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Why do I quote that? Well does it not mak a case that believers are already on earth side by side with those upon whom God's wrath abides. So if the tribulation is an outpuring of greater wrath on unbelivers there is no logical reason to believe we can't be here at that time. paslm 91 would certainly allow for believers to have all sorts of calamity round about them but not coming upon them.

Perhaps there are other reasons to believe that Christians will be removed from the earth before the tribulation. But I don't find that argument convincing in and of itself.

2006/3/28 14:16Profile

Re:

JaySaved.... it's Krispy, not Kristy. Kristy is my wife's name, ironically.

Anyway... No, I believe the rapture will be known very well. And I believe that the chaos that ensues will be the catipult that puts the anti-christ into power.

If you read the scriptures, there is no way you can be on earth and not be effected by what happens in the tribulation... especially when it comes to buying and selling.

Those who refuse the mark will be killed, those who take it will have no way of turning back. Thats plain and simple.

Krispy

2006/3/28 14:26
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Sorry about that Krispy.

Quick question about what you wrote:

Quote:
If you read the scriptures, there is no way you can be on earth and not be effected by what happens in the tribulation... especially when it comes to buying and selling.

Is this God's Wrath or Man's wrath?

2006/3/28 14:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
Those who disbelieve already have the wrath of God on them.

No they dont. Sorry, Taco, but thats bad theology. Read John 3:16. As long as an unbeliever has breath in their body they are not experiencing God's wrath. I believe if you're unsaved and still alive it's because God is being patient with you and doesnt wish to see you perish.

God's Word says He wishes none should perish but that all should come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Thats not wrath.

God's wrath is death. In the end it is eternal dying and torment in hell, where "the worm dieth not". Unbelievers have it pretty nice right now.

Krispy

2006/3/28 14:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy