SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Taking Covid vaccine as a Christian.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tomo07

Australia

Taking Covid vaccine as a Christian.

Hello brothers and sisters, blessings to you all.

Just wanted to share some thoughts about vaccines and see if anyone has advice or knows anything.

I have heard from several reputable sources that some vaccines currently under development and testing have an ingredient derived from blood of aborted fetuses.

This disgusts me, and I would not feel comfortable injecting this into me if true, also in doing this I would be encouraging and supporting abortion.

This is a genuine concern of mine, and I don't know what to do. It's a rabbit warren and starts getting into conspiracy theories if you dig enough, some say it's already used in many commercially produced food products as a "flavor enhancer"
However alot of conspiracy theories are based on some truth..
Well my concerns the vaccines at this point, we live in a fallen, disgusting, ungodly world and nothing surprises me anymore.
I cannot just dismiss this and feel I need to find out more as a Christian rather than just stick my head in the sand or shrugging my shoulders, any thoughts/advice and the like welcomed.

Some of the many articles,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-28/oxford-coronavirus-vaccine-ethical-religious-foetal-cell/12592800

https://bioethics.georgetown.edu/2017/01/is-it-true-that-there-are-vaccines-produced-using-aborted-fetuses/

2020/11/24 4:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Taking Covid vaccine as a Christian.

The article indicates the lines used were from 40 odd years ago. They are not using lines from newly aborted fetuses so one cannot argue that the vaccines will encourage abortion. The same lines are used for other vaccines currently in use.

So one must decide whether the use of these 40-50 year old lines is an issue.

The article said it was a legal abortion (an oxymoron I realize)in Norway. I take this to mean she did not have the abortion for the purpose of assisting in vaccine research. That may or may not make a difference in one’s thinking.

2020/11/24 8:03Profile
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

I will certainly not be taking the vaccine. I mistrust our government and the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

2020/12/4 17:10Profile
savannah

Re: vaccine

I also will be socially distancing myself from anyone administering the vaccine.

2020/12/5 15:57Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

This woman will not be taking the vaccine either.

2020/12/5 16:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I strongly encourage all believers to not take the vacinne. I will post a more indepth article of my opinion why soon on social media and on the forums here. Glad to see this post.

2020/12/5 18:45Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

There are a couple of things that I think about when considering these issues:

1) Although the aborted cells use a line that is quite old, I do not feel I can in good conscience justify the use of a vaccine that is derived from those cells. There are other ways to produce a vaccine without using something that derived from an evil practice.

2) Let’s say this was a flu vaccine: The immunity may last for a very short time. I wouldn’t get a flu vaccine that lasted for less than several years. In fact, I never get the flu vaccine for that very reason: it lasts 1 year only. That being said, Moderna released a figure that estimated the immunity to last for approximately 3 months. It might last longer but maybe not. That level of immunity is the same as getting COVID. Frankly, I don’t think it is worth it.

3) I have actually already had COVID. I lost my sense of smell and it has returned, although not as strong. However, I don’t live my life worrying about what I am going to die from. I trust the Lord. As I continue to prepare to permanently head to the mission field, there will be a lot of diseases that I could get—some of which are relatively unknown or incurable. Perhaps I will get them, or perhaps I won’t. I can’t control those things, so I will trust the Lord that he’ll take care of me. So, if they came out with a vaccine for Ebola, would I get it? Not immediately. I am going to evaluate the risks and benefits. I cannot do that with this vaccine because it is so new.

Anyhow, those are just some of the things I think about. Ultimately, a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am not willing to subjugate myself to anyone or anything that perpetuates and ideology that is based on lies, fear, or control. I feel like all of this falls in that category. I don’t wear a mask, I don’t social distance, and I don’t plan to get the vaccine. Why? Because I don’t believe the foundational principles of those who want to lock me in my home.

2020/12/5 22:03Profile
Sree

Re:

1 Cor 10:25 - Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience,

I quote the above scripture to those who believe in conspiracy theories about how the Vaccines are made. To be fank we cannot get a clear picture of how these vaccines are made. For that matter even how any medicines are made.

I have fellowship with those who do not adminster any vaccine to their children but I do, I do not judge them nor do I expect them to judge me. To me if this vaccine helps me to play my part in eradicating a disease then it is for good. As a Christian we should all do our part to make sure the people around us are healthy. We should do whatever it takes to help erradicate harmful diseases, instead of hearing wrothless consipracy theories.

Mordern day medicines are also given by God to help us stay healthy. They are God-given healing mechanism. I believe it is stupidity to expect God to miraculously heal us when he has already given us medicines. By faith we can take any medicine that is administered by doctors to heal our discease.

Having said this, I will consider the Covid vaccine after seeing the results over a period of time. The fact that these vaccines are produced in such a short time concerns me. Also the fact that COvid 19 is a form of Common Cold virus, tells me that vaccines will not be effective long term.

2020/12/7 11:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Me neither. But then my husband and I both had covid19, and we survived it quite well, thank-you! I suspect having had the covid19 will boost immunity better then any vaccine. In any case I still would not get the vaccine - we don't get the flu shot either.

2020/12/18 13:30Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

1. Every believer has to use their God-given judgment on taking the vaccine. I'm leaning "no".

2. Aborted-baby tissue cells that were used to cultivate vaccines are only used in a very select few vaccine types, but common ones. Varicella, Hep A, Rubella and rabies. There may be a few others.

The new COVID vaccine works entirely differently and -- at least as far as I understand -- doesn't use any of the lines of cultures from those aborted babies By the way, there is no long line of labs using new fetal tissue this way; the existing cell lines are from two aborted babies in the 1960s. It is no less reprehensible that this happened, but do not avoid COVID vaccines for this reason. There are other good reasons to consider avoiding it besides this one.

3. I don't trust the new vaccines for one simple reason: there are almost no vaccines that require multiple dosing over a short period of time that do not virtually guarantee lifelong immunity. This vaccine is rushed, there are too many unanswered questions, and there's no way to know within reason that the benefits substantially outweigh the risks. I certainly don't trust the government to tell us the truth, and never expect a business to speak against their own financial interests.

2020/12/18 13:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy