SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Idolatry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Thank God that Jesus too was gnostic

I dont consider blasphemey to be a joke.

Krispy

2006/3/16 11:40
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Krispy, Let me just slide in next to you here...this post has taken a differnt direction overnight....

I do side with krispy on the KJV part... I have told people for years every time theres a revival its with KJV......We havent seen a revival with all these translation or mistranlations ;-)
Just ask someone to quote a verse and its usally KJV.

2006/3/16 12:43Profile

Re:

The sweet thing is, Loveslave, Brent and I dont always see eye to eye on some issues. Yet, he is my brother and I his and we treat each other with love and respect. I dont believe I have ever belittled him or mocked him. There just isnt any need for it.

I mean, he's even a yankee, yet I still love and respect him as a brother in Christ! Imagine! lol

Krispy

2006/3/16 13:06
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Psalm 118

8 It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in princes.

This precept will always be presented to those who believe. Whether it is Moses, David, Ravenhill, Tozer, or whoever one thing is sure. God will give you reason to trust only in Him. Men can only sow and water, but the increase comes for God. Those who drink of this increase will learn that there is no end to the source from which this water flows.

Psa. 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Revival comes to those who come to Him.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/3/16 13:21Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
IRONMAN,

You and I do differ on this issue, and thats ok. I know you're saved and serving God. I hear what you're saying and you do have good points.

But as for revival, I still hold my ground on what I said.

Did you know, for instance, that the KJV was not called the King James Version until 1929? Before that it was always referred to as The Authorized Version. However, with the influx of new versions such as the RSV, sales were slack because American publishers were competing with The [b]Authorized[/b] Version. They felt they couldnt compete with that, so they began to call it the King James Version.

This was in 1929. Do you remember from history what else happened in America in 1929?

The stock market crash.

Coincidence? I dont think so.

So I do believe in what I have said on this thread about there being a connection between corrupt Bible versions and revival in America.

Krispy

that's cool bro, the Lord will expose whoever is wrong and correct us as He sees fit. As far as the stock market crash of 1929 i'm with you that it was no coincidence but the stock market had it coming anyway. i'm not sure how much the changing of the name authorized version to king james version had to do with it but it seems to me there was no dodging that bullet...

love yu bro!

bro Loveslave
i have brought up the issue of the Lord contradicting His word and used the example of peter and that sheet and then ezekiel also...i've yet to hear anyone address this as being other than the Lord in His sovereignty contradicting His word. can someone explain that as the Lord leads?

2006/3/16 13:44Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thanks Rookie!

I was beginning to wonder if we would ever get back to the heart of worship. Revival is a breath of life. That breath can only come from God not texts and translations.

Loveslave is right in quoting Jesus conerning His Words being spirit and life. The reason we need revival is that we are operating on spuradic fill ups instead of continuous supply.

John 15:5-6
5 I am the vine , ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
ASV

Abiding in the vine does not mean come to the church building and get a spiritual shot in the arm with the sermon or a visitation of God. Abiding in the vine is like allowing the Holy Spirit to connect a spiritual umbilical cord that transmits the life of God continuously.

John 16:13-15
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth , is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, (these) shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall take of mine, and shall declare (it) unto you.

15 All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he taketh of mine, and shall declare (it) unto you. ASV

When will we see that we don't come to church to come into the presence of God. We bring the presence of God to the meeting because He is already in us. We don't have to hear the preacher to hear the voice of God. The voice of God is speaking to us continuously from His Spirit that dwells within.

John 14:16-17
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever,

17(even) the Spirit of truth : whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you. ASV

If the Holy Spirit is given to be in us and is with us forever why do we sing about and pray for and expect a 'visitation?'

When we experience the manifest presence of God in 'revival' did God 'show up?' Or is it that we finally showed up? God is there calling and waiting for us to turn around, to REPENT. As Paul said "he is not far from each one of us." Acts 17:27 ASV Our perception of the presence of God is not an issue of His proximity to us but of our ability to see through the veil of flesh.

Holy Father open our spiritual eyes.

Jeff

2006/3/16 17:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
That breath can only come from God not texts and translations.

God has a pretty high value on His Word...

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: [b]for thou hast magnified thy word [i]above all thy name[/i].[/b]

And my point is that when a nation such as ours does not honor God's Word as it should be honored, then we should not expect His hand to rest upon us.

God's Word is the final authority on faith and practice, and in your reply there is a sense that you do not value God's Word above your experiences. I'm not saying that's the case, because I do not know you and can not make that judgement... just saying there is a sense.

Most Christians today are not even aware that there are any differences between versions. They have swallowed the lie that the only difference is linguistic. Why is that? Because most Christians do not hold a high value of God's Word. They say they do, but they spend more time watching TV then they do reading the Bible. Why are do many getting sucked into WOF, running off to Joyce Meyer crusades, or trying to take Aunt Betty to Benny Hinn? Because they do not know the scriptures!

Quote:
Abiding in the vine does not mean come to the church building and get a spiritual shot in the arm with the sermon or a visitation of God. Abiding in the vine is like allowing the Holy Spirit to connect a spiritual umbilical cord that transmits the life of God continuously.

I've been championing exactly that on this site for a couple years now! We certainly agree on this point.

Quote:
When will we see that we don't come to church to come into the presence of God. We bring the presence of God to the meeting because He is already in us. We don't have to hear the preacher to hear the voice of God. The voice of God is speaking to us continuously from His Spirit that dwells within.

Amen!! If I didnt know better I would think you're copy/pasting from some of my old posts!

Quote:
If the Holy Spirit is given to be in us and is with us forever why do we sing about and pray for and expect a 'visitation?'

I'm with you on this too!

I have no argument with the last 3/4 of your post. Your right on the money!

Krispy

2006/3/16 17:23
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Brother Krispy I appreciate your reservation to judge. If I sound like I put more weight in experience than the Word then I did a poor job of communicating. I thought that I was communicating the words of Jesus are spirit and life. I have found that I can read text until I am blue in the face but until the Holy Spirit breathes understanding and insight into those passages I remain in need of a transfusion. I have many friends in ministry who focus all of thier attention upon esoteric spiritual encounters but have no real understanding of the Word of God. I find that the Holy Spirit takes the Logos that I diligently study and causes it to come alive, real, applicable in my life as I spend time allowing Him to lift the veil of my flesh.

2 Tim 3:16
16 Every scripture inspired of God (is) also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. ASV

On the contrary I value the Word of God highly for He became flesh and allowed that flesh to be slain that I might have life.

Love you brother! Keep sharing those deep truths.

Jeff

2006/3/16 18:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
Most Christians today are not even aware that there are any differences between versions. They have swallowed the lie that the only difference is linguistic. Why is that? Because most Christians do not hold a high value of God's Word. They say they do, but they spend more time watching TV then they do reading the Bible. Why are do many getting sucked into WOF, running off to Joyce Meyer crusades, or trying to take Aunt Betty to Benny Hinn? Because they do not know the scriptures!

Very good, I agree.

I left all that crap behing me, but at first I left the system unwillingly. My Father said to get out, I refused, I kicked. Everything was going fine, I left and it'll be 3 years this April. And I am glad that I left, I have learned more listening to what the holy Spirit sayeth than what any man would dare to say.

Than I learned something about the founder of the WOF that was shocking, and it was right in his book, that our LORD Jesus took on the nature of Satan. I started to read Hagins book one day, and I came across this, and I ripped that thing to shreds. I grabbed every tape of his and pulled the tape right out of the reel. The sad thing is that he only used the King James bible.

The Jesus that he saw in those visions was not the same Jesus that is in the bible. The only Jesus that Paul seen was a bright light, and the other instance was when John saw a lamb as if were slain. Than he described what He looked like like.

The WOF uses the King James Bible, all their followers do, at least the ones that I know.

2006/3/16 20:11
roadsign

Re: Ravenhill: still a leader in revival

I've been out of the loup, so am behind several posts.

I asked how Ravenhill strayed, and KingJimmy gave this reply:

Quote:
All I know is that in one of his sermons he refers to one of these individuals as a good friend, which is very shocking.

I hope that you don't judge my theological position by those whom I call my "friends",or "my friend" or "dear friend" - 'cause - you'd have to call me a heretic for sure. Is that all the info there is on him?

I must admit that Ravenhill is quite an unusual person. Many, including me, have had our lives transformed by him. He indeed was intrumental in revival - within my heart and many others. I once heard a message by a missionary in Africa who was transformed by Ravenhill. At the time he was serving in the Sudan, in the thick of danger, rescuing suffering Christians and their families from radical extremists - at a great risk to his life. I wept through his entire message.

I have to admit that when I watched Ravenhill's interview I thought: "That man is grieving over something that has not happened, what he so longed for."

Quote:
I don't have a great interest in hearing too much more of his sermons and such.

I also feel that for me personally it's time to move on. Yet, no doubt Ravenhill will still stir many more hearts, and thus revival IS and WILL continue to happen through him - it's like an underground movement. He just never got to see it that way.

Only God knows where those who were influenced by Ravenhill will go in the future - and whom they will influence for Christ.

Karl wrote:
Quote:
We have the power to have continous revival, but how many of us are willing to seperate ourselves from serving others and only give ourselves to the word of God and prayer? I am not, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I long to be. But you see, I am like alot of people that come to this site, I am caught up with the things of this world. Just busy busy busy, running to and fro the earth and going nowhere.

Karl, I have spent too much time and energy feeling guilty because I'm not praying enough, or too much, I'm not fasting enough,...I'm on SI too much, I'm on SI not enough. I read the Bible not enough, I read the Bible too much, I spend not enough time with loved ones.... too much.... not enough.... blah blah blah. No matter what I do, it seems like I should be doing the other thing more. The guilt will ruin me if I don't get something straight. Thankfully God sets it straight: The SPIRIT can prompt me in and guide my life. I am called to rest in him enjoy his presence at all times. God's arm is not so short that he can't draw me into whatever is the need of the hour.

I was once at a conference where a revival pastor said, "God has not led me to pray for revival for these meetings because he is not planning on doing that." Well, whatever you may think of that, I think that there is some comfort there. Just maybe a lot of prayer is fruitless and needlessly drains people because it is not God's timing, and the prayer wasn't prompted by God's Spirit. Remember Christ is our intercessor, and we unite with him in HIS burden. Could there be some truth in my thoughts here?

Ironman said,
Quote:
out of the suffering which is ahead there will come out of it a Church without spot or wrinkle such as Christ is returning for (we're not about to be raptured till we're cleaned and purified so we will suffer persecution)and a people after the very heart of God.

I wonder if many of the prophetic writigs of the OT are really talking about the final ingathering - just before the end. And is that the ultimate and most glorious revival - yet to come?

Diane

2006/3/16 20:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy