SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : That I may Know Him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, i knew a catholic priest who was a great evangelist and raveled with a baptist preacher friend. once in a while i would go with this priest instead of my friend. he would always tell his testimony of how he was a catholic boy who became a priest of high esteem but his life was dry and his sermons dryer until he had an affair; a love affair,which made his life exciting and improved his sermons also. he then had a second affair which only kindled his first affair to a fever pitch.the people in the catholic church were on the edge of their seats with their mouths open. then read if i should know Him... he said that the affair was with Jesus and His spirit... he told them that you cold be a good catholic or even a priest of good report and not really know Jesus experientually and that this was the requirment to be truly redeemed. he lead many thousands to Jesus.(the jerusalem bible has a footnote by this verse that states that we must Know Jesus intimately... jimp

2006/4/15 20:45Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Pe 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

We are already resurrected with Christ in Spirit, we are being resurrected in spirit and soul (mind), and will be resurrected in body on resurrected morning.

2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us];

Easter is much more than Easter Sunday. Our Easter is already happened in Spirit. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Our Easter is happening in our spirit soul,
1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Our Easter will happen on resurrection morning.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

Then to know Him. 1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Phl 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

To know Him is resurrection. Amen.

IN Christ: Phillip

2006/4/15 22:43Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Phillip,

Amen Brother, and may we all worship Him together, for His Wonderous Love.

Because of Christ and His Love,

pastorfrin

2006/4/16 19:04Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Rojam,
Thank You,
Its pure joy to experience His Love, and then to realize what it is to Know Him, to realize His Love to and for us. Yes, what a glorious
relationship.

Oh, that I may Know Him more,

pastorfrin

2006/4/16 19:13Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Jimp,
Intimacy is the realization of His Love for us.
Its a revelation we must each personally receive.
When we receive this, the fullness of His love, we then are able to love one another as He Loves us. This is how the world knows that we are His deciples. We must decrease, He must increase.
To Know Him is to be like Him, resurrection, suffering, and death.

Oh that I may Know Him more,

pastorfrin

2006/4/16 19:26Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: All

I have a question. Is it the majorities experience to have highs and lows in walking with the Lord. Not necessarily of an emotional kind but rather a 'knowing' kind and that 'knowing' wavers and dips and plunges and swoops etc... Do you get what I am asking?
And I am wondering what is the ultimate reason?

It keeps me seeking and hungering for intimacy and my hope revealed, but do these dips and plunges coincide with lessening prayer or weak study of His word? And then what does that say with faith? Is it my faith that is doing this dippin' and swoopin'.

I am ever fearful of the word that says, 'without faith it is impossible to please the Lord.' It was credited to Abraham as righteousnes because he believed the Lord God.' Abraham did not have to do a thing; not attend 'church' services, read the law over and over, walk a hundred miles on his knees. (You get my point) Am I getting anywhere with this or should I stop ramblin' now?
All we have to do is believe. This is the simplicity of the Gospel. WOW.
I do know and have experienced highs in faith and intimacy with our Lord and Saviour as I fellwoship more and more throughout the week with like minded believers. And it encourages me for the day that daily I am fellowshipping with like minded believers.
The promises of God are 'Yea' and 'Amen.'
Rich

2006/4/24 18:52Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Hello Pastor Frin

Oh to know and feel His love is tremendous. I often wonder if is not in feeling of a physical kind but rather a 'knowing' or trusting kind.

I am often stirred in spirit by the scripture coming alive in me and it does not manifest in 'quaking or shaking' physically (as is often done in charismatic or pentecostal circles, of which I attend) but manifests in a silent surge or vibrancy of soul.
In those times I am pleasantly surprised. I used to seek the Lord for the feelings outwardly, thinking if I did not get it the Lord wasn' there.
I try to seek the Lord now because He can be found and He is to be found. Hallelujah
to know Him, give the grace ABBA Father
Rich

2006/4/24 19:01Profile
pastorfrin

Re: I have a question.

Hi Rich,

Great to hear from you. Your question,

Quote:
I have a question. Is it the majorites experience to have highs and lows in walking with the Lord?

Yes Rich, I would say it is a majority experience, and yes, lessening prayer and study
of His Word, will cause a low, because of lack of fellowship with the Lord.

The key is Faith and Trust in Him. To Know Him
we must spend time communicating with Him.

We are told in Prov. 3:5-8 To, Trust in the Lord
with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own
understanding.
6. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall
direct thy paths.
7. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord,
and depart from evil.
8. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to
thy bones.
One may say, Thats fine, but to trust is easier said than done!
Something I find helpful in the Faith and Trust
issue, is the Lord's Prayer. Matt. 6:9-15.
To understand what the Lord's teaching us in this
model prayer, opens the way for our complete walk
with Him.
The key is simply His will, to understand that
His will is what must be accomplished in our lives. Then and only then can we enter into this
type of trust.

Phil. 4:6,7 Wraps it all up for us.
6. Be careful for nothing;
[u]but in every thing,[/u] by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let
your request be made known unto God.
7. And the peace of God, [u]which passeth all understanding,[/u] shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

This trust and peace that passeth all understanding, is where I believe Abraham was in his walk with the Lord. Not at first, but he grew
to the place of trust in the Lord, where he was able to obey Him without question.
This is why he was able to take Isaac, up unto the mountian, to offer him as a sacrifice unto
the Lord.
He trusted God's will above every thing else.
He had trust and peace that passed all understanding.

When we pray, thy will be done, in every area of our life, and we pray this way every day, sometimes, many times a day Matt. 26:39-44, we are giving the Lord complete control of our life.
It is in this surrender, to His Wll, that leads to the place of trusting Him with all our hearts, and not leaning on our own understanding.
We simply depend on His Will, No Worry, Just Trust, Faith and His glorious Peace that
passeth ALL UNDERSTANDING.
:-)

One finds as we learn to trust in His Will, that the highs and lows disappear, and His Peace replaces them.

We May Know Him More

Trust His Will

pastorfrin

2006/4/25 19:49Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

It is awesome that you included the Phillipians verse in your reply, Pastor Frin. Last nite at our weds assembling of ourselves I was talking with an elderly woman, mature in the Lord. She used the same verse and mentioned that after you have done that (according to Phillippians) then you have peace. Our peace does not come after the Lord God has answered (although there is peace). Rather our peace comes from doing exactly what Phillipians says to do and then trusting. For after we have committed our requests with praise and thanksgiving, we can be assured that what is best for us will occur.

I have been in somewhat minor turmoil because my prayers have not been answered yet (Or so I think) at have lost a sense of peace. Her words sparked in me and I though I would share it.

I have been reading Andrew Murrays' writing on Absolute Surrender. Absolutely awesome...
He shares in it from Rom chapter 7 and how wretched a man Paul said he was. Should not that be every man and womans cry, 'Oh wretched man/woman that I am.' 'Who will save me...?'
I think to pause here is sufficient, because without a true revelation of that wretchedness that resides in us, we can progress no further in Christ. Really, there is nothing greater than coming to the end of ourselves...Once and for all. Can this happen once and for all, or will it be a lifelong battle, choosing life over death, in every moment?
Rich

2006/4/27 14:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Will of God. What a allusive thing to be grasped? I think Not.

The Will of God.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in Him (Christ Jesus) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

His perfect Will: Galatians 2:19-20 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/4/27 15:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy