SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : A new day.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sunwind

A new day.

I just joined this forum. I just want to say the past month or so has been amazing. Yes we are in lockdown mode because of the virus and I personally have been in quarantine since mid or late march. It is getting old but God has used it to separate me from many of my idols. More importantly He has shown me the biggest idol of all was myself and my unbelief. I am almost 65 years old and I have tried to walk with God before in my life but failed miserably. The last time I even tried the Roman Catholic Church. Before that it was Baptist and charismatic. I walked away from it all 16 years ago and basically said, I am done with it. I do believe I was saved years ago but my life did not prove it. During this lockdown I was stripped of almost everything I enjoyed, such as sports and going out for a good meal or even just going about as I saw fit. That, along with the fear and dread that the thought of death brought made me begin to reluctantly look into the things of God again. Slowly I began to read the Bible and listen to Christian teaching on youtube. I came to the point one night when I began going over my sinful lifestyle and unbelief towards God. I had never been truly assured about my salvation in all the years I was a so-called Christian. And even now my life was in one big knot. Was I saved? Was I lost? Was I saved but backslidden? I did not know nor did I see any way to find out for sure. I just began to pour over my sins to God and all the lost, wasted years and could see no way clear. I am 65 and my life has been a waste. Surely God would have no use for me now. But then as I was going over all this a light shown out of the darkness. Its hard to explain, but it was as if God showed me the 16 years I had wasted was for him less than a second as He is timeless. If it had been a human I had offended for 16 years then yes, too much water would have gone under the bridge. But with God it was as though no time had passed. And I felt confident to come to him, even run to him and and throw the burden of my sins to him. And then I saw the true reason of the cross. Jesus had died for my sins, and I saw it like I had never seen it before. Like the eyes of my heart was opened and I became a true believer. Not in myself or my efforts but in the work he had done. My sins and my life, both bad and "good" was nailed to the cross. All of this I had believed before when I tried to live for God but this time I really SAW it. So that is my story. I am retired and have a lot of time to immerse myself in the Word of God and good teaching. That is how I found this sight. I hope to find a church soon if this lockdown ever ends. I haven't been to church in 16 years and now I want to go. Truly it has become a new day!

2020/5/15 13:53Profile

Re: A new day.

Such an edifying post and testimony, brother David!

Praise the Lord! That’s some truly good news!

Thank you for sharing!

2020/5/15 14:27
sunwind

Re:

Thank you Caleb for the post. I am glad there are people here who understand!

2020/5/15 15:32Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

A new day indeed, wonderful!

I believe there are many such testimonies in these days, God is doing something through all of this that boggles the mind.
The lost are being found, the backsliders returning home, the lukewarm catching fire, don't let this season pass you by.

In Christ,

2020/5/15 19:28Profile
sunwind

Re:

Amen! Thank you, Ron.

2020/5/15 23:38Profile
cup

David wrote

"Jesus had died for my sins, and I saw it like I had never seen it before. Like the eyes of my heart was opened and I became a true believer. Not in myself or my efforts but in the work he had done. My sins and my life, both bad and "good" was nailed to the cross. All of this I had believed before when I tried to live for God but this time I really SAW it. So that is my story. I am retired and have a lot of time to immerse myself in the Word of God and good teaching."

It is so important to know that "My sins and my life, both bad and "good" was nailed to the cross."

Yes even the "GOOD" because it came from the wrong tree

2020/5/16 6:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy