SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
If such is the case, then it actually exists, but we simply do not posses that copy.

In view of this reality, the original question would need to receive a "no" answer, since it is a close-ended question and leaves no space for deeper consideration.

Perhaps the question is better asked, "Can we trust the Bible?" Even that question has limitatins.... think some more.... "Can we trust the author of Scripture to REVEAL the truths to us - AS WE NEED THEM.

And if we don't believe that, then we don't understand the New Covenant (see Jeremiah 31 )
Diane

2006/3/20 13:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
What version did the Pharisees study so very diligently? Was it not the originals?

Actually, the Pharisees did not have the originals. Take for instance the Ten Commandments. Only God and Moses saw the originals. Then Moses destroyed the originals when he saw the nation worshipping the golden calf. Then what did God do? He made a copy of the original and that is what Moses delivered to Israel.

Which was more true? The original or the copy? Or were they both just as true?

Krispy

2006/3/20 13:43

Re:

So then God has been incapable of preserving His word. The creator of the universe could not preserve His word from error, is that what we're concluding?

Krispy

2006/3/20 13:46

Re:

Quote:
This does not mean we cannot say however, that the Scriptures are the final authority.

But to question any of it brings it all into question... and then we must conclude we do not have a final authority.

We've already said here that the inerrant Word of God no longer exists. So we must conclude that what we call "the Word of God" is not inerrant and not infallible... and can not be the Final Authority. Only that which no longer exists is the Final Authority.

Krispy

2006/3/20 13:50

Re:

Krispy,

Noone has ever been able to find a mistake in the KJV. I know it's not the popular view, and at the risk of being labeled a fanatic, extremist, and..... what was the other thing..........Oh yeah uneducated bumpkin, I must unapologeticly submit to you, that the KJV is the Word of God. :-D

2006/3/20 14:14

Re:

Quote:
I must unapologeticly submit to you

I hope you mean "submit" as in "I submitted my report to the teacher"... and not actually submitting to me!! LOL

Krispy

2006/3/20 14:21
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Here we go AGAIN!

The one thing that has been constant throughout time has been Satan's attack on the Word of God.
My only input on this thread is that [size=medium][color=0033FF]ANYONE[/color][/size] who chooses to question the validity of the KJV as the Word of God is a FOOL, and will stand in judgment in the end of days.

Greg

2006/3/20 14:30Profile
roadsign

Re: the final authority

Quote:
I must unapologeticly submit to you, that the KJV is the Word of God

A pastor taught us many years ago: If it was good enough for the Apostle Paul, it's good enough for me.

Diane

PS: All aside, Who can question the countless lives that were marvelously transformed through the KJV................ and the NASB and the Good News for Modern Man, and the Manderin translation and.... and.... ?

2006/3/20 14:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
My only input on this thread is that ANYONE who chooses to question the validity of the KJV as the Word of God is a FOOL, and will stand in judgment in the end of days.

And thats the type of talk that puts people off, sets people against thoughtful discussion, and makes those of us who hold to the KJV look bad.

Krispy

2006/3/20 14:53

Re:

Quote:
If it was good enough for the Apostle Paul, it's good enough for me.

No one says that about the KJV except people who say that KJV people say that. I know of NO KJV people who say that or think that, it's an expression used to poke fun at a group of believers by other believers.

Krispy

2006/3/20 14:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy