Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : IHOP

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

IHOP

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Mike Bickle's International House of Prayer ministry? Maybe some experiences with their events, training and internship programs, or perhaps you've attended one of their conferences?

Thanks in advance for any input you could offer.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/1/10 11:42Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re: IHOP

I have had many experiences with thier ministry out there. What do u need to know?

2006/1/10 11:48Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: IHOP

Hi Ron,

I have been to IHOP a few times to see Art Katz who came to speak. It is a place that has prayer service going 24/7 as I understand it and is often filled with younger folks as well as older adults. I have not made it a practice to go out there (it is not far from me) as I have never felt the Lord leading me there. I know there are lots of stories and issues from the past and maybe even the present; but I have refrained from criticizing any organization with that level of dedication to intercession. This is a HUGE facility that takes up an entire strip mall, so its not just a hand full of folks gathering together (which I don't despise by any means either.) I suppose I am just saying that a lot of prayer and intercession is going up and that has to mean something. I have also encountered folk from this organization working the streets feeding and ministering to the homeless at the notorious Jurassic Park in KC. Some of their youth a very much on fire and like all 'new born' believers need discipled, wisdom, and direction.

As far as Mike Bickle I am not sure. I know there are many people who feel that God truly led him to make preparation for revival. Some say he is false and others think he is just human. It depends on the prespective. I do like the emphasis of the movement early on: unwavering faith, extravagent giving to the poor, ongoing prayer, etc. Beyond that I would have to yield to others who have more intimate knowledge.

God Bless,

-Robert

2006/1/10 12:04Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
What do u need to know?

What areas of their ministry have you been involved with, overall impressions, likes and dislikes.

Also, thanks for the input Robert.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/1/10 12:22Profile
Conqueror

Re:

I have some familiarity with Bickle. I am on the tail end of his Song of Songs study and intend to tackle his study on David afterwards.

I believe his material on growing a passionate relationship with Christ, and realizings God's passion for us is second to none.

I have a few dear friends, and the pastor of my conservative southern baptist church attend a couple of IHOP's conferences and have come back refreshed and ready to keep pursuing.

They have another conference on "Intimacy with Jesus" in March that I would like to attend.

Now, that said...I will say that some of the other stuff like prophecy and healing makes me a little uneasy...but honestly I think that comes from a lack of experience than anything else. Bickle has made some claims about his spiritual life as well that made my jaw drop. I won't go into specifics. I won't say I believe or disbelieve but am open minded as long as its inline with scripture. I will say that some of the "miraculous" things he talks about could easily become as common place as he puts them if I spent nearly as much time in prayer as he and IHOP does.

2006/1/10 15:24Profile

Re:

Man... I thought this was gonna be about pancakes. :-P

Krispy

2006/1/10 16:04
YY

California

Re:

Anybody had experience with his [Revelation] study and teaching? I'd attended a conference where he taught about the book of Revelation as a guest speaker.

I still have the study material but haven't spend time reading it thoroughly. He believes that the book of Revelation is not only for scholars but for every Christian to read and understand, esp. as end time draws close. (I happen to agree with this point.) He also said that he believe most of Revelation was written literally.

2006/1/10 16:30Profile
Conqueror

Re:

I have some of his studies on Revelation...but can't comment too much on it since I have only glanced over them.

a couple things...

He loves the book of Revelation as a view of worship in heaven...

and he is definitely a post tribber.

2006/1/10 16:33Profile
spules

Re:

I had the privilege of attending a "Harp and Bowl" conference a few years ago and it was life transforming! I have been a Christian most of my life and was never introduced to prayer and worship as I experienced it there. The emphasis on praying the Scriptures is awesome! Mike Bickle is a humble man with a passion for Jesus and knowing Him in intimacy as our Heavenly Bridegroom. The ministry has a strong emphasis on the Bridal paradigm. I strongly endorse and support this ministry.

2006/1/10 21:48Profile

Re:

I think Mike Bickle is a sincere man, however I have some very serious issues with his theology. For that matter, I have some very serious issues with all of those KC Prophet fellows.

I was once a part of a church that was connected with the KC Prophets and Morning Star Ministries... and I would recommend that people run, not walk, away from them.

Krispy

2006/1/11 10:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy