SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

In Luke 24:

45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

What does this say about the means by which God has ordained for His children? Why did Jesus breathe the Holy Spirit upon them? What is the result of His action?

49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high

When Jesus said,"Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you," He at that moment in time gave them the Promise. What was the result of receiving "the Promise of My Father?"

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/18 12:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This is the word in John 20: 1720. emphusao
Search for G1720 in KJVSL
emjusaw emphusao em-foo-sah'-o

from 1722 and phusao (to puff) (compare 5453); to blow at or on:--breathe on.

See Greek 1722
See Greek 5453

That is why they were waiting in the upper room for the Holy Spirit to come and give the power of the Holy Spirit within them. That is why the tongues of fire appeared on them to signify as an outward showing what had just happened, receiving the power of the promise Jesus has made to them.

Luke 24:49 Is the interpretation of John 20:, I am giving you the promise of the Holy Spirit which is upon you and with you but will be in you. That is why they began to speak in all languages that needed to be spoken of the 12 that all could be understood in their own language and the crowd not understanding how this could be, for they are all drunk, and Peter assured them they were not. This is the power of the Holy Spirit in it giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Jews. Repent and be baptized, Paul brought the message of Christ in you the Hope of Glory, believe and you will be saved, which he said was the final Gospel to fulfill the Word of God and Paul even called it his Gospel, the Word of God. Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

In Christ: Phillip

2005/11/18 15:22Profile
rookie

Re:

Job 32:

8 But there is a spirit in man,
And the breath of the Almighty gives him understanding.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/18 18:08Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Sorry Brother Phillip. But the Spirit at Pentecost was "upon them". "You shall recieve power after that the holy Spirit has COME UPON YOU and you shall be My witnesses..."

The Spirit in John 20 is related to resurrection. Christ has not yet ascended to the throne of Power. But at Pentecost, the Spirit was poured out in power, the Power of the Enthroned Christ who is Lord of all. This is the reality of Pentecost.

The Reallty of John 20 is the reality of regeneration and recieving the Lord as Life.

Graftedbranch

2005/11/18 18:17Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Jeff,

What has separated soul and spirit of a man? The Word Himself. Hbr 4:12 For the Word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Now that my spirit is His Spirit my spiritual soul has been separated that the Holy Spirit may work in my soul mind and Christ's Spirit is now my spirit.

John 16:7-14 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, >>>He will guide you into all truth:

2005/11/18 19:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Graftedbranch,

Yes the Spirit was upon them because they had not been give the revelation of The Holy Spirit that was in them. Just like Christ was in them, which they did not know until Paul came with the final Gospel and told them of the revelation of Christ in Him that he souly by revelation direct from Christ had been given. No one else ever knew this mystery until it was revealed to him.

If you look at John 20:23 you will see the power Christ gave them and specifically to the Apostles only to forgive sin and turn sinners over to Satan. This was not resurrection power. The only other person Christ gave this power was Paul and no other person's after him.1 Corinthians 5:4-5 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Finally, "so send I you" As Christ had the power to forgive sin and turn the children of their father the devil over to satan or to destroy the flesh to save the spirit, this is that power Christ gave his Apostles the 12 only and Paul. This was a power which the primitive apostles exclusively possessed with Paul.

2005/11/18 20:21Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Jeff,

This is the finish of the previous post to you.

The Teacher of The Christ in you, This is the word guide in the Greek; Hodegeo: to teach, guide, lead.

For He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for He shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. Thus born again of Spirit by Christ in me. Then the renewing of the mind to the mind of Christ by the Holy Spirit. This is the word shew; Anaggello: to announce (in detail):--declare, rehearse, report, show, speak, tell.

2005/11/18 23:51Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Thus born again of Spirit by Christ in me. Then the renewing of the mind to the mind of Christ by the Holy Spirit. This is the word shew; Anaggello: to announce (in detail):--declare, rehearse, report, show, speak, tell.

I do not disagree at all with the outcome of which you speak. The renewing of the mind will take on the substance of Christ. Yes, this is salvation. Amen.

Yet I ask this question. What was it that the Corinthians were lacking?

First Paul states, 1 Corinthians 1:

1Cor. 1:4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, 5 that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, 6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, 7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

I see in these Scriptures what you speak of in your testimony here in this thread. Yet there is something more which Paul identifies as a situation that all those who are given the gift of Christ must still come to possess.

1Cor. 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. 1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; 3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

Is this the Scriptural precept which you are presenting here?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/19 10:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Yes Jeff, absolutely.

The new Christian can not perceive the idea of another Person being his life. It takes direct revelation from God to understand this concept of Christ in you the Hope of Glory. Just like Paul, he was going along doing the things of a good Jewish Israelite in killing these Christians and destroying the Church, probably the meanest man alive at that time, but God chose to knock Paul down, blind him, holler out of Heaven at him and tell him, he was going to suffer for His name sake. Then Jesus Christ proceeded to reveal that He the risen Savior was going to live His life through Paul. This revelation took 3 years and was from that time on, all that Paul could speak of, This revelation that Christ was in him, and that the Holy Spirit would guide him and teach him all thing he needed to know, that Paul might accomplish his commission that for all believers that Christ is given by the Father in birthing His Son in him. This is the mystery that Paul is revealing to all believers, in all his epistles, 146 times Paul speaks of this mystery of Christ in you.

As new babes in Christ the Church is not teaching this and that is why we have so many different denominations and we are not all of one Mind, the Mind of Christ, if we were we would all be speaking and teaching the same that the Church might present every man perfect in Christ. So without the Church doing this, The True Body of Christ is giving this truth to those that have ears to hear and eyes to see by the direct revelation of the Holy Spirit who this Christ is and what He has done to make Jesus Christ in us our wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption and all else that pertains to a perfect man in Christ Jesus the Hope of Glory.

2005/11/19 17:46Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
This revelation that Christ was in him, and that the Holy Spirit would guide him and teach him all thing he needed to know,

2 Corinthians 1:

21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Would you say then that when Paul teaches about being sealed with the Holy Spirit, that this guarantee is not just a doctrinal belief, but much more. The Spirit Himself makes known to you that He is with you and seeks to guide you. Is this how you understand what the seal of the Holy Spirit means in a much more deeper, satisfying way?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/21 12:01Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy