SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Lordship of Christ aka Holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re: What does God reqire of us?

Does God require holiness of us? Does He require rightousness? Does He require a "godly life". And if so, how does God obtain this from us?

When God created Adam, He gave him no commandments regarding holiness or rightousness. Rather He created Adam in His image and Likeness, placed him before the Tree of life and said, "freely eat".

God's intention for man was that we eat Him taking Him in as our Life, our sustanence, our all.

Jesus said, "Labor not for the food that perishes but for that which abides forever.

They asked Him what the work of God was, Jesus said, "This is the work of God, that you believe on Me..."

They asked him for this abiding food. Christ said, "I am the bread of Life".

Christ is the bread of Life. And He is the embodiment of God. And it is only by eating Him, taking Him in and assimilating Him that we are constituted with Him as our holiness, our rightousness, and our godlyness.

There is only One Holy, righteouse, and Godly Life. It is the Very Life of Christ Himself. And apart from Him and His indwelling Life we have absolutely no capacity to produce, or live or express holiness, rightousness, or godlyness. And what we do produce as a product of our self effort is wood, hay and stubble. It is at best a sad immitation of the genuine holiness which God desires.

But when we are constituted with Christ, what we express is the holiness of Christ Himself. It has nothing of self rightousness. But rather it is the expression of the Living Christ in a broken vessel.

Our work is to eat Him. Our work is to labor daily to obtain this food, assimilate Him and Live by Him.

Graftedbranch

2006/1/18 17:12Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen,

Jhn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Jhn 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jhn 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

Jhn 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Let us dine in Heavenly Places In Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior and our all. This is truly the Lords Supper.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/1/18 17:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy