SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : a reminder to all Christians to vote.. pls read

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

a reminder to all Christians to vote.. pls read

Dear Brothers and sister in JESUS' army.
I am sending a copy of am email i got last night. I am honored to be able to pray with Brother Edgar and also others for revival across USA. This is only one of the prayer meetings God has given me to be a voice.

Pls read this and pray about this.. PLEASE if not for your sake for the sake of the future generations in the USA..
Bless you all
in Jesus name.

Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ:
Below is the sermon on voting for Godly Leaders, as requested, and as a reminder for Nov. 3, 2020. It is estimated that 40 Million Christians in the USA will not vote in the coming election. Perhaps you may want to encourage your Christian friends to vote. Please use any or all of the sermon below.The Lord bless and keep you as you vote and encourage other Christians to vote.
Brother and Rev.Edgar, Psalm 121

Voting for Godly leaders Nov.3,20 in the USA:
( Sermon given on the Monday Revival Prayer call Oct. 19, 20 )
Psalm 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
The people He has chosen as His own inheritance."
It is better to vote for candidates who follow some of God's commands than not to vote at all.
Not voting is voting ---- for those who reject God.
Billy Graham said: "In a world that might say one vote doesn't matter....it does matter because each person is of infinite worth and value to God...Your vote is a declaration of importance as a person and a citizen."
Dr. James Dobson the Founder of Focus on the Family said:
"I think it is a disgrace that half the Christians in America aren't even registered to vote, and those who are, only half go to the polls....When we withhold our influence and participation, we yield by default to those who promote immoral and destructive policies."
"The separation of Church and state does not mean we should not be voting for Godly leaders."
I remember a few years ago we had a vote in Canada essentially between the right and the left. The left was promoting immoral and destructive policies. The left was represented by Mr. Trudeau who today is Canada's Prime Minister. He has greatly supported the LGBT and other ungodly practices, and laws that go against the laws of God. There are pictures that show him in gay pride parades supporting evil. You cannot work for him or his Liberal Party if you do not sign a statement supporting gay rights which includes an ungodly lifestyle. He denied Government support funds for summer students that would not sign support for LGBT.
Prior to the elections I believe the Lord had reminded me to remind Christians in Canada to vote for righteous leaders, to vote for those that would support the principles and laws of God as closely as possible. One or more complained in the Church stating that there is separation of Church and State and that I was in the wrong speaking about the election. They said not to mention this in this Church as there was a separation between Church and State. The Pastor agreed and reprimanded me.
The Christian vote was largely absent and the Lord gave us in Canada what we voted for. The same happened in Germany where after the second World War the German Christians publicly stated in a Stuttgart confession of guilt:( This is only a part.) "Through us infinite wrong was brought over many peoples and countries. We accuse ourselves for not standing to our beliefs more courageously, for not praying more faithfully, for not believing more joyously, and for not loving more ardently."
Today we have the results in Canada of what we did or what we did not do. We have Christianity in Canada under great attack. A Pastor is in court in Toronto for passing out Gospel tracts to the LGBT community. A friend of mine is being sued because he would not give service to an LGBT Function in a Church that has adapted LGBT values.
I am reminded of the story of Nehemiah who was called by the Lord to rebuild the city of Jerusalem. The walls were broken. There was demonic opposition through secular leaders who heard about Nehemiah who wanted to help the children of Israel and rebuild the wall of Jerusalem:
Nehemiah 2:10 speaks about opposition. The verse says:
"When Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite official heard of it, they were deeply disturbed that a man had come to seek the well-being of the children of Israel."
In those days unbelievers opposed the rebuilding of the city of God. In America unbelievers oppose America to return to the principles of God.
Nehemiah 2:19
"But when Sanballat the Horonite, Tobiah the Ammonite official, and Geshem the Arab heard of it, they laughed at us and despised us, and said, “What is this thing that you are doing? Will you rebel against the king?”

Then there were plots to destroy and to confuse the people of God. In America there are plots to confuse the Christians and not have them vote.
During the time of Nehemiah we read what happened in Nehemiah 4 :
"1 But it so happened, when Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, that he was furious and very indignant, and mocked the Jews. 2 And he spoke before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, “What are these feeble Jews doing? Will they fortify themselves? Will they offer sacrifices? Will they complete it in a day? Will they revive the stones from the heaps of rubbish—stones that are burned?”
3 Now Tobiah the Ammonite was beside him, and he said, “Whatever they build, if even a fox goes up on it, he will break down their stone wall.”
But Nehemiah and his people prayed:
Nehemiah 4 " 4 Hear, O our God, for we are despised; turn their reproach on their own heads, and give them as plunder to a land of captivity! 5 Do not cover their iniquity, and do not let their sin be blotted out from before You; for they have provoked You to anger before the builders.
Nehemiah 4 6 So we built the wall, and the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work.
7 Now it happened, when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites heard that the walls of Jerusalem were being restored and the gaps were beginning to be closed, that they became very angry, "
Godly people are trying to rebuild America. President Trump makes mistakes but what he is promising and what he has done in many areas is to try and follow the principles of God. And so enemies of God are incensed. They are scheming and they are conspiring. They are trying confusion and they are threatening those who want to do right. The same happened in Nehemiah's days:
Nehemiah 4 " 8 and all of them conspired together to come and attack Jerusalem and create confusion. 9 Nevertheless we made our prayer to our God, and because of them we set a watch against them day and night.
10 Then Judah said, “The strength of the laborers is failing, and there is so much rubbish that we are not able to build the wall.”11 And our adversaries said, “They will neither know nor see anything, till we come into their midst and kill them and cause the work to cease.”12 So it was, when the Jews who dwelt near them came, that they told us ten times, “From whatever place you turn, they will be upon us.”
Nehemiah spoke with God in prayer and received direction from the Lord. You can do the same. Ask the Lord what you should do.
Nehemiah received guidance from the Lord:
Nehemiah 4: " 13 Therefore I positioned men behind the lower parts of the wall, at the openings; and I set the people according to their families, with their swords, their spears, and their bows. 14 And I looked, and arose and said to the nobles, to the leaders, and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses.”
15 And it happened, when our enemies heard that it was known to us, and that God had brought their plot to nothing, that all of us returned to the wall, everyone to his work."
The key part was that the believing Israelites were willing to do their part and in fact did it. Then God did His part and protected them.

What about Americans who are Christians? Will they do their part? Will they do something? Will they at least vote?
It was reported that there are at least 40 Million Christians who may not be voting. They should vote.

"The 2020 Election is November 3, 2020, and it's important to be informed on where candidates stand on fundamental issues like life, family, and religious liberty. The Family Research Council has produced a presidential voter guide comparing the Presidential Candidates . Donald Trump's positions are compared with those of the Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Here are 15 major areas for comparison by the Presidential candidates given in the following link:
https://downloads.frcaction.org/EF/EF20I23.pdf:

"Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Answers the Question 'Why Trump?'
In 2020 it is easy for me to answer the question, 'Why Trump?", said King. "Over the last four years, I have had a front row seat watching President Trump fight for religious liberties not only here in America, but around the globe. I have watched him champion the rights of the unborn. I have watched him advance opportunities in black America. Trump is my President. I've got my vote, and my prayers. Both are in favor of President Trump and his 'promises made and promises kept."

"Dr. Dobson sent an Open Letter To Christians Regarding The Election". I will repeat it here:

Dear Friends,

This will be my final letter to 800,000 people before Americans cast our ballots on November 3rd. It is a breathtaking moment in the history of the United States. Perhaps I will be permitted to repeat a brief comment I made in my August letter because of its relevance to today. Many political commentators have stated that this election is the most significant since 1864, when Abraham Lincoln vied for a second term against Democratic nominee, George McClellan. The future of our beloved nation hung in the balance that year. If Lincoln had lost, the Civil War would have ended precipitously and the wretched evils of slavery would have remained legal in the Confederate States, and perhaps even in the North. Had Lincoln been defeated, the Union would have been torn asunder. Thank God Mr. Lincoln won, even though it cost him his life!

Now we are approaching another presidential election that carries enormous implications for the stability of our democratic system of government. Indeed, Newt Gingrich said that what we are facing now might bring an end to civilization as we have known it. He may have been referring to a possible revolution. Regardless, I believe his grave concern for our nation is valid. For centuries, America has stood as a shining light for liberty and freedom in our nation and around the globe. If we abandon our founding core values, the world will suffer for it. The binary choice before us is that stark.

How will Americans, and how will you, decide who to vote for as our Chief Executive Officer? I have heard from dozens of friends and acquaintances in recent weeks who tell me they will base their decision solely on a candidate's rhetoric, tone, style, or likeability. Does that describe your thinking process?

Just now, as I was about to react to that idea, my wife, Shirley, brought in an email that she had received a few minutes before from a friend. It quoted an anonymous statement that gets to the heart of the issue, as follows:

"This is not a junior high or high school popularity/personality contest. I'm not voting for the person—I'm voting for the platform!

I'm voting for the Second Amendment. I'm voting for the next Supreme Court justice. I'm voting for the electoral college. I'm voting for the Republic in which we live. I'm voting for the police and law and order. I'm voting for the military and the veterans who fought and died for this country. I'm voting for the flag that is often missing from public events. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored for it. I'm voting for secure borders. I'm voting for the right to praise God without fear. I'm voting for every unborn soul that is at risk of being aborted. I'm voting for freedom and the American dream. I'm voting for good and against evil. I'm not just voting for one person.

I'm voting for the future of my country!"

I couldn't have said it better, although I want to add to the writer's list. I'm also voting for candidates who will exercise sound leadership internationally. I'm voting for those who will support Israel. I'm voting for those who will protect children from leftist curricula. I'm voting for the nation's fiscal integrity. I'm voting for parental rights. I'm voting for school choice and home education. I'm voting for freedom in the suburbs. I'm voting for Little Sisters of the Poor and other Christian organizations. I'm voting for racial unity. I am voting to support "In God we trust" and school prayer. I'm voting for freedom of conscience for physicians and other professionals. I am voting for marriage. I am voting for life in all its dimensions. I am voting against euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide. I'm voting for wisdom in handling the pandemic. I am voting for protection for the Church from oppressive politicians.

One final thought: With all respect, this election isn't about you. It certainly isn't about me. It is about our kids and grandkids. It is about those who are yet to come, if they are allowed to live. This vote has awesome implications for future generations and the nation we love. It is about our Constitution and the immutable, God-given rights it protects. It is about values, and truth, and greatness, and hope. That is why the notion of choosing a president based on frivolous personality characteristics is so unfortunate.

In summary, this election is for all the marbles . . . the Presidency, the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the Supreme Court. Together, they set the agenda for this country.

If you love America and don't want it to be "fundamentally transformed," it is time to do three things:
1. Pray like never before that God will spare this great nation from tyranny and oppression of religious liberty.
2. Volunteer to help your candidates.
3. Vote for the candidates who will best uphold your values and convictions.
Also, consider forwarding this letter to your friends, family, and others whom you might influence.

May God bless America!
Signature
( This letter may be reproduced without change and in its entirety for non-commercial and non-political purposes without prior permission from Family Talk. Copyright, 2020 Family Talk. All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. Printed in the U.S. Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk is not affiliated with Focus on the Family.)

Many are saying about this Election, that this is a Life or Death election for the United States as Dr. Dobson did. They say that this is the most important election since Abraham Lincoln brought America out of slavery. Abraham Lincoln gave his life for it. What about Christians in America:

It is absolutely essential that all Christians in America vote for candidates that have at least some Biblical Values. They may not be perfect. They may only have a few Godly principles but are better than the candidates that have no Biblical values. Give yourself a chance to rebuild America. That can only be achieved through the principles of God and not men.

I encourage you to think and pray about what you can do. Will you vote yourself? Will you encourage your Christian friends to vote? There are 40 million Christians who will not vote unless fellow believers urge them to do so. They will throw away their opportunity to seek God's will and the welfare of their cities, states, and their country .

It is about the agenda of The Lamb. It's not about the agenda of humans. It's up to Christians to protect and advance a Biblical worldview.

As members of the body of Christ it's time for all of us to pray fervently for our North American Countries and especially America at this time-point. Let us think Biblically about the issues, and do everything within our power to vote and to help other Christians vote. Regardless of whether candidates are perfect, vote for those who at least have part of a Christian viewpoint.
How will you help to rebuild the broken walls of America. During Nehemiah's time God believing citizens did something. Won't you do your part in America?

1 John 5:14 says, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."
God expects us to participate and do something.

We need God welcomed again in America , prayer honored in American schools, and the Ten Commandments revered in American courtrooms. America needs unity, respect, civility, and, most of all, biblical values. It is America's foundation of faith that has made America strong. We must begin as in days of old by falling to our knees in prayer for our North American Nations and especially for the USA at this time.

Let us pray over five statements :
1. Pray like never before that God will spare the great nation of America from tyranny and oppression of religious liberty.
2. Pray for Volunteers to help candidates who display some Godly values.
3. Vote yourself for the candidates who will best uphold at least some Godly values and convictions.
4. Reach out and encourage the 40 Million of Christians who might not vote regardless of their discouragement, uncertainties and fears.
5. Pray for Revival in America.
Let us pray:

2020/10/20 13:50Profile

Re: a reminder to all Christians to vote.. pls read

Will my vote change this? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54627625

There are 51 million souls in America who will be influenced by this.

2020/10/21 15:31
passerby

Re:

Esther 4:13-16

13 he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. 14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”

I do not mean damnation to those who will not vote, but there are times in our life where we have to do something. This is a very perilous time, things that you hold dear can disappear like a vapor.

The Lord may decide to harden people's (nation's) heart to their doom, but we out of burden in our hearts may stood in between for our families, friends, or nation.

2020/10/21 20:52Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi MayInBoston,

Quote:

Will my vote change this? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54627625

There are 51 million souls in America who will be influenced by this.

Your vote might not change this; however, I would attest that people who did NOT vote in 2008 caused it. Even here on SermonIndex, there were believers proclaiming how "worldly" it would be for Christians to vote in 2008.

On the other hand, President Trump was elected in 2016 because Christians voted. As a consequence, he has nominated three judges who believe in the First Amendment's "free exercise" clause. This would prohibit the government from infringing in the right of people to exercise their religious faith.

In fact, one of those new justices sat on the Court to decide whether or not a Christian baker in Colorado should be forced to violate his faith in order to decorate a cake for a homosexual "marriage." After years of cases and appeals, the Supreme Court decided in favor on this Christian baker in 2018.

There are obviously spiritual truths that cannot be legislated into the hearts of people. However, morality/immorality, righteousness/unrighteousness and justice/injustice exist in this world.

Some of the same people (certain politicians in particular) who often suggest that Christians should NOT share their voice (through their vote) are the same ones who have no problem with those who vote for people who push legislation that is decidedly immoral, unrighteous and unjust.

My wife and I have been reading through the book of Acts lately. It is amazing how Paul the apostle wasn't afraid to stake his Roman citizenship. He even forced a set of Roman magistrates to walk him out of a prison after he was unlawfully -- under Roman law -- detained (Acts 16:35-40).

Last week, I was reading an article about a small community in Ireland. During the 1950s, persecution broke out in the town of Fethard-on-Sea against non-Catholics because a protestant woman (married to a Catholic man) didn't want to send her children to the local Catholic school. She fled town with them.

During that time, the local Catholic priest incited the people to boycott the businesses of protestants (a minority in the town). A list was made with the names of protestant people (and their businesses). Not only would they not buy items in those businesses, they stopped selling to those people too.

I mentioned to my wife how quickly this escalated. It was almost as if the Catholics in that community were treating the protestants the same way that Nazis treated Jews during the 1930s and 1940s. It also reminded me of the statement in Revelation 13 about how no one could buy or sell unless they had the mark of the beast.

I'm not comparing Joe Biden to Hitler. However, there is a segment in liberal politics today that viciously HATES our faith in Christ and the morality that is derived from it. They actively WANT Christians to stay home and not vote.

Some worldly "ministers" (including this current pope) often try to placate the godless subculture of this world. They are mixing profane worldliness and immorality with a pseudo-religious message of a faux "love" that they call "acceptance."

In 2008, many Christians did stay home. Despite the warnings that some of us gave here on SermonIndex, some of those individuals boasted of their decision. Things like gay marriage and taxpayer-funded abortion snuck into a universal healthcare bill were dismissed prior to the election. Now, it's the law of the land.

Once during 2008, I had debated (here on SermonIndex forums) with a few believers about these things and the importance to share our voices through our votes. The same people who are saying to stay home were also defending things like "universal healthcare" as almost a biblical mandate.

That night, I actually had a terrible dream in which I saw the White House lit up at night with a rainbow lights. It was weird -- but very scary. Other than my wife (we were newlyweds), I never told anyone else. Then, in 2015, gay marriage became the law of the land. President Obama celebrated this by lighting the White House up in lights.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politics/white-house-rainbow-marriage/index.html

Given the state of the polls, it would literally take a miracle for President Trump to win. He is down in every major poll -- many by double digits. The mass media -- including Hollywood, Big Media and Big Tech -- is doing everything in its power to create a bad caricature of President Trump. Going by polls, it seems to be working.

Just yesterday, many outlets simultaneously covered the endorsement of Biden by Billy Graham's granddaughter. Of course, those same media outlets didn't mention that she is estranged from the family and her brand of "christianity" endorses abortion, homosexuality, transgenders in the restrooms and sex education to little children.

In 2016, President Trump won some states by just tens of thousands of votes. He also lost fives other states (i.e., Maine, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Nevada and Colorado) by the same (even losing New Hampshire by just over 2,700 votes).

Thus, every vote counts. We are the polar opposites of the extremely radical liberals that hate Biblical morality, righteousness and justice. A non-vote is an acceptance of their goals. The philosophies of those deeply blue states would become the requirements in the classroom around this country. In California, students are required to celebrate LGBTQxyz activist Harvey Milk while they are simultaneously forbidden to hear about Jesus.

A long-time election strategy of Democrats is interesting. They realize that conservatives and conservative Christians will not vote for liberal Democrats. So, the goal shifted. Now, they only try to convince you to either vote for a third party candidate -- or to simply not vote at all. Either choice is a win for them.

This "do nothing" (when it comes to having a voice in this country) is applauded by some. However, that "do nothing" attitude is also what brought about the various regimes in history that have done the most damage.

Philosopher John Stuart Mill once stated, "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." This is what some bad people are hoping right now. They want nothing more than for Christians to stay home and do nothing.

2020/10/24 0:41Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: a reminder to all Christians to vote.. pls read

I do not mean damnation to those who will not vote, but there are times in our life where we have to do something. This is a very perilous time, things that you hold dear can disappear like a vapor

If u are in the USA.. There are two candidates..one for pro life, pro church and Pro Israel.. T

the other is the opposite.
I pray all will vote biblically not politically...

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.. Edmund Burke...

Be Blessed
Sister
Frannie

2020/10/25 20:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy