SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 5

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

[i]"The one thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history" [b]Leonard Ravenhill[/b][/i]

2005/12/4 11:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Every Minister ought to know that if the prayer meetings are neglected, all his labors are in vain."
-Charles Finney

2005/12/6 20:37Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

“Give a man wealth; let his ships bring home continually rich freights; let the winds and waves appear to be his servants to bear his vessels across the bosom of the mighty deep; let his lands yield abundantly; let the weather be propitious to his crops, and the skies smile pleasantly upon his enterprise;let uninterrupted success attend him; let him stand among men as a successful merchant,allow him with braced nerve and brilliant eye, to march through the world, and live happily; give him the buoyant spirit; let him have the song perpetually on his lips, and his eye be ever sparkling with joy:—the happy, happy man who laughs at care, and cries, "Begone, dull care, I prithee begone from me." I say the consequence of such a state to a man, let him be the best Christian who ever breathed, will be presumption; and he will say, "I stand" we should dream "we stand;" and stand we should, but it would be upon a pinnacle; stand we might, but hike the man asleep upon the mast, each moment we should be in jeopardy. We bless God, then, for our afflictions; we thank him for our depressions of spirit; we extol his name for the losses of our property; for we feel that had it not so happened to us, had he not chastened us every morning, and vexed us every evening, we might have become too secure. Continued worldly prosperity is a fiery trial!” Charles Spurgeon

2005/12/7 0:58Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re: Great Quotes 5

"Does God answer prayers? No! God answers desperate prayers!"
-Leonard Ravenhill

2005/12/7 4:02Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Stop trying to justify what you need to crucify.

Hope

2005/12/7 6:28Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Here's two on denying ourselves

"Denying ourselves and taking up our cross isn't a little side issue--it is absolutely necessary to becoming or continuing to become a disciple of Jesus." John Wesley

"Death to self is the only entrance into the Church of the living God; and nothing but God can give this death, and that alone through the inward work of the cross of Christ by His Spirit made real in the soul." William Law

2005/12/7 12:18Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

We may search in vain the corridors of our own hearts and the drafty corners of our souls. We will not find a spark upon our hearth, unless it is some strange fire of natural desires, which will not do. No, the fire that thaws the iciness of the heart must come from heaven-a gift from God, who is a 'consuming fire.'

-William Gurnall

2005/12/7 12:21Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"Think twice before you use your intelligence to invent new sins! You may provoke God to new punishments. Sodom devised a new way to sin, so God devised a new way to discipline them: He sent hell from above upon them."

-William Gurnall

2005/12/7 12:22Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Victorious Christian Life by Tozer

"The victorious Christian neither exalts nor downgrades himself. His interests have shifted from self to Christ. What he is or is not no longer concerns him. He believes that he has been crucified with Christ and he is not willing either to praise or deprecate such a man." A.W. Tozer

2005/12/7 12:22Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re: Victorious Christian Life by Tozer

I think this should be a terror to an unconverted soul, to think he is a burden to the creation. "Cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground" (Luke 13:7). If inanimate creatures could but speak, your food would say, "Lord, must i nourish such a wretch as this, and yield forth my strength for him, to dishonor Thee? No, i will choke him rather, if Thou wilt give commission." The very air would say, "Lord, must i give this man breath, to set his tongue against heaven, and scorn Thy people, and vent his pride and wrath, and filthy talk, and belch out oaths and blasphemy against Thee? No, if Thou wilt but say the word, he shall be breathless for me." His poor beast would say, "Lord, must i carry him upon his wicked designs? No, i will break his bones, i will end his days rather, if i may have but leave from Thee." A wicked man; the earth groans under him, and hell groans for him, till death satisfies both. While the Lord of Hosts is against you, be sure the host of the Lord is against you.

-Joseph Alleine

2005/12/7 12:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy