Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Wisdom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hredii

Fresno CA

Wisdom

Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

2006/1/16 21:55Profile

Re: Wisdom

James 3:13
“Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom."

James 3:17-18
"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.”

2006/1/16 22:58
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Quote:

Roniya wrote:
James 3:17-18
"But [u]the wisdom that is from above[/u] is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.”

James 1:17 Every good gift and [u]every perfect gift is from above[/u], and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

2006/1/21 18:56Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Proverbs 16:16
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

2006/1/21 18:59Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Wisdom in shoe leather?...

"My boy," said the store owner to his new employee, "wisdom and integrity are essential to the retail business. By 'integrity'I mean if you promise a customer something, you have got to keep that promise-even if it means we lose money."
"And what," asked the teenager, "is wisdom?"
"That," answered the boss, "is not making any stupid promises."

2006/1/21 20:52Profile

Quote:
Wisdom: Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like [b][color=FF9900]apples[/color][/b] of gold in pictures of silver.

2006/1/21 21:00
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2006/1/22 10:45Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Luke 11:9-13
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

2006/2/4 11:38Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Proverbs 1:20-23
[u][b]Wisdom[/b][/u] crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: 21She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, 22How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? 23Turn you at my reproof: behold, [u][b]I will pour out my spirit unto you[/b][/u], I will make known my words unto you.

2006/2/4 11:45Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Ecclesiastes 8:1
a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine,

2006/2/5 8:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy