SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved Always Saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
But we can say that the result of being regenerated is that a person starts to live a holy life. Just like that ‘works’ is the natural result out of faith so is a holy life out of regeneration, but both not our salvation which only lies in Christ.

Amen. Regeneration brings the life of God into us and this life is holy. This Life is God Himself. Regeneration resurrects our dead human spirit and brings the Life of God into us making us children of God with His Life and His Nature. And His Nature is holy.

The more this Life grows in us, the more this life is expressed in us, in our living, in our demeanor, in our choices, in our thoughts, in our emotions. God is expressed in us and we live Him out.

We can't make ourselves holy by determining to do this or that or stop doing this or that, or by acting in a "holy manor". We become holy by feeding on Christ in His Word, by Loving Him, by contacting Him and experiencing Him as our indwelling Life.

Any other kind of holiness is a cheap imitation.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/29 12:48Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Will anyone testify of the Law of the Spirit of Christ? Will anyone speak about what this law has freed them from?

Yes brother, the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 7-8:3 gives us 4 laws.

1. The Law of God
2. The Law of good in our mind
3. The Law of sin in our flesh
4. The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.

The Law of God corosponds to the law of good in our minds. We see the Law of God and say, yes this is good, I want to live this way.

But the Law of sin in our flesh rises up and takes us captive so that we don't do the good we determined to do.

But Hallaluah, the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death.

And Hallaluah, that now, as we walk in the spirit and by the Spirit we experience this wonderful overcomming law of Life and the rightouse requirement of the law is fulfilled in us as we walk by the Spirit.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/29 12:58Profile
roadsign

The deception of man's controlling doctrines

After some thinking, I have come to believe that there are two very dangerous deceptions: 1. That OSAS is true, and 2. that OSAS is false.

It is an evil to hand out eternal assurance policies willy-nilly – to all who fit into our perception of “saved”. That leads a lot of people into delusions about themselves and about God. Really it is like having a ticket straight to hell.

It is also an evil to promote a God (god) who loves only conditionally. This leads people to bondage to works, insecurity, neurosis, etc. This keeps all the psychiatrists in business. It leaves victims easily persuaded through guilt. And it keeps countless from every trusting in God’s atonement (which is sufficient!). Thus, it is also leads people to hell.

Both these deceptions have been a very powerful way to keep people loyal to church. And isn’t that what those who run churches want: the allegiance of the masses?

The Pharisees adhered to both sides: That OSAS is true, and that OSAS is false. These beliefs preserved their sense of identity as God’s Chosen, and it kept the people jumping to their tune. (ie: Laws)

I ask, what really is inconsistent: the Word, or man’s word about the Word?

Jesus was often asked theological questions. Did you notice that they were closed-ended questions? That is, they required a yes or no answer. Jesus did not check off one of the two boxes. He did not let the questions control him. Instead, he went straight to the heart of the matter – their conscience. And today, he does the same thing. It’s all there in Scripture, all those verses about what it REALLY means to be a follower of Christ, and all the warnings about perseverance to the end.

Jesus had a very effective way of saying: Mind your own business. Examine yourself before you try to figure out the others.

I think that the following question heads us in that direction:

Quote:
Will anyone testify of the Law of the Spirit of Christ? Will anyone speak about what this law has freed them from?

There is a difference between those who hear and those who imagine.

Yes, yes, there is a difference. However, our deception (imagination) can get us to believe just about anything about ourselves. We can easily be seduced by the power of suggestion ( and oh, how good pastors can be at that). I can say that, because I’ve been there. It took a major personal upheaval for me to discover the difference, and oh, how thankful that God brought me through the pain of discovering it – a huge shock, indeed.

Gaining liberty from the bondage of man’s crazy doctrines and finding freedom in Christ is worth any cost.
Diane

2005/11/29 13:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jimbob wrote,

Quote;

I'm sorry, but if you believe that your good behavior in any way maintains your relationship to Him, then essentially you are no different than a Roman Catholic, no matter what else you may believe.

It's not my good behavior, but it The Behavior of Christ in me. Jesus Christ is the only good behavior that is in me, all else if as dirty, filthy rags. I don't take Christ with me every where I go, but He takes me with Him everywhere He leads me. Christ at the Cross was just the beginning of His Work, that to give birth to each one that the Holy Spirit would convict and prompt to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. If we allow Him to become our all, it will be Him in us doing greater works that He has already done, not because of us in any way but because of Him in every way. That is our problem we are looking for ways to be better Christians, when He has already accomplished it by His own Seed that is birthed in us. We must become less every day and He must become more then we will be strong in the Church by the Power of His strength. Give up and let God do the work of His Son in us. Not me but Him. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2005/11/29 13:50Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

My definition of faith is believing God's Word, especially his written Word and in doing that the Word or Jesus. Whoever believes in Jesus shall have everlasting life. {John 3:16}. We are justified by faith as Luther said, but why stop there.

It has been said that Luther did not believe that the book of James should be in the bible. It seems to me that Luther's opinion was because the group of verses below.

Jam 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

Jam 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jam 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

Jam 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jam 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Jam 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Jam 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Jam 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Jam 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

It was only through the witness of certain Christian people's lives that brought evidence to me that this life in Christ is real. It wasn't what they said that brought this witness to me, it was what they did. I was in a jail and was visited and soon after in a hospital and was visited there also. Others showed compassion towards me in the terrible sin condition that I was in. These things softened my heart.

Your works won't get you to heaven, but they may make the way for someone else to believe.

Works aren't going to make you regenerated, but if you don't have works you aren't regenerated. You are no longer alive in Christ, you are dead.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/11/29 13:54Profile
jimbob

Re:

Phillip,

I agree with your above statement 100%. I believe we get into trouble when we look to outward works to judge others. Every time we start to judge others we are heaping judgement on ourselves. This type of judgement is going on constantly on these threads. If all who post on these threads would truly see the gravity of their own sin and their constant need of their Saviour, the finger pointing might stop for a minute.

But it won't....

2005/11/29 14:24Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

It's kinda easy to judge others on SI, its not always that possible to see someone's heart through posts or someone's reason for posting it.

2005/11/29 15:24Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
The Law of God corosponds to the law of good in our minds. We see the Law of God and say, yes this is good, I want to live this way.

But the Law of sin in our flesh rises up and takes us captive so that we don't do the good we determined to do.

Romans 7

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

Only the law of the Spirit of Christ will enable you to know "how to perform what is good." Paul teaches that the carnal mind is not able to know the ways of God. O wretched man that I am, this is what the Spirit of Christ teaches us. What is Pauls solution to overcoming the carnal mind?

Romans 8

6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

The only way?

11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

This is the light of life.

Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

The testimony of Jesus is given to those who hear these words:

Matthew 11

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

The Spirit gives us the ability to know how to perform what the carnal mind cannot.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/29 15:31Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Gary quoted:

Quote:
Jam 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

Our path creates the evidence of what we hope for. It is Christ who says:

Is. 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.

This is how He frees us from the bondage of our carnal minds.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/29 15:41Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Graftedbranch,

Quote:

Any other kind of holiness is a cheap imitation.

It's almost funny (actually not at all) how there is cheap imitation for each of Gods perfect things. And sad that most people 'buy this' imitation stuff.

Hell is no imitation of Gods presence not being there. :-(
Thanks for your reply!

2005/11/29 15:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy