SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Opinions wanted?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
The evangelist called the young man "gutless" and then put is hand on the young man's shoulder,turned him around and pushed him down the aisle..."And then he... said to the young man "What are you too gutless?"

Sigh...This is what happens when some men's natural personality is so strong and unbroken that they don't even need the Holy Spirit to preach the Gospel. They just apply what they think they've learned in business or sports to the ministry...

MC

2006/3/30 4:05Profile

Re:

It could easily turn our sighs into laughter, if this hireling would pull that stunt in a real "locker room" .... say of the Pittsburg Stealers or something.

Ha, like the Sceva brothers, running away with his fancy suit slightly wrankled.

Sorry, my natural personality needs breaking. Obviously.

2006/3/30 6:14

Re:

Quote:
Confession of Jesus is just an outward work of saving faith.

Confession is NOT just an outward work, consider this saying,

"Confession is good for the soul"

2006/3/30 8:11
alenska

Re:

"They wont be bold until they receive the Holy Spirit at the moment they are saved. Why would we expect them to be bold before hand?"

This rings so true to me. I once was lost, but now I am Saved. He is a lost sheep looking for his Shepard. It is very sad to think of him being beaten down during that moment in life.

I do have faith that God's Will, will be done here.

"Confession is good for the soul"

This too is true for me. I cannot truely confess with my mouth if I do not feel it with my soul.

Dani

2006/3/30 9:54Profile

Re: Opinions wanted?

murdog,

Is there an end to this unhappy saga?

2006/4/5 9:12
DomSpencer

Hull, East Yorkshire, England

Re:

It strikes me that the "evangelist" involved has elevated himself in his own mind to the position occupied by Jesus Himself: "I am the door". He appears to think it's up to HIM to decide whether this man is saved or not! I think he may have alot to learn about the nature of the Lord, if only he would listen. I hope that in ten years' time he will look back and cringe, and the person he called "gutless" will look back and laugh, in the Presence of the Lord, and be able to use this experience to help others seeking the Lord. The encouraging thing is that "the Lord knows those who are His", and if this man's heart is the Lord's, then this will eventually be manifested in his life.

2006/4/7 7:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy