SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 5

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

“Divine movements have their birthplace in the heart of Diety. But whenever God predisposes the inauguaration of a period of blessing intended for the uplift of humanity, His church in particular, multitudes of His chosen ones throughout the earth, become mysteriously burdened with the birth-pangs of new era. Intercessions are stained with crimson of a splendid agony. Undoubtedly at such a time, God’s people pass throuhg their Gethsemane. Throughout the world there are now many thousands of devout Christians yearning passionately for a great spiritual awakening, convinced that only a mighty effusion of the Holy Spirit among the tormented nations can produse the turning point in the history of this distracted planet.”

-David Matthews(I Saw the Welsh Revival)

2006/6/7 10:55Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

An empty Christian talks out of his head, but a Spirit-filled Christian talks out of his heart. The Holy Spirit does not live in our brains but in our heart. A head religion will talk anything, but a heart religion talks Jesus and the Holy Spirit." – John T. Hatfield

2006/6/7 10:58Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

It is no little salvation that Jesus Christ came to work out for us. It is a 'great salvation,' and it saves. Hallelujah! It is not a pretense. It is not a 'make believe.' It is a real salvation from all sin and uncleanness; from all doubt and fear; from all guile and hypocrisy; from all malice and wrath. Bless God! - Samuel Brengle

2006/6/7 12:34Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

The long arm of the law is an ever-present threat to those who are living sinfully, but, [b]when a man is dead[/b], the books are closed on any claim that the law might have against him. So it is with those that are dead to sin; the wrath of the law can no longer touch him. George E. (Jed) Smock (a long time street preacher I met 20+ years ago)

2006/6/9 11:56Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

I should not like you, if meant by God to be a missionary to die a millionaire.I should not like it, were you fitted to be a missionary, that you should drivel down to be a king.
What are all your kings, all your nobles, all your diadems, when you put them together, compared with the dignity of winning souls to Christ, with the special honor of building for Christ, not on another man's foundation, but preaching Christ's Gospel in regions far beyond?
-C.H.Spurgeon (message to his son)

2006/6/9 12:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"It is impossible to be a true soldier of Jesus Christ and not fight."
-J. Gresham Machen

2006/6/11 17:55Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Great Quotes 5

When we look at the history of the Church, at the reckless fashion in which we have squandered our strength and time in fratricidal struggles between sect and sect, in embittered bickerings over matters often of secondary moment, while the world about us lies unwon, and the Church's great commission remains plainly unfulfilled, surely we can understand that outburst of Erasmus, when he cried that he wished that we would cease from our disputings altogether, and put all that energy and zeal that we are wasting upon them into the carrying of the Gospel to the heathen! Or recall the infinite pains that have been taken, down the centuries, to preserve minute orthodoxy in all points of mental belief while ugly evils flaunt along the streets and are accepted meekly as part of the makeup of things! Or recollect how easy it is to assume that we, ourselves, are Christian people. Why? Oh, well, just the usual reasons: we say our prayers, when we are not too sleepy; and we come to church, when there is nothing much to do; and so, of course, there is no doubt of it, although our tempers may remain uncurbed, and our characters are not the least like Jesus Christ's, nor growing any nearer it! Do we not need that solemn warning that Christ gives us when He tells us bluntly that many people lose their lives and souls, because they are always laying the emphasis and stress on the wrong points?
... A. J. Gossip (1873-1954), The Galilean Accent [1926],
p. 236-7

2006/6/11 19:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, GIVE ME REVIVAL in my soul and in my church and in my nation - or GIVE ME DEATH!" -Anonymous

2006/6/15 23:35Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

How can a humble God walk with a proud people? That's why He wants to make you humble, He wants to walk with you! He wants to dwell in you! He wants you to be the house in which He would dwell and live and move and express Himself in the earth and in the heavens!
-George H.Warnock

2006/6/19 12:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Doubt is having faith in Satan."
-C.H. Spurgeon

2006/6/19 20:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy