SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Order of MelchizedeK

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Our High Priest, Jesus Christ, is our King and Savior. All the works He does defines the impact that the priestly order of Melchizedec has on His creation.

If one agrees with this statement, is there another who could do the works of the order of Melchizedec?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/5/24 10:52Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Psalm 110:4, "The Lord has sworn and will not relent,
You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek." I believe this idea of the Father not relenting represents the continual work of the Father and the Son. The ceremony of the Father drawing men to Himself, and then handing them over the Son. This idea of the continual request of the Father to the Son, Will You add this one to your inheritance, will You prepare this one for Your bride? From the time of Adam to the end of this age, this is the representation of the priestly duties of the Son. The idea of unrelenting points to the numerous ceremonies, more than the stars in the sky. The Father continues to save, the Son continues to save through the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is our high priest according to the works that are performed in line with the priestly order of Melchizedek.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/7/21 12:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"Now it happened that He went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; and as they went His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain. And the Pharisees said to Him, "Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"

"But He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him; how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?"

"And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also [b]Lord of the Sabbath."[/b] Mark 2:25-28

What really is the Lord saying here. Remember He refers back in time to that of David. The Pharisees have there own law. Jesus was also Lord of their Sabbath.

The Sabbath was set aside so that the people could be still and listen for His voice.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/10/14 18:21Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I was reading the end of Jeremiah this morning and this thought came to mind.

The final chapters talk of the judgement that is coming upon Babylon and all the nations of that time. Hear the judgement on Babylon:

"You have indeed been trapped, O Babylon, and you were not aware; you have been found and also caught, [b]because you have contended against the Lord. [/b] The Lord has opened His armory, and has brought out the weapons of His indignation; for this is the work of the Lord God of Hosts in the land of the Chaldeans...Repay her according to her work; according to all she has done, do to her; for she has been [b]proud against the Lord, against the Holy One of Israel.[/b] Jeremiah 50:24-29

This reminds me of Psalm 2:

"Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, [b]against the Lord and against His ANNOINTED,[/b] saying, "Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us." He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision.
Then He shall speak to them in [b]His wrath[/b], and distress them in His deep displeasure; [b]Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion."[/b] Psalm 2:1-7

Do you see Psalm 2 in Jeremiah 50?

Listen a little longer:

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: "The children of Israel were oppressed, along with the children of Judah; all who took them captive have held them fast; they have refused to let them go." Jeremiah 50:33

This is the reason for God's wrath on Babylon. That nation disobeyed God in terms of its care for the captives, Judah and Israel. Now listen to whom the Lord speaks!

"Their [b]Redeemer [/b] is strong; [u][b]The Lord of hosts[/b][/u] is His name. He will thoroughly [u][i][b]plead their case, that He may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.[/b][/i][/u]" Jeremiah 50:34

Do you see the work of the King and High Priest Melchizedek? He is the King who rules with the rod of iron, He dashes the nation to pieces who act defiantly towards Him. Do you see the Redeemer of Judah and Israel, "[u][i][b]He will plead their case, that He may give rest to the land...[/b][/i][/u]" Jeremiah 50:34 Do you see our Mediator pleading in behalf of His inheritance?

Think back to the meeting between Abraham and Melchizedek. Abraham had just defeated the kings and then Abraham paid a tithe to Melchizedek. Then the Lord delivered His inheritance from the proud nations. Then the Lord gave rest to His people. Do you see the King with His rod and the Priest with His rest?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/10/17 10:09Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

We know that this precept was established the moment God declared it. We know that the seed of Satan existed in the Old Testament times.

Is. 14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel, and settle them in their own land. The strangers will be joined with them, and they will cling to the house of Jacob. 2 Then people will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them for servants and maids in the land of the LORD; they will take them captive whose captives they were, and rule over their oppressors.

Is. 14:3 It shall come to pass in the day the LORD gives you rest from your sorrow, and from your fear and the hard bondage in which you were made to serve, 4 that you will take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say:
“How the oppressor has ceased,
The golden city ceased!
5 The LORD has broken the staff of the wicked,
The scepter of the rulers;
6 He who struck the people in wrath with a continual stroke,
He who ruled the nations in anger,
Is persecuted and no one hinders.
7 The whole earth is at rest and quiet;
They break forth into singing.
8 Indeed the cypress trees rejoice over you,
And the cedars of Lebanon,
Saying, “Since you were cut down,
No woodsman has come up against us.’
9 “Hell from beneath is excited about you,
To meet you at your coming;
It stirs up the dead for you,
All the chief ones of the earth;
It has raised up from their thrones
All the kings of the nations.
10 They all shall speak and say to you:
“Have you also become as weak as we?
Have you become like us?
11 Your pomp is brought down to Sheol,
And the sound of your stringed instruments;
The maggot is spread under you,
And worms cover you.’
12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
“I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.
16 “Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,
17 Who made the world as a wilderness
And destroyed its cities,
Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’
18 “All the kings of the nations,
All of them, sleep in glory,
Everyone in his own house;
19 But you are cast out of your grave
Like an abominable branch,
Like the garment of those who are slain,
Thrust through with a sword,
Who go down to the stones of the pit,
Like a corpse trodden underfoot.
20 You will not be joined with them in burial,
Because you have destroyed your land
And slain your people.
The brood of evildoers shall never be named.
21 Prepare slaughter for his children
Because of the iniquity of their fathers,
Lest they rise up and possess the land,
And fill the face of the world with cities.”
22 “For I will rise up against them,” says the LORD of hosts,
“And cut off from Babylon the name and remnant,
And offspring and posterity,” says the LORD.
23 “I will also make it a possession for the porcupine,
And marshes of muddy water;
I will sweep it with the broom of destruction,” says the LORD of hosts.
24 The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying,
“Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass,
And as I have purposed, so it shall stand:
25 That I will break the Assyrian in My land,
And on My mountains tread him underfoot.
Then his yoke shall be removed from them,
And his burden removed from their shoulders.
26 This is the purpose that is purposed against the whole earth,
And this is the hand that is stretched out over all the nations.
27 For the LORD of hosts has purposed,
And who will annul it?
His hand is stretched out,
And who will turn it back?”

In Isaiah 14 the Scripture identifies a seed of Satan. He is the king of Babylon, the son of Nebuchadnezzar, Belchazzar.

Now if the seed of Satan existed in men at this time in history why not also the Seed?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/1 15:29Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

If you examined these words in a version which distinguishes between plural and singular ‘second persons’ you might see things a little differently.

[b] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. [/b] (Gen 3:15 KJV) This is a remarkable and mysterious verse. God is speaking to Satan. Although this is often called the first promise of the gospel, in strict terms it is a threat.

1. God declares unending enmity between Satan and Eve and bet
2. God declares unending enmity between Satan’s seed and the woman’s seed. Your version obviously concluded that the woman’s seed is Christ. I think that is right.
3. This single Seed – Christ will bruise Satan’s head
4. Satan will bruise Christ’s heel

This threat, as it stands, is that Eve will be in enmity with Satan, presumably for the duration of her life. And the same enmity would exist between Christ and Satan. This enmity would be resolved in a future ‘bruising’ encounter; plainly the Cross. The reference is to two individuals ‘he’ and ‘thou’.

Quote:
We know that this precept was established the moment God declared it. We know that the seed of Satan existed in the Old Testament times.

What are you thinking of when you say ‘we know that the seed of Satan existed in the Old Testament times’? In the KJV this passage refers to the king of Babylon as a [i]seed of evildoers[/i] [b] Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, thou hast slain thy people; the seed of evil-doers shall not be named for ever. [/b] (Isa 14:20 ASV) but as far as I can see there is no reference to a ‘seed of Satan’.

2004/12/2 7:20Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Ron wrote:

Quote:
What are you thinking of when you say ‘we know that the seed of Satan existed in the Old Testament times’? In the KJV this passage refers to the king of Babylon as a seed of evildoers Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, thou hast slain thy people; the seed of evil-doers shall not be named for ever. (Isa 14:20 ASV) but as far as I can see there is no reference to a ‘seed of Satan’.

I see this example given in Isaiah as an illustration of what becomes of a man who strives for the hopes that Satan creates in men. The nature of Lucifer's disobedience is manifested in the same way, and displayed in the same way by the king of Babylon. Another good example is:

Dan. 11:36 “Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done. 37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. 39 Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain."

The enmity exists between the seed of Satan and the Seed throughout the generations of man.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/5 14:50Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I listened to a David Wilkerson's sermon titled, "Christ our Possesion. This speaks to the nature of God and Savior.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=613

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/5 14:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy