SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved Always Saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Abraham did not have the Faith of the Son of God in Him. That is why God had to recon Abraham's obedience to Him as righteousness.

"Galatians 3:6-10 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for rightousness. Know then that they which are of faith, these are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, forseeing that God would justify the Gentiles out of faith, announced the gospel beforehand to Abraham: "In you shall all nations be blessed." So then they who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

For as many as are of the works of law are under a curse; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all the things written in the book of the law to do them..."

Abraham was justified out of faith.

Even in the Old Testament men were justified out of faith. The Law came in because of transgression as a child conducter to bring us to faith in Chirst.

But justification is not regeneration. That is, to be justified is to be accounted rightouse. It is to have rightousness imputed to us. Abraham was justified out of faith and was accounted rightouse.

Regeneration and the New Birth are on the basis of justification and the product of the Lord's crucifixion and resurrection.

Abraham was accounted rightouse on the basis of the Lord's comming incarnation, crucifixion and redeeming death. And the "gospel was preached prophetically before hand to him in the Promise.

In the Old Testament we have the gospel in types, shadows, figures, and prophecy. In the New Testamant we have the reality and the fulfillment.

In order for the Lord to regenerate us, to indwell us as our Life and to make us sons of God not just in standing but in life and nature, He had to come into the world, be made flesh, be crucified, and resurrect and be glorified in order to impart Himself into us as Eternal Life.

The Old Testamant saints had the promise of eternal Life but not the Life itself. They did not possess the indwelling Eternal Life of God in Christ as their Life. They were not one spirit with the Lord. He filled them, empowered them, accomplished His purposes in them, and through the Spirit He fellowshiped with them in much the same way as we have today but He was not their Life. They were not One spirit with the Lord (1 cor. 6:17).

Graftedbranch

2005/12/10 10:18Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
Is the Old covenant the same as the New and nothing has been changed?

The purpose of the old covenant was to teach about sin and that all are condemned by the old covenant. We know that nothing is made perfect by the laws given on Mount Sinai. Only God's provision of mercy and grace through His Promise does one escape the effects of the Old Covenant.

Ezek. 18:30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord GOD. “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord GOD. “Therefore turn and live!”

It was never God's will that any should perish. If this is true how does God enable men to overcome the effects of the Old Covenant?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/13 11:47Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother GB wrote:

Quote:
Is Christ's incarnation, death and resurrection of no signifigance? Did He accomplish nothing that was unaccomplished before?

All of this was accomplished before Adam was created in His image. One must be able to distinguish between the "work of God" and the revelation of the mystery. The revelation of Christ gives more understanding of what has always been. Thus God's requirements become greater as the revelation becomes clearer.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/13 11:52Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
"The Life we now live we live by the Faith of The Son of God, Who has been Born Again in those that Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Not that God would give Abraham back his son Jacob in the resurrection of the dead, but God provided the Ram in the thicket as the sacrifice instead of Jacob. The Ram is a perfect picture or What Jesus would do for us on the Cross if we believe. We no longer have to die for our sin, but live to God by the Christ that is in us.

Psa. 1:1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

There is the congregation of the righteous that is planted by the rivers of water that brings forth fruit in season. According to Scripture which covenant can only bring forth righteousness?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/13 12:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

""All of this was accomplished before Adam was created in His image. One must be able to distinguish between the "work of God" and the revelation of the mystery. The revelation of Christ gives more understanding of what has always been. Thus God's requirements become greater as the revelation becomes clearer.""

There is a plan, it exists in the mind of the Planner, but the battle has not been fought. If the battle is never fought the plan is just a plan and the war is still there. The Plan from before the beginning of the world was to use man who is a little bit lower than the Angels to prove to all creation that God is perfect and His Love is perfect and anybody that challenges this will be shown accordingly that God is right. In This Plan God wanted to have son's, He has always wanted son's, but they in His creating would always rebel against Him so His Plan included the only solution to His Plan and that was to put Himself and His nature in the creation and He chose Man to be the receiver of this nature. He brought forth a Son of His own loins, and He was the express image of Himself and was All that He was in nature and essence and Love and Perfection. For God to be justified in Making this Person the Justification of the race of humans that would make them his true son's, He Killed this only begotten Son as a sacrifice and an atonement by the shedding of His blood that all might saved, but some would not believe what He had done and would be lost. They would choose to follow another created being who was higher than they, in who they would believe a lie, for this created being wanted to be God also, so he lied to the lower creation and got them to believe him instead of God. Since they chose whom they would believe that liar became their father for he new that God wanted to be a Father. We know the rest of the story and it is still being worked out in the Plan of God and will continue until God has proven without anyone being able not to see the truth, that he is right. This is real and it is a war that is still being fought and will be until all of God's Plan is finished. What happened at the Cross is real and it is a place in time that all is being shown to all concerned and will ultimately be the means that all will see This Son that Was Crucified for all, that all might become son's of God. The ones that have not accepted this truth will at a certain point in the Plan, know without a any question that Jesus Christ is the total of this Plan and every knee will bow and every mind confess that Jesus Christ is God and He is the Brother to all son's that believed That God is His Father and ours'.

There is a plan and it is unfolding and all will be accomplished as God wants. But you cannot say that all had the same choice before the Cross as those since the Cross. All that died to bring forth this Plan would have died in vane. And nothing would continue to be accomplished in the Plan. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father's House as son's. In the Mind of God He always was and always will be. We must go through this plan to be able to have a position in this House that Jesus Christ is preparing a place for all those that believe that He is the Son of God.

In Christ: Phillip

2005/12/16 0:10Profile
onyamiba

Re: Once Saved Always Saved

Paul asked: "Who shall separate us from the love of God...?"

I answer: "NO ONE, except ourselves!! You're saved, doesn't mean you're now a robot!"

Conclusion:

Paul replies: Take heed, Brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil Heart of Unbelief, in departing from the Living God; But exhort one another daily, while it is called to day, lest any of you be hardened through the Deceitfulness of Sin [Heb. 4:12-13].

Let us labour therefore to enter into that Rest, lest any man fall after the same Example of Unbelief [Heb. 4:11].

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the Heavenly Gift, and were made Partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good Word of God, and the Powers of the World to come; If they shall fall away; to renew them again unto Repentance, seeing they crucifie to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame [Heb. 6:4-6].

Looking diligently, lest any man fail of the Grace of God, lest any root of Bitterness springing up, trouble you, and thereby many be defiled [Heb. 12:15].

My response: OSAS, Please lets be real, get your lives together, "without holiness NO one shall see God..." What makes you think you're exempt from this statement, I care not a straw how any doctrine defines or explains this statement, scripture is as clear as crystal.

Thank you all, and may we continue to labor to the cross daily, in long-suffering, patience, persecution and love.

2005/12/16 6:52Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

""My response: OSAS, Please lets be real, get your lives together, "without holiness NO one shall see God..." What makes you think you're exempt from this statement, I care not a straw how any doctrine defines or explains this statement, scripture is as clear as crystal.""

No one is exempt, that is why Christ died on the Cross. I certaintly cannot make myself holy. The Christ in me is the only holliness I have.
By His Holliness is my holliness, He is the one that makes the things pleasing to our Father not by my works lest any man should boast, but by the works that Christ does through me. Paul also said I can do nothing of myself, and how are we going to do anything that does not keep me in debt to who I was, A Sinner, Saved By Jesus Christ giving His Life a ransome for my life, I can do nothing of myself to change my status as a Lost Sinner, Only the Christ in me can do that. That is why Paul stated I can do all things through and in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:12-13 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I can do nothing to break this grasp that sin has on me. Only Christ can do what is necessary to set me free. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:23-25 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

His works in and through me are the only works that are pleasing to the Father. If I am born again God will not abort me. He has promised He will never leave me or forsake me. That is good enough for me, He has saved me and He will keep me. We can chase our own works as much as we want but none of them will make us born again, only A Father give Seed for Birth, And that is who is birthed in me The Father's Seed the incorruptable Seed of Jesus Christ who is God Himself. Amen.

2005/12/16 14:13Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
There is a plan, it exists in the mind of the Planner, but the battle has not been fought. If the battle is never fought the plan is just a plan and the war is still there

If one believes in the doctrine of the Trinity how does this impact the Deity of Christ before He became man? Was His position within the Trinity something less than what He is now?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/12/16 20:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Absoultly Not.

Christ is God and He always was and always will be. He manifest Himself on the Cross as all man and all God. His manifestation of a man is the only shed blood of a man to shed blood, for there is no remission of sin without the shedding blood. God could not accept the blood of animals to take away sin for a man. The Blood of the Testator is the only Blood God can accept that would take away sin, that is why it only had to be done once for all. It had to be or the Plan could not work, it took a time and a place of that shed Blood. Then God appointed Paul who revealed the mystery of Christ in you the Hope of Glory, or it could not be so. Before it happened it was just a plan, after it happened it was a fact. That is why the life I now live I live by the Faith of the Son of God that is Born Again in me, before it was a fact it could not be.

The war has been won and the defeated one is still trying to take with him all he can. The choice in no longer in his hands but in whom the war was won for. Now all that must happen is each person must believe in the Winner.

2005/12/16 22:02Profile
CyberCarbon

From What? and by Who

The trouble with Once Saved always saved, is the person making the Judgment. Do you worship a god or God?

2005/12/17 0:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy