SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who was Abraham's seed? First it was Isaac and Jacob. Then by the Seed of Mary it was Christ, because she was in the earthly line of Abraham.

Christ is the Seed of God the Father, not Abraham. "Who represented The Father to Him?" A Priest after the order of:

Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Hbr 5:6 As he saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, [even] Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need [was there] that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Hbr 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

Jesus Christ of the Cross was not Priest until He offered Himself once for all that believe.
Hbr 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

"How much more shall the blood of Christ."

Hbr 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

How much more the Cross than the Promise. How much more the Life of Christ in you than Melchisedec.

Act 7:2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

Your answer, The God of Glory.

Let us honor Him and His Son not Abraham who was just and instrument in His hands.

John 8:49-58 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth. Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

IN Christ: Phillip

2006/10/19 23:10Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Jesus Christ of the Cross was not Priest until He offered Himself once for all that believe.

What did Christ do before incarnation?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/20 2:18Profile
rookie

Re:

Continuing on in the discussion of truth, I will attempt to paraphrase the disertation given by Voddie Bauchman concerning the supremacy of Christ in a postmodern world.

First thought....

Voddie Baucham teaches about the existence to two views that exist in this world concerning truth. The first view is one that the world holds to. This view of truth is based on human secularism. The second view is the one that is given to us in the Holy Scriptures. And that view, finds its substance, in the "Life" found in Christ. He then states that the truth found in Christ will destroy the truth founded on human secularism.

Baucham then begins to ask the audience some basic and fundamental questions based on these two views. First he states that all humans at some time in their life ask themselves four fundamental questions, the first of which is framed by the following words...

"Who am I?"

If you are of this world, your views are framed by human secularism. And that in the last 100 years, this world of truth has been greatly influenced by the thoughts of Darwin and his disciples. So if one believes as the world believes, he finds that his existence is centered on a random accident of gases mixing in primordial ooze that formed the first example of "life." One believes in what he sees and experiences. One's life is framed and in bondage to materialism.

The other view, of course, is founded in the supremacy of Christ. All things were created through Him and for Him. Those who come to understand this truth find that their 'Life" is meant to glorify Christ.

(end of thought)

"Who am I?"

We must all choose one or the other...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/20 4:46Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Ephesians 1:2-5 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This is where Jesus Christ was from before the foundation of the world to the praise of the Glory of God making us acceptable in the Beloved unto God the Father.

No one can be Holy and Acceptable unless Christ is in them and they are elect to this premise before the foundation of the world. Not elect by choice but elect in that they would be Holy and acceptable in Christ presenting us to God the Father.

The effect and fruit, the benefit and end, of this free and ancient favour: That we should be holy and without blame before Him in love. Holiness is here declared not to be the cause, but the effect of our election: God chose the Gentiles from eternity to be His people, not because they were holy, they were far enough from that, being afar off from God, but designing that they, that is those in Ephesus and all that believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, are thus graciously chosen in Christ should be holy; initially, progressively, and perseveringly holy in this life, and perfectly holy in the next; Heavenly life, not earthly live on this earth promised to Israel, yet Gentiles arriving at such a perfection here in holiness as to denominate us blameless in the account of God, by virtue of our faith in Christ, and love to one another.

From the whole learn, 1. That God's bestowing all spiritual blessings upon us in time, is the effect and fruit of his electing love from all eternity; He hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings, according as he hath chosen us in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Learn, 2. That God hath chosen none to happiness and glory hereafter, but only such as are holy in conversation here, holy in the habitual frame and disposition of their hearts, and in the general course and tenor of their lives and actions by the Christ that has been born again in them.

Learn, 3. That such as are holy before God, Only those that are in Christ, will endeavour to walk unblamably in the sight of man, in the exercise of love, and in the practice of all the duties of the second table, which are at once evidences of our sincerity, and an ornament to our profession; That we should be holy, and without blame, before Him in love.

This is by the incarnation of Christ in the flesh and the Cross working its miracle for those that were chosen before the foundation of the world, Not Jew or Gentile, but by the Gentile who the Israel of God would say were not favored by God as they were.

Christ and the Father are one as in Genesis, "Let Us Create", as Christ is creating in us that believe chosen to the Life of Christ in us being Holy and Blameless in Him.

He has always been in The Father and all the work that the Father did the Son did as One in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Until Christ became incarnate, then the work of Christ manifest and a literal flesh being that is Holy and Acceptable to His Father, making all the Father has given Him to Holy and Acceptable also, to present us to the Father and the Father has wanted birthed children in His House. A completely different house than the House of Israel, that is The House of God in Christ Jesus. Where we are already seated with Him in heavenly places, He is preparing for us that He will come again and take us to Himself in those places prepared in presenting us to His Father.

Jhn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

In Christ: Phillip

2006/10/20 5:48Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
No one can be Holy and Acceptable unless Christ is in them and they are elect to this premise before the foundation of the world. Not elect by choice but elect in that they would be Holy and acceptable in Christ presenting us to God the Father.

Psalm 65:

3 Iniquities prevail against me;
As for our transgressions,
You will provide atonement for them.
4 Blessed is the man You choose,
And cause to approach You,
That he may dwell in Your courts.
We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house,
Of Your holy temple.

Who are these whom God has chosen?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/26 4:31Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Learn, 2. That God hath chosen none to happiness and glory hereafter, but only such as are holy in conversation here, holy in the habitual frame and disposition of their hearts, and in the general course and tenor of their lives and actions by the Christ that has been born again in them.

A.W. Tozer teaches about Christ in the OT.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2396

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/26 6:12Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Psalm 65:

3 Iniquities prevail against me;
As for our transgressions,
You will provide atonement for them.
4 Blessed is the man You choose,
And cause to approach You,
That he may dwell in Your courts.
We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house,
Of Your holy temple.

Who are these whom God has chosen?

Those that Christ has been born again in and are being prepared for the Fathers House.

Not those that are talking about the House of God on this earth, which is the temple in Jerusalem at that time, a picture of what was to come. Not giving mercy, but after the Cross giving them Grace and Life in Christ,

Psalms 66:13-20 I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble. I will offer unto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rams; I will offer bullocks with goats. Selah. Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

Because of the sacrifices and offerings was the High Priest able to obtain this mercy for himself and the people but not like the New birth in Christ, the perfect Seed birthed in the believer from the Cross.

1 Peter 1:19-23 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

No animal sacrifices to obtain, but The Sacrifice of the Lamb of God, never again to be offered, or never before the Cross offered.

John 3:1-7 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Not the priest in the old temple "4. Blessed is the man You choose, And cause to approach You,"

But the new temple not made with Hands. Mar 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

By Christ the temple in us we are the temple of God.

Mar 14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

By the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Spirit.
1Cr 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Cr 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Jhn 6:44 No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

In Christ Now, not just a promise of a Savior of Israel which Christ came to and "His own received Him not".

2006/10/31 0:43Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Because of the sacrifices and offerings was the High Priest able to obtain this mercy for himself and the people but not like the New birth in Christ, the perfect Seed birthed in the believer from the Cross.

Psa. 110:4 The LORD has sworn
And will not relent,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

What did Melchizedek offer as a sacrifice?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/31 2:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hebrews 5:5-10 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

He was not Melchisedec in His flesh but would become a Priest like Melchisedec who was a priest forever.

The High Priest offered sacrifice as Christ offered Himself a sacrifice. Making Himself different from the order of Arron as High Priest and even Melchisedec.

Christ is now our High Priest and the propitiation for our sins once forever. There is no more earthly temple except the born again. Let us present ourselves a living sacrifice to God by Jesus Christ because He is in us and the perfect sacrifice, the only one God can receive and give salvation and regenerate the new temple not made with hands.
Not rebuilding the old temple made with hands.

2006/10/31 5:22Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
He was not Melchisedec in His flesh but would become a Priest like Melchisedec who was a priest forever.

So are you saying that there existed another priest able to do the same things that Christ now does?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/11/1 4:39Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy