SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 86 Evangelical Leaders Join to Fight Global Warming

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
jimbob

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:

I drive a car, and so I contribute to the pollution. Mind you, I drive a small car, and walk when I can. Yet I am somewhat a slave to existing technology and greedy people – I don’t have a choice – oh, yes, I could join the Amish and ride horse and buggy. Or I could stay home. But God seems to overrule and prods me to drive around and get involved in the lives of people – pollution notwithstanding.

Actually horses produce methane, a green house gas! If every one had a horse, thats like four billion horses, merrily passing green house gas...hmmm

2006/2/9 12:47Profile

Re:

I am a conservationist... but not an environmetalist. I certainly believe that polluting the environment is wrong. However, there is an agenda behind most environmental groups, and it is based on humanistic evolutionary theories.

There are also a lot of lies propogated by the environmental folks. There are holes in the ozone... HOWEVER, there is substantial evidence that the holes have ALWAYS been there and at various times even larger than they are now.

There is no proof of global warming, much less global warming caused by pollution. It is a theory, much like evolution.

I think we as believers need to be about the business of winning souls to the Kingdom of Heaven, not getting caught up in causes that are temporal. Dont pollute, and care for the environment... but beyond that, I think we need to keep focussed on the more important things.

Krispy

2006/2/9 13:21
ccchhhrrriiisss

Save the world?

Hello...!

I believe that taking care of the environment is important. Why? Because it is a gift that God has loaned us for a short time. Remember, "[i]The Earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof[/i]... (Psalm 24:1)." I don't like a dirty, smelly house. So why would I want a dirty, smelly world? I believe that we should be good stewards of what we are entrusted with.

However, I don't believe that the Kyoto Protocol was fashioned in the best interest of the United States. Why? Because there are many industrialized nations that have refused to sign this agreement. China will have nearly 2 billion citizens in the next decade. They are currently the primary strain on the world's energy supply. They also neglect the replenishment of vegetation. Satellite images have shown constant fires burning in southern and central china for years.

I don't want to sound like one of those "[i]neocons[/i]" that are hated so much by the media. The issue is indeed partly economic -- but not as the media portrays. If the Kyoto Protocol is signed, nations that do not sign such an agreement (or do not even attempt to fulfill the criteria) will be placed at a more competitive edge. This would lead to mass inflation in our nation. Jobs will move to continue to move to third world nations, like they have since President Clinton signed a trade agreement with China in 1999. Most of our electronic devices are now built and manufactured in China, Taiwan and Korea. They are cheaper, and would continue to be cheaper if the companies in the United States were forced to follow international governmental regulations (as set by Kyoto). This would lead to inflation that will hurt the middle class in western nations most of all.

However, I have always believe that if Christians protested against [u]abortion[/u] as tenaciously as [u]environmentalists[/u] campaign for the environment -- then perhaps there would be a change in the genocide against unborn children. And could you imagine if believers cared as much about saving the world (people) as much as they desire to save the world (the planet)?

:-(

On a side note, my girlfriend often grows frustrated with me because I often urge her to recycle. I went to her house, and set up recycle bins -- seperating diverse trash cans (glass, plastic, paper, etc...).

2006/2/9 14:00Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

brethren

Quote:
Actually horses produce methane, a green house gas! If every one had a horse, thats like four billion horses, merrily passing green house gas...hmmm

and don't forget the many cows on this earth (and humans too) passing greenhouse gases. i was told some time ago that if anything was to blame for greenhouse gases such as methane, animals passing gas were to blame.*poot poot* cars emit CO2 and water, CO2 is used by plants to make O2 and the water precipitates. i'm beginning to think this whole global warming thing is hot air more than anything. according to some climatologists, the earth's temperature fluccuates cyclically and this is one of those cycles. i think though that we really should have more fuel efficient cars since the technology is available. it's good to see g.m. and ford are getting involved with developing hybrids. finally i'll be able to get a hummer or better yet a collosal ford excursion that gets 19mpg as opposed to 9mpg :-P

2006/2/9 14:07Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Hypocrite?!?!

This reminds me of a guy I ran into on the street. I was speaking to him about things pertaining to life and Godliness and he was getting convicted. Then he asked (what seemed to be random), "what do you drive?" "I drive a 94 Explorer." Then he said something to this effect," You are a sinner! What gives you the right to preach to me when you sin?!" He went on to tell me how hypocritical I was because I drove a vehicle that destroyed the earth and was trying to preach righteousness to him....

2006/2/9 14:32Profile

Re:

I saw a study done about Hybrids, and whether they were more fuel efficient as well as economically efficiant. You would think that if you use less fuel, your gas bill would go down... right? Guess what! You would have to own the car for 10 years before you would begin to see savings in money once you consider the ticket price and the gas mileage and maintenance.

I'm not sold on hybrids. I am all about burning corn alcohol. And in North Carolina... it's already being made. We just need to legalize it! LOL

As for the person on the street who called owning an SUV a sin... Well, we're all sinners. Some of us are just saved by grace and justified before God. Some are not.

Some consider eating at KFC to be a sin. The chicken holocaust.

By the way... I do belong to PETA. ([b]P[/b]eople [b]E[/b]ating [b]T[/b]asty [b]A[/b]nimals!)

Krispy

2006/2/9 14:50

Re:

I don't like saying this, but I'd say, do a Search on "Agenda 21".

I don't like posting big articles and all, that's why I always just say, 'do a search on...'.

Also, I've found, whenever you post an article, that someone doesn't like, they go to the Homepage of that Site to find fault with 'the messenger' ... ya know .... "kill the messenger" type thing.

So this way, if they can do they're own search ... they can decide for themselves how biased they are or not.

I figure, if people are 'really' interested in a subject, of any magnitude at all, they'll do they're own researching ... if not ... then it really isn't worth anyone posting articles or taking the time to. Right ?

2006/2/9 16:39
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...!

Quote:
I saw a study done about Hybrids, and whether they were more fuel efficient as well as economically efficiant. You would think that if you use less fuel, your gas bill would go down... right? Guess what! You would have to own the car for 10 years before you would begin to see savings in money once you consider the ticket price and the gas mileage and maintenance.

Actually, if you consider the [u]real[/u] gas mileage (and not the false mileage that is included on the sticker), and with the increased price of gasoline, and it would take you [b]12 years[/b] to recover the added cost compared with a similar non-hybrid vehicle. However, there are instand and tax rebates available, but I am not sure whether or not they differ from state to state. I was interested in purchasing a Ford Escape Hybrid when I purchased my Ford Escape last year. Let me just say that it didn't take long to decide after seeing the difference in price!
Quote:
Some consider eating at KFC to be a sin. The chicken holocaust.

By the way... I do belong to PETA. (People Eating Tasty Animals!)

I am a healthy carnivore too.

:-)

2006/2/9 16:53Profile

Re: seismograph measuring Magnitudes again.

Quote:

Troublemaker wrote:
I don't like saying this, but I'd say, do a Search on "Agenda 21".

I don't like posting big articles and all, that's why I always just say, 'do a search on...'.

Also, I've found, whenever you post an article, that someone doesn't like, they go to the Homepage of that Site to find fault with 'the messenger' ... ya know .... "[u]kill the messenger[/u]" type thing.

So this way, if they can do they're own search ... they can decide for themselves how biased they are or not.

I figure, if people are 'really' interested in a subject, of any [u]magnitude[/u] at all, they'll do they're own researching ... if not ... then it really isn't worth anyone posting articles or taking the time to. Right ?

Yes, I do feel you're a Troublemaker, Troublemaker, but then again, you do earn the right to repeat yourself when you get to be your age and even to talk to yourself a lot more.

IMO,
Me Again

:-P

2006/2/9 17:04
Compton

Re:

Quote:
By the way... I do belong to PETA. (People Eating Tasty Animals!)

:-P Like they say in the south:"If the good Lord didn't intend for us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"

MC

2006/2/9 17:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy