SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : You will die for your country, but will you die for Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Did I say I was Christ? I think not, but I am a Christ one by the birthing. Colossians 1:27-28 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ ((in)) you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect ((in)) Christ Jesus: This is the Love of the Father and the Love Jesus Christ wants flowing from His Children to the World, but most of all God wants children who love Him first, that is why He sent Christ to die for each one that believes that this Love of Christ might be in each one. Without Christ in me I cannot love God or anyone else the Way God in Christ love us and gave His only begotten Son that we might have life and Love in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The little word in: en en en: Strongs,

a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest.

I am a Christ One, Christian, Christ in me and me in Christ, a new creature, by the prayer of Christ Himself.

Jhn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Jhn 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare [it]: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

We are dead to sin in spirit, how else could Christ be born again in our spirit. Our old man the flesh is learning the Mind of Christ in our soul, since we already have the Mind of Christ in spirit, the Teacher Comforter is renewing our mind to that Mind that is already in us by the birthing.
John 3:5-7 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Born of water: Jhn 4:11 The woman saith unto Him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. Which has never flowed before.

Born of Spirit: Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His (Christ) Seed (Devine Incorruptable Seed) remaineth in him: and He cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth Him that begat loveth Him also that is begotten of Him. Are we born of God by the only begotten?

Our life in the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven to teach us this Gospel which angels desire to see into. By the The other Comforter, Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Who prayed? Was it answered?

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I am not the Christ, but I am of Christ and in Christ and Christ in me. The weaker I become the more He becomes and the more He will come forth as Phillip and the more Phillip will be as Christ, but still Phillip with no one else like me, with my personality and what God intended me to be to Him as my Father, a son as different as all the sands of the sea, but one in Christ by His Nature of God My Father. I can not love without Christ in me. God wanted son's that love Him and only His Only Begotten Son can Love Him with a Love that He can accept. The Love that is Christ in us is the only Love that our Father can receive and until resurrection morning with bodies like Christ, With the Mind of Christ, And The Spirit of Christ are we acceptable to the Father. That is why Christ will present us all that are born again to the Father because He Loved so deeply and died and gave Himself just so He could present Loving children to His Father.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/9 22:27Profile

Re:

Phillip writes.........The Love that is Christ in us is the only Love that our Father can receive and until resurrection morning with bodies like Christ, With the Mind of Christ, And The Spirit of Christ are we acceptable to the Father. That is why Christ will present us all that are born again to the Father because He Loved so deeply and died and gave Himself just so He could present Loving children to His Father.

I am sorry Phillip, I just dont feel like I am talking to a real person. You have a lot of theology, but the statement that you made above is very telling. I know my Heavenly Father, and He knows me. I come boldy, trembling with love and awe before His throne, now. Why?Because He invited me to, not after I die, right now. I love Him, and He loves me. How can I come before the throne?Because Jesus, the waymaker, made a way for me where there was no way. You have something very mixed up. You do not belive that your love is acceptable to your heavenly Father, I have no idea why you do not. You have positional sanctification all mixed up with a true, genuine , loving relationship , right now. Please do not reply to me with systematic theology, just talk to me man. One real person to another. Scriptures were not meant to be hidden behind.

You seem to have some kind of self-dislike which is not healthy. To think that Your heavenly Father cannot recieve your love while you are on this earth is profoundly sad Phillip and certainly not Biblical. Give me your best scripture that backs up that point Phillip, just one, not a dozen conveluted and strung together to make your point. Let me see just a little bit of your heart, share your heart with me brother.
In the beauty of Holiness........Frank

2006/2/9 23:34
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Romans 7:23-25 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I want to love God but He knew I could not. He before the foundation of the world knew this and He predestinated me to be in Christ Jesus that I might have the capacity and ability by the Nature of God Himself in Christ Jesus that He has put in me. Now I can Love God and He can accept it because Christ is my sanctification. I just could not quite reach My Father on my own merits even though I knew I was a saved believer. When I realized because of Christ in me that I was completely acceptable to our Father and could rejoice know, know that God was truly My Father and I could crawl up in His lap and put my head on His shoulder and just Cry because He loved me and I could love Him with the Love of God which I so desperately wanted. He accepted me unconditionally because of what Jesus Had done on the Cross. The Love of Christ in me because of His position as Son making me a son allow me the same baptism into His suffering and also His Glory before the Father. I am dead to sin by Christ and I am alive unto God by Christ. The love I have for God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit now is so much greater and deeper that I ever thought possible while still being a being on this earth. The love I have for them because He love me first is also giving me the ability to love other of my brethren and those who need Christ. I can't say this is the way for every person but it had to be this way for me. I love my Father and am proud to be a son. I love you and am proud to be your brother. Sometimes there is so much love I feel like I will burst and it keeps getting better and better with my daily walk in the One I love as, through, with my Lord and Savior and Friend and Brother and fellow Heir to the Father's House, Jesus Christ, my All in All.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/10 1:52Profile
Eliel

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Confused, much?

From where I sit, you two aren't far apart. You're debating over semantics, when you fundamentally agree.

appolus: If he's in that state, all the better! Your teaching doesn't have to be for all, understandably some who you speak to, in a forum such as this, will be spiritually mature. You don't necessarily need to convert him, or aid him, noble as your aim may be.

I'm not saying he's perfect, nor that he's above reproach, nor fully mature, but that it may not be your place to work on him.

Christinyou: If you're at that point, great! If you can echo Pauls words in Galations 2:20 (be careful that you do not take that as doctrine - it was Paul speaking of himself nothing more), if you can echo that, then great for you. However, there are many who live and work and go to churches, engage in ministry, but aren't taking up their cross, that aren't crucified to the world.

They've been cleaned, they been saved, but the world still fascinates them and hold them enthralled. It is to them that this article is written, as far as I can discern. You do not need to refute the article if you are crucified to the world, but rejoice in it, hoping that more people will be compelled to do so.

I hope and pray this has cleared some things up, and we can move on together in single mind and purpose.

- Matt

2006/2/10 7:16Profile

Re:

After learning about William Tyndale,that's the way I want to go.Someone once said anything not worth dying for is not worth living for.

2006/2/10 7:26

Re:

Hi Phillip
Keep crawling up into his arms man, its the only place to be. I love you brother..........Frank

Be cool Matt, Holy Spirit is working His thing :)

2006/2/10 8:09
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

My reason for posting the Nee quote was because I felt it complemented what you were both saying.

The original post is a great reminder of the need to die to the flesh daily, we all need that encouragement. But it's also important to remember that the method of deliverance is through weakness.

God bless you both,

Ron

2006/2/10 8:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You will die for your country, but will you die for Christ?

Did Christ ever ask us to die for him other than die to the flesh?

2006/2/10 9:04Profile
roadsign

Is chosing to die a noble thing?

Quote:
Did Christ ever ask us to die for him other than die to the flesh?

Hebrews 11:37 ... they were stoned, sawed in two....
Christ did say that it was inevitable for those who chose to live for him.

But choosing to die is not a virtue in itself:
"If I... surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." 1 Cor. 13:3
Diane

2006/2/10 12:17Profile

Re: Is chosing to die a noble thing?

Amen Diane
It is possible that many of us will be called to die for our Lord. I think of the little girl in Columbine who refused to deny Jesus. Actually she is typical of our brothers and sisters down through the ages. It is modern day Christianity that is not typical. As Many of you probably know, the Greek for Martyr and witness is the same.........Frank

2006/2/18 17:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy