SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Idolatry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Revival Idolatry

Quote:
Do you think that many of us, especially on this website, seek Revival more than God?

I think your right. I am tired of hearing that we need revival. Revival for what, Souls? What about God? God knows who will be saved and who will not, leave that part to Him. But in the meantime, He just wants us to have a relationship with Him. Souls will be placed in our path, He is the one who leads and directs the righteous does He not.

I truly don't care about anything but this one thing, to know my heavenly Father, thats all I want. Souls are not my priority, I am sorry if that offends anyone, but I've been in this too long and seen alot of stupid things in the name of churchanity, and when you get sick of all that, all there is left is just knowing the LORD, nothing else matters. Be critical, I am not interested.

Revivals, they are like spit fires, here and there, but they don't last. A true move of God will be lasting, it so grips the soul of man that all desires for the flesh become loathsome and the word of God become his delight. We have the power to have continous revival, but how many of us are willing to seperate ourselves from serving others and only give ourselves to the word of God and prayer? I am not, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I long to be. But you see, I am like alot of people that come to this site, I am caught up with the things of this world. Just busy busy busy, running to and fro the earth and going nowhere. Be critical, I am not interested in your opinion.

Karl

;-)

2006/3/15 16:34

Re:

There has not been one serious revival [b]in America[/b] since 1900. Nor will there be one in the future. And there is a reason for that.

It's called Bible versions.

Think I'm wrong? Name one serious revival in America since 1900, other than false revivals like Brownsville or Toronto... etc.

Krispy

2006/3/15 17:43
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy
you wrote

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
There has not been one serious revival [b]in America[/b] since 1900. Nor will there be one in the future. And there is a reason for that.

Think I'm wrong? Name one serious revival in America since 1900, other than false revivals like Brownsville or Toronto... etc.

Krispy

i know you're wrong on both counts.there is coming a revival here in America and indeed the world. the reason for there not being any revivals here since 1900 is not because of bible versions (really i'm not sure how big of a role that played) but rather because people have not been seeking the Lord earnestly and we have hindered the Lord's Holy Spirit by all manner of things, our programs, theologies and all sort of other foolishnes which quenched(s)and grieved(s) the Holy Spirit. also we are too busy with other things, entertaining ourselves and so on.

edit:
in addition bro Rahman said on another thread in the news and intercession section that a lot of people will be at this celebration of the azusa st centennial coming up. Jakes, dollar, paula white and a bunch of others will be there to celebrate this yet none of these people are advocating any sort of move to seek the Lord for Him to pour out His Spirit afresh coz we know we need Him. noone has suggested we fall on our faces and repent and seek the Lord, instead we marvel at what was instead of seeking the Lord for what He wants to do in and through us now and in future.

this revival which is coming will be as a result of the Lord reducing whatever it is we hold dear to tatters such that there will be nothing else to do save for seeking Him. all the things we pride ourselves in are set to be destroyed so that those who would seek the Lord earnestly will indeed do so and those who are not about God's business will jump ship. the church organization as we know it, our economy, military might and revered governmental system is set to be reduced to shreds to compel us to seek God and His revival. of course this also serves the purpose of preparing the way for the antichrist but out of the suffering which is ahead there will come out of it a Church without spot or wrinkle such as Christ is returning for (we're not about to be raptured till we're cleaned and purified so we will suffer persecution)and a people after the very heart of God.

2006/3/15 18:51Profile
ANewInHim

Re:

Healingwaters,

Quote:

I truly don't care about anything but this one thing, to know my heavenly Father, thats all I want. Souls are not my priority, I am sorry if that offends anyone, but I've been in this too long and seen alot of stupid things in the name of churchanity, and when you get sick of all that, all there is left is just knowing the LORD, nothing else matters. Be critical, I am not interested.

May we be so filled with the Spirit of God that sitting down next to someone would cause there to be repentance, that they would have to confess there sins, recieve healing and forgiveness.

-ANewInHim

2006/3/15 19:06Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Revival Idolatry

Maybe simply put, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all those things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33). Seeking the things of God I think could be the same as seeking Him. You seek the kingdom, that's seeking Him. You seek His righteousness, you seek Him. Then the life transformed, the personal revival, just may be the thing that's added unto you.

2006/3/15 19:06Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis Yodi

Quote:
Maybe simply put, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all those things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33). Seeking the things of God I think could be the same as seeking Him. You seek the kingdom, that's seeking Him. You seek His righteousness, you seek Him. Then the life transformed, the personal revival, just may be the thing that's added unto you.

and that's the bottom line, seek ye first the kingdom of God...AMEN.

2006/3/15 19:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

There has not been one serious revival in America since 1900. Nor will there be one in the future. And there is a reason for that.

This is of course, absurd. Different bible versions have always existed in every culture, and revival has existed as well. Shoot, the early church spread like wildfire when books like the Shepherd of Hermas were considered canonical by some.

2006/3/15 22:34Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Brothers and sisters what do we mean by this 'Kingdom of God' that we are to seek? For so many today it seems to be bigger buildings, bigger crowds, more territory.

Didn't Jesus tell Pilate in John 18:36 "My kingdom is not of this world"? ASV If it is not of this world what is it of?

Jesus Christ came to be first and foremost King of the hearts of men. When we seek the Kingdom of God we seek to enthrone Him in our hearts. Revival comes when I surrender to His right to reign in my heart.

When I pray "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven" I am asking Him to establish His rule in my heart such that His will is done, His voice obeyed, by me just as it is done in Heaven.

Jeff

2006/3/15 22:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
This is of course, absurd. Different bible versions have always existed in every culture, and revival has existed as well. Shoot, the early church spread like wildfire when books like the Shepherd of Hermas were considered canonical by some.

Is it really absurd? I dont think so. Different Bible versions have certain existed in every culture, but based on what text? Everywhere the manuscripts that eventually comprised the Textus Receptus went there was great revival and true Biblical Christianity. The Alexandrian Text, and the manuscripts used to make up the Latin Vulgate produced the Roman Catholic Church, oppression and suppression of God's Word.

The Reformation was brought about by men who translated the Bible, not from the Latin Vulgate, but from the Textus Receptus. The Antioch text (now called the Textus Receptus) has always been around, and there were true Bible believers all thru history [b]before[/b] the Reformation. Of course they were persecuted and murdered by the RCC. The great revivals in America's history were brought based on Bibles translated from the Textus Receptus.

Thats a fact.

Someone mentioned Azusa Street. I reject that as a revival because of the numerous false doctrines that it was based on and that have come out of it.

I stand on what I said... no serious revival has taken place [b]in America[/b] since the turn of the century and the arrival of modern versions based on corrupted texts. (Notice I said in America... God is moving in other parts of the world)

Krispy

2006/3/16 6:20

Re:

Quote:
people have not been seeking the Lord earnestly and we have hindered the Lord's Holy Spirit by all manner of things, our programs, theologies and all sort of other foolishnes which quenched(s)and grieved(s) the Holy Spirit. also we are too busy with other things, entertaining ourselves and so on.

I dont disagree with this... I think you are right. I know I come across as saying that Bible versions is the sole reason, but we have to ask ourselves this question: What has caused this country to become so apathetic toward God?

Certainly riches is part of it. But this country has always been wealthy compared to other parts of the world. The apathetic attitude comes from many places... but I believe that most of it comes from an apathetic attitude toward the Word of God.

Any true supporter of modern versions is being intellectually dishonest if he/she says that they know with certainty that they have the preserved Word of God in their hands. If they say that, then they are a liar because modern version not only disagree with the Textus Receptus, they also disagree with each other.

So if they are honest they have to admit that they dont believe they have the true Word of God in their hands... the [i]"pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."[/i]

Not believing we actually have God's Word in our hands can not help but produced a lax attitude toward it. Thus a lax attitude toward God's Word produces lax Christians.

So then someone argues: How do we know? We dont have the originals anymore!

True... but God did not promise to preserve manuscripts. He promised to preserve His Words. There are numerous examples in the OT of God writing His Word down a second time. Moses for example. I think God has a pretty good memory of what He said.

We [b]do[/b] have God's preserved Word today. We can know with certainty that we do. But I'm one of a dying breed.

And until believers in this country realize that what is in the KJV is God's preserved Word, I believe there will be no great revival in this country.

And before someone accuses me of being "KJV-O", let me state very clearly that I am in favor of a version being made in modern English... but [b]only[/b] if it is based on the Textus Receptus alone, with no footnotes alluding to the differences between it and the Alexandrian Text. So far no one has. I could care less what is in or not in the Alexandrian Text. It's corrupt, it's junk.

Krispy

2006/3/16 6:35

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy