Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : "the gift of tears" -paul cain

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
is this the same "prophet" paul cain that is living in homosexuality and drunkeness?
i realllly hope not...

If so be that it is, is it not the more reason to weep for these days? I think of the Psalmist:

[i]"Thy glory, O Israel, is slain upon thy high places! How are the mighty fallen!"
"Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Ashkelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised exult."

"Ye mountains of Gilboa, let there be no dew or rain upon you, nor upsurging of the deep! For there the shield of the mighty was defiled, the shield of Saul, not anointed with oil. From the blood of the slain, from the fat of the mighty, the bow of Jonathan turned not back, and the sword of Saul returned not empty."

"Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely! In life and in death they were not divided; they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions."

"Ye daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you daintily in scarlet, who put ornaments of gold upon your apparel."

"How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! "Jonathan lies slain upon thy high places. I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women."

"How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished!"[/i] (2 Samuel 1:19-27 RSV)

2006/1/4 13:26Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

L. Ravenhill always said revival has never come without tears.

2006/1/4 14:33Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Here's an old Keith Green sold entitled "My Eyes are Dry" that fit this thread.

My eyes are dry
My faith is old
My heart is hard
My prayers are cold
And I know how I ought to be
Alive to you and dead to me

But what can be done
For an old heart like mine
Soften it up
With oil and wine
The oil is you, your spirit of love
Please wash me anew
With the wine of your blood

EDIT: And yet another Keith Green on the same CD entitled "Asleep in the Light." The Holy Spirit has used this song to repeatedly convict my heart.

Do you see, do you see
All the people sinking down
Don’t you care, don’t you care
Are you gonna let them drown

How can you be do numb
Not to care if they come
You close your eyes
And pretend the job’s done

Oh bless me lord, bless me lord
You know it’s all I ever hear
No one aches, no one hurts
No one even sheds one tear

But he cries, he weeps, he bleeds
And he cares for you needs
And you just lay back
And keep soaking it in
Oh can’t you see it’s such a sin

’cause he brings people to you door
And you turn them away
As you smile and say
God bless you, be at peace
And all heaven just weeps
’cause jesus came to you door
You’ve left him out on the streets

Open up open up
And give yourself away
You see the need, you hear the cries
So how can you delay

God’s calling and you’re the one
But like Jonah you run
He’s told you to speak
But you keep holding it in
Oh can’t you see it’s such sin

The world is sleeping in the dark
That the church just can’t fight
’cause it’s asleep in the light
How can you be so dead
When you’ve been so well fed
Jesus rose from the grave
And you, you can’t even get out of bed

Oh, Jesus rose from the dead
Come on get out of your bed

How can you be so numb
Not to care if they come
You close your eyes
You close your eyes

Don’t close your eyes
Don’t pretend the jobs done
Come away, come away, come away with me my love
Come away, come away, come away with me my love

2006/1/4 17:31Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
My eyes are dry
My faith is old
My heart is hard
My prayers are cold
And I know how I ought to be
Alive to you and dead to me

I have found in my life that its at times that God brings us into personal revival we will become utterly real with God and everyone else. Away with the pretense. You just seem to tell it like it is- even if your telling on yourself when your in revival.

2006/1/4 18:06Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: "the gift of tears" -paul cain

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

" How long has it been since you or I have groaned all night long?

2007/8/4 16:28Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
How long has it been since you or I have groaned all night long?

"God looks upon milions and milions of christians to find [b][u]one[/u][/b] that weeps for souls [b]apart[/b] from their own soul.
Tell me sir, have you ever wept for anybody else’s soul but your own?
Tell me, can the devil take and make a ring around you and can he really do it tonight, a circle around you and say:
'Outside of this circle every prayer, every grown, that came from the heart in prayer to God was not for anyone else but himself! And if he prayed for anybody else, it is just because they affected him immediately and it is the only reason that he prayed for anybody else.
Every tear that ever wept his eyes and he grown of compassion left his heart was for himself.
Outside of the circle I’ve never prayed like that for anybody but me. O, God sees tears when you pray and weep for yourself and your own problems, but tell me, since you have been saved from hell and trusted with the Gospel, and inlighted in the knoweledge of the Gospel, how many people’s blood is in your hand sir? How many did you walk passed you didn’t even say a prayer for them, you didn’t have compassion, you went to bed without blinking an eye without thinking 'I have done anything wrong' though you could have brought people to Christ….
You never growned…
-Keith Daniel (quoted from [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4227]My Godly Father[/url] ~57min)

2007/8/4 16:53Profile

Re:

awesome!!!

2007/8/4 18:27
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
is this the same "prophet" paul cain that is living in homosexuality and drunkeness?

I wonder if this is perhaps a post from the time before the prophetic movement apostasised.
Leonard Ravenhill preached at the Anaheim convention in 1989 (I think) and brought the congregation to tears of repentance. He made a couple of endorsing references to Mike Bickle and Paul Cain.

Now we have a diffent picture with the prophetic movement having widly gone astray. The Toronto Blessing had dulled many believers sense for the Holy Spririt and lulled many a charismatic into a spiritual slumber.

I do find this article very inspiring and true. I am often moved to tears myself, but not so much when I am in intercession but more when I encounter God's mercy.

It is just such a mystery to me how many who were faithful servants of the Lord in times past experienced sprititual and moral shipwreck.

Philip

2007/8/4 20:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy