Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Slain Pastor

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Slain Pastor

Entry from my prayer journal today, March 24, 2006

“in the news: Mother of three minors murders her Church of Christ Pastor/husband. Few details are out but thus far what has spoken to me is the absolute necessity to dwell with our spouses according to knowledge. Of this we can be certain, when both husband and wife are walking in the Spirit, they will seek knowledge in their marriage.”

This weekend my wife and I will be away at a “Weekend to Remember” marriage conference and retreat. I have no idea what to expect, I know nothing of the speakers or Ministry that hosts the conference. My wife has been responsible for all the planning, my hope is there will be scriptural principles presented whereby indeed we can conduct ourselves in the knowledge and wisdom of God.

I am fearful of this, in these last days there will be more reports of spouses “snapping”, everything appears normal to those on the outside yet someone ends up dead.

Malachi 2:14-15
[i]14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. [/i]

[i]15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth[/i]

Pray for this family, the kids, their Church, for ourselves!!

tonys

2006/3/24 15:35Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Slain Pastor

I just heard a small blurb about this so dont have any details. it is a tragedy. I will be praying.

I also went to a Weekend to Remember with my husband a few years ago. It is a Bible based seminar. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.

2006/3/24 15:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Slain Pastor

Hi Tony,

Here is a bit on the pastor;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-5708939,00.html

Quote:
This weekend my wife and I will be away at a “Weekend to Remember” marriage conference and retreat. I have no idea what to expect, I know nothing of the speakers or Ministry that hosts the conference. My wife has been responsible for all the planning, my hope is there will be scriptural principles presented whereby indeed we can conduct ourselves in the knowledge and wisdom of God.

We attended this in the past, believe it was called "I Still Do", a shortened version of the same thing. Take heart that your wife want's to go and is planning all this, that is a blessing in itself. Been awhile now, but it is based on biblical principles.

http://www.familylife.com/conferences/marriage.asp

2006/3/24 16:09Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

weekend to remember was a huge blessing for my wife and I.....you'll love it!!!!

2006/3/24 18:08Profile

Re:

That brings tears to my eyes.

2006/3/24 22:53

Re:

I know what it's like to lose both parents in one day, but not this way. Those poor children.
Please pray for their grandparents to get custody.
The parents of this pastor - who's father is also a minister and an adjunct professor at Church of Christ-affiliated Freed-Hardeman University.

At least the grandchildren could take some of their pain from losing their son.

2006/3/25 2:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy