SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God Speak?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
God does not give new, extra-Biblical revelation and He does not contradict His Word... but He does speak to us today thru the Holy Spirit. But most believers today dont hear from God because they are too busy watching TV, working, etc etc and not spending any real quality time reading the Word and praying.
Krispy

I just read the biography of a Korean Christian named Esther Ahn Kim. She was persecuted in Korea by the Japanese before and during WW2. She refused to bow before the Japanese Idols and was eventually thrown in prison for several years. Before she went to prison, she and another Christian went to Japan to warn them that if they did not turn from Idolatry, God was going to send fire from Heaven on them. They believe God gave them the message for the Japanese. Then 6 years later, when they refused to turn from idols, the US dropped several bombs on Japan. They believe this was the fulfillment of that warning of Judgement.

Do you think that she heard from God?

2006/3/22 9:34Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks, Diane.

I appreciate your sharing with me.

2006/3/22 9:36Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

Healingwaters wrote:
If He did it than, than He can do it again. Can I hear an Amen?

AMEN! Thank you for your input.

2006/3/22 9:38Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks, Jimp

I completely agree with you.

2006/3/22 9:39Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks, Bro. Rahman

I completely agree with you and you have a Blessed day as well!

2006/3/22 9:40Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Jordan wrote:

Quote:
The Holy Spirit has been poured out forth, it was not before thus God did speak audibly. Now he speaks audibly through the Holy Spirit. We don't "need" him to speak audibly to us. It can be something that happens, but it doesn't have to. IMO, he wants to test us to see if we'll stay faithful without some 'fanciful' miracle like that.

Jer. 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Jer. 1:6 Then said I:
“Ah, Lord GOD!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”

Jer. 1:7 But the LORD said to me:
“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8 Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.

Jer. 1:9 Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me:
“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant.”

By what means did God use to speak to Jeremiah? Did anyone else hear God speaking to Jeremiah?

Acts 2:17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.

These are not miracles this is how one finds faith that has it source as God.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/3/22 15:05Profile

Re:

Someone said that God only speaks thru the holy Spirit within them. Than I have read from Diane's post that God is speaking thru dreams to Muslims(which is awesome) These Muslims don't have the holy Spirit, so how are they hearing the holy Spirit speaking?

Isn't this just another form of limiting God?

I believe it was Zac Poonen who asked God if He was real to reveal Himself to him. Zac at this time didn't have the holy Spirit, but God revealed Himself to him. So how could the holy Spirit speak to him when it wasn't in him?

All I see in this kind of reasoning is more limitations. If I am being critical than so be it. Judge ye.

2006/3/22 16:36
MSeaman

Michigan

I agree.

Quote:

Healingwaters wrote:
Someone said that God only speaks thru the holy Spirit within them. Than I have read from Diane's post that God is speaking thru dreams to Muslims(which is awesome) These Muslims don't have the holy Spirit, so how are they hearing the holy Spirit speaking?

Isn't this just another form of limiting God?

I believe it was Zac Poonen who asked God if He was real to reveal Himself to him. Zac at this time didn't have the holy Spirit, but God revealed Himself to him. So how could the holy Spirit speak to him when it wasn't in him?

All I see in this kind of reasoning is more limitations. If I am being critical than so be it. Judge ye.

If God only speaks through His Holy Spirit in us, how does anyone ever get saved? He draws us first. I met a missionary once, who gave his testimony. His wife was saved, he was not. He was in a car accident and he heard God speak to him audibly, it saved his life and he became a believer. He at the time didn't have the Holy Spirit, but his wife was praying for him.

Abraham didn't have the Holy Spirit, God spoke to him though. I believe that God is able to speak however He decides is necessary.

2006/3/22 16:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
He wants to test us to see if we'll stay faithful without some 'fanciful' miracle like that.

God does not speak this way everyday, so being faithful has nothing to do with it.

Being faithful is all a part of staying in grace and not going back and trying to live under what Christ nailed to His cross. Trust me, I know what you are saying, am just extending the thought.

It would be nice to have some perks along the way to strenghten one's faith, if one is priveliged to see a miracle, a healing, or to hear God's voice audibly, but those are rare (I say this shamefully because it not ought to be). We are a wordy people who claim the fruit, but fail desperately when it comes to the gifts and the demonstration of the power of God.

Because we don't see it happen doesn't make it non existant, it means that something is wrong. The Corinthian Church boasted of all these things. Yes they were disorderly in thier conduct, but they were still the children of God.

Judge ye

2006/3/22 17:04

Re: I agree.

Quote:
Abraham didn't have the Holy Spirit, God spoke to him though. I believe that God is able to speak however He decides is necessary.

Finally, a word of knowledge, Praise the LORD! :-)

2006/3/22 17:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy