SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : I need Counseling

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
gentle

I need Counseling

I started attending a Ministry about 4 years now and i happen to be the youth president, and also handling the administrative part of the church, our church is a prophetic church and our pastor wants me to be a pastor but i don't speak in tongues, i don't prophesier but i teach the word of God perfectly and handle good judgments, i know i am a minister of God based on my revelations and messages from series of prophets.
i need counseling i don't know how to start i need the Grace of God and directions. What do i do?

2020/8/12 7:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: I need Counseling

brother,

It is a good desire to share the words of God. Also it is good that we seek to be a servant in the Church of God. We must test our motives if there is any desire for pre-emience or reconition for ourselves intead of making it all about the Lord.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Spend time asking God and submitting your desires to Him.

Psalm 37:5
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

To build a seriousness for the call to ministry, I recommend you study and read the letters of 1 timothy and 2 timothy many times. Leonard Ravenhill recommended to read it 100 times I believe. Saturuate yourself in them, mark the verses, circle words, study those 2 books and with that study, pray and ask God to make you a fruitful minister of the Lord and to open doors if it is His will.

2020/8/12 8:09Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: I need Counseling

Quote:
I started attending a Ministry about 4 years now and i happen to be the youth president, and also handling the administrative part of the church, our church is a prophetic church and our pastor wants me to be a pastor but i don't speak in tongues, i don't prophesier but i teach the word of God perfectly and handle good judgments, i know i am a minister of God based on my revelations and messages from series of prophets.

i need counseling i don't know how to start i need the Grace of God and directions. What do i do?

Bro or Sis, do not allow satan to lie to you and convince you that because you don't speak in tongues, you cannot be a pastor. There have been many pastors of old and current that are wonderful and do not speak in tongues.

That being said, you should know and accept that no one handles the word of God perfectly. Somewhere, somehow in our presentation of His word, our "word" enters, our biases towards men, women, doctrine, politics, religion, the prophetic vs non-prophetic and my friend, that makes it not perfect. I would start there.

God bless you in your walk with Him!
Lisa

2020/8/12 12:43Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

I would pray and seek the counsel of others. There is safety in a multitude of witnesses. prov 24:6 “For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counselors there is safety.”
As for tongues there are many spiritual gifts i cor 12, 13,14. Paul penned this Chapter as many.. Notice that 1 cor 13 is in the middle of the others which talk about spiritual gifts.
LOVE is the greatest gift.
I believe if you are truly Called to be a Pastor you and others will know it.. Many are called but few are chosen.In Matthew 22:14 Jesus tells us that “many are called, but few are chosen.”
I pray you will know if u are chosen.. Today we need Pastors that are chosen. If so all will flow and there will be much fruit.. We are known by our fruit not our gifts...
I pray you wait and see the counsel of others and the greatest gift is LOVE.
In JESUS
Sister Frannie

2020/9/22 21:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy