SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Idolatry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

hi all..krispy im confused by ur post about the kjv as the bible we should all read(i noted something along the lines of the mkjv would be acceptable)
my question is if there's a country that's closed to the west i.e china and someone smuggled a nlt in,what do you want there response to be? "man i wanted a kjv".. surely God would us the nlt??
andy

2006/3/17 23:40

Re:

PB, you should bone up on your prayer a little more and edit your language some.

I can't read this thread, because I just can't, but if it's going to go back to what the title is about, I sure do have some feelings on this issue and they may not suit too many folk's fancy though.

I'm tired of it. O.K., what are you tired of now Annie ? (or who cares really ?)

Well, I reckon you'd call it "the same ol' stuff".

I see the Churches in New York City in a constant state of God's Grace being poured out because they are active in the nitty gritty dirty work of the city everyday and in between they find time to pray. But don't turn their backs on a lost and suffering and dying world to stay and pray only.

We'd do well to read the answer Jesus gave to His disciples when they asked how to increase their faith ... He answered them with the story of the Servant.

Do you really think that God has called us to just READ AND READ AND READ and then TALK AND TALK AND TALK ?

Forgive me folks, it's been a rough day on the Gospel trail for me.

I don't start threads telling of what I do with God's time, or how many folks I witnessed to today or of all the ministries I've worked with, etc. etc. etc. etc. but today I think I need to vent to someone who just might listen.

If we don't start DOING soon, we'll stand before Him Empty Handed and finding ourselves on the wrong side of the ending verses of Matt 25 and those like it.

The night comes when NO man can work.

Please start by doing something to reach out to the lost, before it's too late.

Quit looking for personal blessings and be a blessing to some dying kid or elderly person before they burn for all of eternity.

Don't find yourself empty handed when He comes.

Please see what is missing with us. Our hearts are missing. We don't have the MIND of CHRIST.

It's all SELF centered in the long haul, if you truly stop to examine it all.

Growth comes with desire, "blessed is he who hungers and thirsts after righteousness for he shall be FILLED."
But no where will you ever find that HE said, to sit around and "wait" .... He said, GO and DO the works that HE did and wants to do THROUGH us.

Please see, that the sheep are eating themselves to death in the fields and need to move.

That's all I can say. And I'm sorry if it angers anyone, I truly 'am' grieved if it does.

His Love is active.

2006/3/18 3:24

Re:Part 2

Page 6 is an abomination.

Ezekiel was told to "bake" the bread on dung, not told to "eat dung and die".

Much getting by with this thread.

2006/3/18 6:17
TS

Re:

Hello;
Being new to this on-line forum and not very smart it seems, I started a new thread to respond to this thread...it is in the lounge under "2 cents" I did not mean to start a new line of thought but to continue along this line of "Revival Idolatry. If anyone is interested it is there.

Also it seems that my comments about quote from Krispy's response is causing some to be hurt. I apologize for this happening but am under the belief that if we all just agree with everyone than what is the substance of our discussion. Certainly I have no personal "thing" against anyone on this forum...I do however have many different thoughts than what seems conventional to most.

I am touched and it brought tears to my eyes that some of the readers caught a glimpse of my heart towards the way things are...even amidst the poorly written words. I struggle so much with my walk in regards to how evil my own heart is and how callous I am to the Grace and Mercy of the Lord. If only we could connect with each other and see where we each have walked to make us who we are.

I meant no harm. It truly is amazing and comforting to know that we are all in the same boat....WE JUST WANT COMMUNION WITH GOD, and our hearts will not be content until it is as it was in the Garden where we will walk and talk and enjoy the relationship God meant for us.

Hopefully sparks can fly on-line and a fire could be caught...the Fire of the Most Holy.

Blessings
TS

2006/3/18 15:52Profile

Re:

Ts, like I said on that thread you started, you could have made every one of the points freely and we all would welcome Scriptural posts, but you used Krispy and had no right to.

The WOF has left some people here very hurt.

You seemed to say as Murray pointed out, that the WOF is just fine.

Some of our members here have been greatly hurt by being deceived by that bunch of heretics.

You could have come on more sensitive to other members here that you don't even know yet ... and not single out just one poster on this long thread, who meant something very touching in his post.

I'm "touched and brought to tears" too, when I see UNITY on here, not using other posters as a launching field for our own discources. Especially people we don't know very well.

Being One Body means a lot to me, but of late I've seen a few trying to tear at that, and God did not MOVE on the people in Acts, until they were in one accord and like minded, with One Burden. That's when the God Added to the Church daily, those that should be saved.

2006/3/18 17:15
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Annie,

I am a little confused, you know I don't support the WOF movement, right? Nevermind, I just reread your post and I got the context. Sorry about that.

Murray

2006/3/18 18:11Profile

Re:

God Bless you Murray.

Thank you for your heart for God.

All His Best to you brother.

Annie

2006/3/18 18:21
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Annie,

Thank you for the warm words. God bless you and may your posts continue to bless and encourage others.

Murray

2006/3/18 18:28Profile

Re:

storted this query out sorry

2006/3/19 22:55

Re: Revival Idolatry

When I first read the post from TS entitled 2 cents, which accidentally started a new thread yesterday, that he had [i]intended it[/i] for this thread - and not merely made a comment on this thread - escaped me. Perhaps I should have been cleverer and quicker to suggest it be posted here.

Yesterday was quite quiet on SI and so p9 moved slowly. Before this thread becomes longer, and this contribution is further out of context from the foregoing discussion, I hope it is helpful to re-post it (here) in full, for it to receive the reading and respectful consideration it deserves from those who have taken part in this thread already. (I'm not planning to join this thread at this time.) Thanks to you all. Linn

2 cents was posted originally at 0734am on 18th March 2006.

[color=0000FF]Hello;

I could not stay quiet after reading through this talk on revival. In particular a statement by Krispy..."Thank the Lord I have renounced the WOF/Charismatic Movement. The revival I seek comes with tears of repentance... not signs and wonders" (reference Luke 18:11 at bottom of this note..sound familiar?)... this leads me to ask a question. How can a Body that is chopped up into pieces..i.e. those that used to belong to the WOF (not sure what that is but am assuming it is a part of the Body or those belonging to the Charismatic movement but now do not...or I used to be a fundamental, conservative christian that believed the Holy Spirit stopped moving in gifts, signs and wonders but now I do...how can we collectively ever seek revival?

They will know we are christians by our love? Who will know? If people at large cannot see our love for each other and people within the Body can see a lot of divisiveness but little Love...why do we assume that God our Father would see love and reward us with a revival? What would he be reviving...Babtists to be better Babtists? Charismatics to be better Charismatics? or would it be for the conservative (or re-conservative?) christian like Krispy and so many others...revived so that they can do a better job of slamming a part of the Body that they were personally hurt in and now want nothing to do with?

We "christians" are arrogant and selfish...what is the difference between signs and wonders and revival? Is revival itself not a sign...is it not a wonder? That the Father of Mercy would light hearts on fire towards repentance unto salvation; certainly this would qualify as both a sign and a wonder.

I am frustrated that we are not seeing the humble man able to heal, raise the dead or prophecy with the certainty that the old testament prophets did. But the Bible says these things are to be...so I must believe that they will be and not become offended that I do not see it yet...but in fact seem to see a lot of the opposite...false prophets who are cocky...self-serving and misleading...selling the "word" of the day to any who will jump in and buy it. I am convinced that we will most assuredly not see revival until we see judgment. When judgment comes we will see the 255,000 christian denominations floored...devestated and ultimately totally destroyed. Out of these ashes the true Church will arise...one that will be as the first century church was...willing to die for their faith...willing to live for their brother. Let us not pray for revival but for judgment where it will be as a drunken man slapped out of his stupor and made to face the grim reality of his existence...such is the state of this "church" clamoring for revival.

What would a good American do with revival if it hit him in the face? Would he give a little more in the plate on Sunday? Would he go to church a couple more times a week? Would he downsize from his Lexus to a Ford? I know he would definitely cut out 5-10 hours of televisions entertainment from his budget of 25 hours a week of TV. Or would we simply "recieve" the Glory as it falls...so self absorbed that we bask in the Glory yet fail to smile at the person we run into on the way out of the church?

We seek revival without knowing how far we are from the Holy God. We have not stopped yet to thank him truly for the freedom He has given us over the past 230 years...instead of thanks we have become proud, expectant and indifferent to how dirty we are. We did not stand as a Body unified against the onslaught of evil that has come these past 50 years. We were silent and compromising when the Lawmakers took prayer out of school...why did we not pull our children out until they repealed the Law? We had no back bone...too busy beginning the trend towards materialism. Why did we not offer love to the messed up generation that revolted in the 60's? The only love we offered was if you change you can become a "christian"...first cut your hair...stop your smoking, drinking and "free love" sex life and then we will let you into our church. Christ would have done no such thing...FIRST he would have loved them and then after they accepted the love the Holy Spirit would have led them down the path of sanctification. Where was the church when as a result of the previous mistake...(the church's legalism and pride not connecting with the "hippie generation") free love became the foundation for "free murder"..or abortion? If the church had loved, had stood in the gap for the unborn of that day...if they had stood with open arms to the girls pregnant and desperate for help, offering on a nation wide basis to adopt any child that was not wanted...helping the mother; loving her until the baby came, then adopting the child if the mother still was inclined to give the baby away...we may never have had a "Roe vs. Wade" and the consequential death of over 40 million babies in America over the past 30 odd years. Instead because the church, doing the right thing could have stopped the death of millions of babies and instead adopted them into christian homes, we then would have filled the world with millions of christians, stolen as they were from the world and redeemed into the Body of Christ. But no; we as a body turned a deaf ear to the cries and a blind eye to the need...driving us further down the road of decay. The church has become nothing...no flavor...no power...no love. All structures/systems seem out for themselves, pushing their own agendas with the verbage taken from the Bible to sway the masses...out to profit from the name above all names.

Yet we have the audacity to cry for revival without ever acknowledging the sin we live in.

Just to give some scripture to think on, here is a chapter in Luke that speaks much to the condition we as a body are in: quick to point out the errors of others...very slow to face the depravity of our own hearts.

Luke 18: "I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [[h]persistence in] faith on the earth?"

Will He find Faith on the earth when he comes...faith is hope for things unseen, signs..wonders maybe? Faith is realizing our frailty, acknowledging our filthiness and personally applying the Blood of the Cross to it. Faith is not concerned with denominational differences, it is not belief that I have the answers and another group does not. It simply is falling on the ground in our misery and crying to God for the mercy he has already given. If we all did this we would not have to wait for judgment to bring revival...each in his own turn would be revived. This however is not the trend of man...we are stubborn, hard hearted and bent on rebellion...Judge us O' Lord before it is too late.

and the whole chapter for any to read:

Luke 18 (Amplified Bible)
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Luke 18
1ALSO [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to [a]turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).
2He said, In a certain city there was a judge who neither reverenced and feared God nor respected or considered man.

3And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, Protect and defend and give me justice against my adversary.

4And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man,

5Yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me [b]intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or [c]at the last she come and rail on me or [d]assault me or [e]strangle me.

6Then the Lord said, Listen to what the unjust judge says!

7And will not [our just] God defend and protect and avenge His elect (His chosen ones), who cry to Him day and night? Will He [f]defer them and [g]delay help on their behalf?

8I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [[h]persistence in] faith on the earth?

9He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves and were confident that they were righteous [that they were upright and in right standing with God] and scorned and made nothing of all the rest of men:

10Two men went up into the temple [[i]enclosure] to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

11The Pharisee [j]took his stand ostentatiously and began to pray thus before and with himself: God, I thank You that I am not like the rest of men--extortioners (robbers), swindlers [unrighteous in heart and life], adulterers--or even like this tax collector here.

12I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

13But the tax collector, [merely] standing at a distance, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but kept striking his breast, saying, O God, be favorable (be gracious, be merciful) to me, the [k]especially wicked sinner that I am!

14I tell you, this man went down to his home justified (forgiven and made upright and in right standing with God), rather than the other man; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

15Now they were also bringing [even] babies to Him that He might touch them, and when the disciples noticed it, they reproved them.

16But Jesus called them [[l]the parents] to Him, saying, Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for to such [as these] belongs the kingdom of God.

17Truly I say to you, whoever does not accept and receive and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] shall not in any way enter it [at all].

18And a certain ruler asked Him, Good Teacher [You who are [m]essentially and perfectly [n]morally good], what shall I do to inherit eternal life [to partake of eternal salvation in the Messiah's kingdom]?

19Jesus said to him, Why do you call Me [[o]essentially and perfectly [p]morally] good? No one is [[q]essentially and perfectly [r]morally] good--except God only.

20You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not witness falsely, honor your father and your mother.(A)

21And he replied, All these I have kept from my youth.

22And when Jesus heard it, He said to him, One thing you still lack. Sell everything that you have and [s]divide [the money] among the poor, and you will have [rich] treasure in heaven; and come back [and] follow Me [become My disciple, join My party, and accompany Me].

23But when he heard this, he became distressed and very sorrowful, for he was rich--exceedingly so.

24Jesus, observing him, said, How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!

25For it is easier for a camel to enter through a needle's eye than [for] a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

26And those who heard it said, Then who can be saved?

27But He said, What is impossible with men is possible with God.(B)

28And Peter said, See, we have left our own [things--home, family, and business] and have followed You.

29And He said to them, I say to you truly, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God

30Who will not receive in return many times more in this world and, in the coming age, eternal life.

31Then taking the Twelve [apostles] aside, He said to them, Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written about the Son of Man through and by the prophets will be fulfilled.(C)

32For He will be handed over to the Gentiles and will be made sport of and scoffed and jeered at and insulted and spit upon.(D)

33They will flog Him and kill Him; and on the third day He will rise again.(E)

34But they understood nothing of these things; His words were a mystery and hidden from them, and they did not comprehend what He was telling them.

35As He came near to Jericho, it occurred that a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging.

36And hearing a crowd going by, he asked what it meant.

37They told him, Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.

38And he shouted, saying, Jesus, Son of David, take pity and have mercy on me!

39But those who were in front reproved him, telling him to keep quiet; yet he [t]screamed and shrieked so much the more, Son of David, take pity and have mercy on me!

40Then Jesus stood still and ordered that he be led to Him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him,

41What do you want Me to do for you? He said, Lord, let me receive my sight!

42And Jesus said to him, Receive your sight! Your faith ([u]your trust and confidence that spring from your faith in God) has healed you.

43And instantly he received his sight and began to follow Jesus, [v]recognizing, praising, and honoring God; and all the people, when they saw it, praised God.

TS[/color]

2006/3/20 6:37

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy