SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chinese believers face torture and possible death sentence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Chris
The Lord had you bring up another crucial thing, compassion. it's one thing to be aware of suffering but another to respond as God would have us respond.

i touch and agree with you bro. Lord enlarge our hearts.AMEN.

2006/3/21 22:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:
bro Brentw
Quote:
IRONMAN....I'm with you...the fact is we dont want to suffer! We will spend 1-18 hours a week or more typing on the forum debating, but have we spent 1-18 hours in the streets for Jesus??? OR have we spent 1-18 hours interceeding for the lost?? We wont suffer behind a computer. We will excercise 4-7 hours a week. We watch tv 1-20 hours a week. Please dont come back and post a justification for the hours mentioned. The question is HOW BADLY TO WE WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS!!!?

indeed how badly do we want to be like Him? the time is indeed fast-coming when we'll have to walk the walk and put it all on the line.

may our courage not be found lacking.AMEN.

I agree. With our Supreme court predominantly Roman Catholic, and the new pope breathing out threatenings, the word INQUISITION comes to mind. Since all the laws of the inquisition are still in place and ready to be implamented once again, it will not be long before the ecumenical movement is embrassed by all denominations and a truly catholic(universal) church is established in the REVIVED ROMAN EMPIRE. Have you seen the new paper money lately? Looks alot like the EURO. After the economy of the United States finally colapses because of the debt that our great, great, great, great, granchildren will still be paying finally takes a tole and can no longer be HID by our leaders, we will be forced to join the EUROPEAN UNION so our people will not starve to death because all our farmers have quit farming and we now import more food than we export.
We have sold our selves out for the almighty dollar and we will soon reap the consequences. We will be under the rule of a system that is rapidly gaining strength. Anyone notice all the countrys in the European Union lately? Anyone notice the ones that were pending? It's all about to happen. JUST LIKE THE BIBLE TELLS US. I pray that Gods will be done. Do I want to see my country fall? NO. Do I want to try and stop it? YES!! I love my country and have served my country and would die for my country and for Jesus. But to say that I would stand by and just let someone come in and put me in that kind of bondage is CRAZY. I will use all measures to protect my family and myself. Once a soldier always a soldier.
Don't sit there all self righteous and tell me you would'nt do the same thing. If you would'nt protect your family your not much of a man. You definately don't bleed red white and blue.

2006/3/21 23:12
IRONMAN

maybe i'm jus weird...

bro J bird

Quote:
I agree. With our Supreme court predominantly Roman Catholic, and the new pope breathing out threatenings, the word INQUISITION comes to mind. Since all the laws of the inquisition are still in place and ready to be implamented once again, it will not be long before the ecumenical movement is embrassed by all denominations and a truly catholic(universal) church is established in the REVIVED ROMAN EMPIRE. Have you seen the new paper money lately? Looks alot like the EURO. After the economy of the United States finally colapses because of the debt that our great, great, great, great, granchildren will still be paying finally takes a tole and can no longer be HID by our leaders, we will be forced to join the EUROPEAN UNION so our people will not starve to death because all our farmers have quit farming and we now import more food than we export.
We have sold our selves out for the almighty dollar and we will soon reap the consequences. We will be under the rule of a system that is rapidly gaining strength. Anyone notice all the countrys in the European Union lately? Anyone notice the ones that were pending? It's all about to happen. JUST LIKE THE BIBLE TELLS US. I pray that Gods will be done. Do I want to see my country fall? NO. Do I want to try and stop it? YES!! I love my country and have served my country and would die for my country and for Jesus. But to say that I would stand by and just let someone come in and put me in that kind of bondage is CRAZY. I will use all measures to protect my family and myself. Once a soldier always a soldier.
Don't sit there all self righteous and tell me you would'nt do the same thing. If you would'nt protect your family your not much of a man. You definately don't bleed red white and blue.

well that economic fall is coming fast and it will affect our government and military leaving it in tatters. we won't be able to lean on those institutions any more but will have to lean solely on Christ. i understand how you feel about not wanting this country to fall and with you having been a soldier the desire to defend it with your life even. i wanted to serve in the navy once as a naval aviator. The Lord had other plans. i've pledged my allegiance to heaven so my concern is God's will being done in me and through me. if someone did come here to occupy this country unless the Lord leads me to go out and fight, i'm not going. if He does i'll be right there with you. also bro J-Bird we should remember that should anyone come here with the intent to put us in bondage, if the Lord has purposed it to be so, there ain't no stopping that train so we should be sure of what the Lord requires and do that, no more nor less.

as far as defending my family, i'm sure the Lord will probably let me do that and will empower me to do so as He would have me do. there was an occassion in which this young kid almost ran my daughter and i over, my immediate instinct was to give him a licking. i'm not a violent man but the last time i felt like that and let loose, had it not been for the Lord's hands i'd be in prison or executed for what could have been. while i was in the process of going in His direction the Lord convicted me and told me to leave Him alone and let Him deal with it so i did. he did mock me some but the Lord told me "don't you do that..."

i think of the scripture in which Christ tells us to turn the other cheek, then i think of how it was for Him being mocked and scourged. God in the flesh mocked and tortured and killed by His own creation and yet instead of rising up in anger He said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." if anyone had a right to defend Himself, it was Christ...yet He didn't. The world would have us believe that we have the right to, but what would God have us do? i guess that's the bottom line, what would God have us do.

bro J-Bird, if it makes me less of a man in your book then i'll be that, if i don't bleed red white and blue that's cool too but i feel the Lord leading me to a place wherein i trust Him to defend me should i need it and let me be afflicted by whatever means for His name's sake.better to be the only one obedient to the Lord than be with the rest in disobedience.

we're a fiercly independant people here and i understand where you're coming from. this is not an accusation against you but a testimony of where i feel the Lord leading me and the result of His dealings with me thus far. it seems the Lord is dealing with you differently, i'm just sharing where He has me at.

love yu bro

Lord show us to be obedient to you in all things.AMEN.

2006/3/22 0:35Profile

Re: Jesus Freaks.

Please just click on this and watch the Ticker in the center of the page for a while.

www.persecution.com

My husband knows better than to hurt anyone for my sake. I told him he is no 'man' of God, if he hurts anyone for me.

I'm in God's Hand and no one can put a finger on me unless HE will it.
We have no weapons but His Word in our house.

To die is gain.

The only Blood we know is The Lamb's.

And our single sisters who live alone are even braver for Jesus.

:-)

2006/3/22 1:10

Re: maybe i'm jus weird...

To deny that fighting for ones freedom is a christian thing to do, is to deny that our forefathers were godly men. Why do you think this country was started? This is the foundation of our country. What about Israel? I guess you would have to say that every war they fought was against God? Thats CRAZY. I guess well have to agree to disagree on this one bro.

Still love ya
J-bird

2006/3/22 8:20

Re:

Hia J-bird, hope you don't mind if I give my thoughts on wars.

Only those where God said "go and fight" were God Ordained in the Bible.

If God said, "Don't go", and they went any way, Israel got clobbered.

Whether God ordained all of our wars ... well, one would have to do a lot of research from many sources to decide that.

But Israel is not the U.S. or any other nation, from what I gather.

Still love ya too.
Annie

2006/3/22 9:18
IRONMAN

Re:

bro J-Bird
if i could probe deeper into this. what sort of freedom is it that we must fight for when the freedom which Christ gives was one He died willingly for? if the Lord had wanted it to be another way it would have been so, meaning war serves a purpose in God's plan. In Israel's case the wars they fought were after the Lord led them to as they were moving through the promise land. they were oft outnumbered so God fought for them the word says.

as for the founding fathers of America, some were Godly, others not. on the one hand the declaration says that they believed all men were created equal with certain inalienable rights, then on the other the Washington, Jefferson and many others owned slaves. a bit of conflict here. then there is also the issue of the extermination and marginalization of the native american.

somehow the issue of Christ enduring of what He did for my sake leaves me wondering what right i have to defend myself if Christ didn't though He could have. if i'm to be like Him i should turn the other cheek like He said to. then annie said that nothing would happen to her unless heaven allowed it so she didn't need her husband to hurt anyone for her. i feel the same way, nothing happens outside of God's will or knowledge...much to wrestle with bro

we do disagree but praise God the love that binds us in Christ goes beyond that. AMEN.

love you too bro

2006/3/22 11:16Profile

Re:

Heres a reality check right out of Foxs book of martyrs. China, 1970. In August 1970, it was reported that vladimir, a chrisitan, was arrested in Shanghai. In prison they put iron tubes around his legs and tightened them with screws. Then they beat on the tubes with a hammer until the vibrations broke the bones in both legs. All this to make him confess to imaginary crimes against the government. He did not confess. Seversl communist police officers then went to his home and on of them, a womwn, held vladimirs baby in his hands and told Vladimirs wife, "If you don't sign an accusation against the prisoner (her husband), we will smash the head of the child." She refused, not believing any human being would do that. The woman police officer smashed the babys head against the wall several times killing the baby. The mother went mad and grabbed a knife from the table and stabbed the officer. The other police officer shot and killed her. Is this really the life we WANT to live. I prefer freedom. "Give me liberty or give me death."

2006/3/22 11:49

Re:

Brother J-Bird,
I've loved your posts since you've signed on here at SI. I watch for them.

Brother, I love when the Body feels that One-ness that makes up what we really are.

It really is "Us against them" in the sense that, we who are born again by His Blood, are one family and they will hate us in the end, and even now do.

What you speak of "is" coming here and everywhere.

There is no longer this thought of "staying free" and especially in The Word.

Our only Freedom is to be free from this world and not fear death or what man can do to us. That is 'true' freedom. We have no guarantees to stay free, ever.
God has given us this space of time, to prepare our hearts to see what you described of this family.
The Saints will be beheaded and those who don't go along with the system, won't be able to buy food for their children.

We can't possibly believe that we will stay as the only free nation on earth forever.

We need this time to strengthen our hearts and resolve to be as those in Hebrews 11, the Foxes book of Martyrs, and those we read about on that web link posted here.

There's only so much time left to become "others & Heavenly minded". To love not this world unto death.

Love you brother. Let's pray for each other. O.K. ?

2006/3/22 17:51
IRONMAN

wrestling with turning the other cheek

bro J-bird

Quote:
Heres a reality check right out of Foxs book of martyrs. China, 1970. In August 1970, it was reported that vladimir, a chrisitan, was arrested in Shanghai. In prison they put iron tubes around his legs and tightened them with screws. Then they beat on the tubes with a hammer until the vibrations broke the bones in both legs. All this to make him confess to imaginary crimes against the government. He did not confess. Seversl communist police officers then went to his home and on of them, a womwn, held vladimirs baby in his hands and told Vladimirs wife, "If you don't sign an accusation against the prisoner (her husband), we will smash the head of the child." She refused, not believing any human being would do that. The woman police officer smashed the babys head against the wall several times killing the baby. The mother went mad and grabbed a knife from the table and stabbed the officer. The other police officer shot and killed her. Is this really the life we WANT to live. I prefer freedom. "Give me liberty or give me death."

i don't think anyone would want to live such a life but our life in Christ isn't about what we want, it's about what God wants. you say give me liberty or death i say give me Christ or death. i'm not afraid of death coz i know where i'll be after it all and if the Lord brings trial and suffering for His name's sake then i'd be honoured to endure it that His name be lifted up before my own desires.

i've oft marvelled at the anglo-american concept of liberty but never really known (so if you bro J-bird or anyone else can explain please do) what is it we are free from and how does that fit into God's plan? also is our right to defend ourselves a God-given right or one given by the world?is this liberty in Christ coz if it's not then should we be seeking it at all?

i've seen no evidence of any of the apostles or early Christians responding in kind to violence inflicted on them. then there is Christ saying to turn the other cheek and practising that on the way to the cross, His admonishion to pray for our persecutors and love those who hate us...then the latter part of hebrews 11 in which the afflicted didn't accept deliverance but endured for the sake of a better resurrection.

it seems the witness from the word is to suffer the affliction since vengeance is the Lord's so perhaps to resist is the way of the world?

2006/3/22 18:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy