SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Dispensational Theology has nothing to do with Christ being in the old testament. Christ is The Word of God and if you don't see Christ in the old testament blindness is occurred.

Dispensational Theology is not changing Christ, but God trying to change man's concept of who God is and get man's attention off himself and on God. He has tried for a long time and the only change is Christ in you the Hope of Glory, being the only way God can get man to see. That is giving man His nature. Man can change personality, but he cannot change nature, God has to do that and He is so willing to do that, that He gave His only Begotten Son for our sin and then put His nature in us at salvation, by being Born Again. The old testament prophets and children of Israel and the law did not have this nature change available. They could only keep trying to do what God was teaching them, and fail, coming to the knowledge that they could not do it on their own and needed a savior.
That is God's whole plan and He dealt with man in many different ways, that is being in the garden innocent, the trying to do it by his conscience, then Government and on to the Law and them by Grace and Christ in you. This is not taking Christ away from the whole of the old testament but leading man up to where he could have salvation in Christ Jesus, a new creature, with the nature and birthright of God Himself being our Father by Christ Jesus in us. Dispensationalism is simply God dealing with men in different ways to justify Himself to give us birth in Christ Jesus and everyone unable to say He, God was not justified in making His Created Children son's of Himself by taking a created being and making him as His own birthed Children by the Christ that is now our life. Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. In Whom, and whom in us?

Colossians 1:23-28 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Let us rejoice in Christ Jesus knowing that the Cross initiated our new life in Christ and God Himself will make sure His Plan of Christ in the believer both now and for all that were before the Cross when Jesus Christ is sitting on the Throne of David in the Millennial Kingdom His Father has promised Him and then all Israel will be save that is saved and will touch the same Christ we have in us now.

By His life and Faith and the Grace and Faith of God, may we live now as God intended and Know we are son's of God by Christ Jesus that has been born again in us, unto our birthright by our Father, now son's of God in Christ Jesus.

Phillip

2006/11/29 14:13Profile
rookie

Re:

I listened to these two sermons today...which talk about the word of God and our hearts. The second sermon deals with the sower of the seed parable.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/lcbc/LCBC_Oct_06_2007.mp3

http://media.libsyn.com/media/lcbc/LCBC_Oct_13_2007.mp3

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/22 5:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Job knew Christ. Abraham knew Christ. Elijah knew Christ.

Mishack, Shadrack, and Abedenego knew Christ

Christ was not in them, or there would not have been another person with them in the fire.

Also, Job knew of Christ, Abraham knew of Christ, Elijah knew of Christ, He was not born again in them.

Christ liveth in me: Phillip

2007/10/25 1:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Dispensation?

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

1Cr 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me.

This dispensation is for the finished work of the Cross.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

No perfection without Christ in you.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but ((((Christ liveth in me:)))) and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Christ Liveth in me: Phillip

2007/10/25 2:00Profile
psalm1

Re:

I dont think any of the ot saints knew christ. Not that they didnt refer to messiah. I think all they had was an inkling of him.
Consider the priesthood and you have an added dimension.
The priest stands between God and man.In the ot you have God-priest-man
In the nt you have God-Jesus-man

Just my 2 cents

,.....David

2007/10/25 10:04Profile
psalm1

Re:

Christinyou, When you say"christ born in you" what scripture are you referencing? I personally have never heard of this.

thanks,
David

2007/10/25 10:47Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother David wrote:

Quote:
The priest stands between God and man.In the ot you have God-priest-man
In the nt you have God-Jesus-man

OT...God-Melchizedec-man.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/26 1:15Profile
rookie

Re:

Psa. 51:11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

I wonder first, how David knew the Holy Spirit.

I wonder secondly, how David knew how important the Holy Spirit was to his life.

I wonder thirdly, how others in the OT wondered about this Scripture.

Have you who live on this side of Christ ever wondered about these things?
In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/26 3:33Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Christ was not in them, or there would not have been another person with them in the fire.

Acts 7:

55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Christ is still man. Stephen saw Him sitting at the Father's right hand.

Many other Scriptures testify of the same.

Scriptures state that Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/26 3:41Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou wrote:

Quote:
rookie wrote:
Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Christ is still man. Stephen saw Him sitting at the Father's right hand.

Many other Scriptures testify of the same.

Scriptures state that Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit.

Christinyou:
You are thinking that Jesus and His Holyspirit are not the same. If "Christ is in you" that actualy means that HIS spirit is in you.
If Mishack, Shadrack, and Abedenego were nit fill with HIM, how would they be able to stand with such boldness?
He was with them, He was in them.

Thanx rookie 8-)

2007/10/26 9:24Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy