SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : UGANDA ~ Deliver Us from Kony

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
davidt

Re:

This is a link to the "Invisible Children" documentary about all the children being kidnapped by a cult called the L.R.A. to be made soldiers and slaves in abominable ways.
[url=http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php]click here[/url]

There are also Christian ministries over there.
[url=http://www.farreachingministries.org/]click here[/url]

2007/8/2 3:49Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: UGANDA ~ Deliver Us from Kony

Hi everyone.

I came across a gathering tonight that was about the subject of this thread and in particular the children in Uganda that are being forced into this army. The people that were there inviting the public to attend told me that a US Senator or Congresman was going to be there to speak.

I had forgotten about this for some time and I'm grateful to have been reminded about it.

Without trying to go into details or figure out everything about the group that was holding the event, I wanted to ask for prayer for them:

that God would grant wisdom and favor to them and help them as they try to do a good thing. And that God would guide them.

Maybe they are not looking to God for help. I don't know. But we can.

Deuteronomy 10:17-19

2009/4/27 0:34Profile

Re:

Excellent choice of Scripture passages Brother Chris.

Thank you for bringing this forward. All of Africa is on our hearts.
Will pray for these you've mentioned as well.

LORD have Mercy according to Your Word that this Brother has posted, Amen LORD GOD of Hosts.

2009/4/27 21:25
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Short update:

The gathering that I came across on Sunday is part of a Nation-wide gathering of people in cites across the US and in other parts of the World(I think since saturday). They have been sleeping outside untill they are able to get a reponse from well-known media or political figures.

It appears as though the last city they are waiting in is Chicago and that they are hoping for the President to respond to them.

I heard this portion of Psalm 59 in one of the videos they made about the events:

Deliver me from mine enemies,
O my God: defend me
from them that rise up against me.

Deliver me
from the workers of iniquity,
and save me
from bloody men.

- Psalm 59:1-2(KJV)

2009/4/29 23:08Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

When I read these accounts, I am left speechless.

What can you say?

The scripture that comes to mind mentions 'the depths of satan', Rev 2v24.

God help Uganda.

2009/4/30 4:24Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, [i]is[/i] God in his holy habitation. God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry [i]land[/i]."

- Psalm 68:4-6(KJV)

Came across this passage today and thought of this and wanted to share it with you all here.

2009/5/14 21:16Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

I saw something tonight that reminded me of the children and thought to bring this up again.

Before this I felt I should look for some updates on the situation. From what I've briefly read, it looks as though this man may not be operating in Uganda anymore but in Sudan and the Congo with similar tactics?

Found an update from the UN Security Council? dated 22 June 2009. Link follows:

[url=http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/site/c.glKWLeMTIsG/b.5264597/k.7A4B/Update_Report_No_2brNORTHERN_UGANDA_AND_LRAAFFECTED_AREASbr22_June_2009.htm#recent]Security Council Update?[/url]

Job 16:18-21

Psalm 35:1-3

2009/10/28 21:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy