SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Every branch is in God's hands and a branch cannot be in the Vine unless the Father makes the branch a part of the Vine. If the branch is not producing fruit, it must not be receiving life from the Vine and is cut off. How can a branch loose life from the Vine? The branch has grown so far away from the source of life that it shows no life of fruit of the branches that are purged by the Vine dresser and are kept close to the Vine's prime life.

All things were made for Christ and by Christ, so the answer to your question is yes all are in Christ but all are not of Christ, receiving life giving nourishment from the Vine. They are dead and the leaves are brown and are dead and must be cut off. Dead limbs are always cut off or the vine itself will eventually drop dead limbs, even by the use of the purging of good limbs.

Life can only come to the Vine by the Life giver.

Your Question:

Quote: "All branches have it's source in Jesus...according to this Scripture. Therefore any branch has the same beginning does it not?"

That is God's choice, Not mans, for those that are in Christ. Even for those that outside of Christ, Christ is still the beginning for both. For Christ died for the sin of the whole world.

Malachi 2:10-17 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god. The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts. And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand. Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth. For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously. Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

I would that even those of Israel who are Paul's kinsman would even be cut off that trouble those in Christ.

Galatians 5:1-26 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be. And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. I would they were even cut off which trouble you. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Who is God's mercy upon? ALL, In His timing.

Romans 11:21-36 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/10/13 13:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote; """How does truth founded on the word of God, bring to the one who hears, the process of sanctification?"""

By Christ and Christ only. 1 Corinthians 1:24-31 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and SANCTIFICATION, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

We cannot glory being Israel or not Israel. We cannot glory in Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Enoch, or any other being that is created. We must be born again of Spirit and Water, that is Living Water, That is Christ in you the Hope of Glory. All created beings before Christ had a created father, that is Satan because Adam chose him. God has, by His Grace given us new birth and that birth is Christ in you. Every person before Pentecost had not the Spirit of Christ birthed in them and the Holy Spirit baptized into them. God in His infinite mercy, wisdom and Grace has give us new birth, we no longer have our old father the devil to be our life, that is a created life. We know by the Born Again experience which makes us new creatures. We now have the nature of God, we now have the life of God, we now have the wisdom of God, we now have the righteousness of God, we now have the sanctification of God, we now have the redemption of God, "In Christ Jesus".

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1Cr 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1Cr 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Cr 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet [have ye] not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

God has taken all things in the old testament and made them void. They were no new creatures in Christ Jesus and could not be, for He was not risen to be able to come back and be born again in the believers that God has chosen before the foundation of the World to be in Christ and Christ in us.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This is the essence of All the New Testament, Hbr 8:13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], He hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

Galatians 3:21-29 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Abraham's seed is Christ which is the promise. We are the children of Abraham because of the Seed Jesus Christ because of the promise of The Christ to come. Abraham had nothing to do with the promise of God in Christ Jesus. God just chose him by which He would make the promise. Abraham will have the rule of Christ over him in the millennium and he will finally taste the promise as Christ will be ruling them as Israel again. Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The Law was not fulfilled until Christ and the Law is no longer our teacher for those that are in the Law fulfiller Himself, that is Christ Jesus. The Law is Gone because we now have the perfect Law in Christ birthed in us.

There are two testament and God has separated them completely by the Lord Jesus Christ who is birthed in the new covenant believers in Christ Jesus. New Creature's in Christ, that is Christ in you the Hope of Glory. The New Covenant in His Blood.

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Old creature? New Creature? Old, son's of Israel. New, son's of God by birth right.

In Christ, a total complete new creature rebirthed by God our Father.

2006/10/14 0:48Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote;

Quote:
Abraham's seed is Christ which is the promise. We are the children of Abraham because of the Seed Jesus Christ because of the promise of The Christ to come. Abraham had nothing to do with the promise of God in Christ Jesus. God just chose him by which He would make the promise. Abraham will have the rule of Christ over him in the millennium and he will finally taste the promise as Christ will be ruling them as Israel again.

What covenant did Abraham live under?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/17 2:35Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

It was not this covenant in Christ: Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It was not this promise: Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Or this admonition: Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Abraham had an Idea who Emanuel was, accepting He would be the Messiah and rule on David's throne in this world. He did not know the mystery that no one new until it was revealed to Paul, that is the mystery of a complete new life in Christ Jesus, Abraham and the rest of Israel had approximately 1700 years to understand what the highest learned man in all Israel, which was Nicodemus, did not know; what it meant to be born again and have new birth with a new Spirit and living water, Christ Himself would be the believers new spirit and life and nature, no longer a created being trying to please God by keeping the law, but a new creature in Christ Jesus with His wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, redemption and faith in the believer, by which we are now called son's of God by birthright, not by creation. Until Jesus defeated Satan on the Cross, all human beings had Satan as their father, that included Abraham. Until a person is born again Christ cannot be the birthright of God our New Father in the new creature that is born again of Incorruptable Seed which is the Word of God, who is Jesus Christ our new Spirit and life by the Power of the Holy Spirit who has sealed Christians into Christ. There was no sealing of the Holy Spirit before the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost. Abraham could not be called a birthed son of God, only a son by creation. That is the difference of our heavenly home and Abraham's earthly home with Christ ruling as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

This was their sealing by promises they could not keep and did not keep, they did their own sealing by the Law of their Priests. Nehemiah 9:34-38 Neither have our kings, our princes, our priests, nor our fathers, kept thy law, nor hearkened unto thy commandments and thy testimonies, wherewith thou didst testify against them. For they have not served thee in their kingdom, and in thy great goodness that thou gavest them, and in the large and fat land which thou gavest before them, neither turned they from their wicked works. Behold, we are servants this day, and for the land that thou gavest unto our fathers to eat the fruit thereof and the good thereof, behold, we are servants in it: And it yieldeth much increase unto the kings whom thou hast set over us because of our sins: also they have dominion over our bodies, and over our cattle, at their pleasure, and we are in great distress. And because of all this we make a sure covenant, and write it; and our princes, Levites, and priests, seal unto it.

What was God seal for Abraham? Circumcision. What is our Seal by the Holy Spirit? Christ in you.

The seal of Abraham and all his house, circumcision, earthly, fleshly.

What is our seal of the Holy Spirit? The Spirit of Christ in you. Heavenly.

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit into the Life of Jesus Christ and then our faith in Jesus Christ is given abroad in our hearts that all the world might see Him in us.

Ephesians 1:12-15 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Abraham's promise was by his seed all the way through to Mary would the Seed of God brought forth From The Holy Spirit of the Fathers Seed, His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ who would take away the sin of the world. He was not promised new birth in Jesus Christ by the Spirit of Christ born again in the new creature. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Abraham was not in the Spirit or David would have not prayed take not thy Holy Spirit from me, knowing that the Spirit would come and go but not be in them as forever to the New Born Creature in Christ Jesus. Abraham is God's by His mercy, not by Grace through Faith.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

This is what happens when the Spirit of Christ is our new nature and the Holy Spirit is our Teacher and strength of this new birth "That is Christ in you the Hope of Glory."

You must see the difference of Abraham's blessings and Christ's blessings in us. Abraham's blessings are still to come, ours is NOW.

Galatians 5:1-2 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

2006/10/18 1:18Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Until Jesus defeated Satan on the Cross, all human beings had Satan as their father, that included Abraham.

Gal. 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

What does Scripture say of Abraham and the blessing we share with Abraham?

Again, what does Scripture say about us who share in the blessing with Abraham?

Gal. 3:5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Is this not the content of the shared blessing?

"that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/18 4:24Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
That is the difference of our heavenly home and Abraham's earthly home with Christ ruling as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

What does Scripture say?

Matt. 8:11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/18 4:29Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

When Scripture speaks of the heart, it is not the organ but something much more....

"The heart" (Eng., "cardiac," etc.), the chief organ of physical life ("for the life of the flesh is in the blood," Lev. 17:11), occupies the most important place in the human system. By an easy transition the word came to stand for man's entire mental and moral activity, both the rational and the emotional elements. In other words, the heart is used figuratively for the hidden springs of the personal life. "The Bible describes human depravity as in the 'heart', because sin is a principle which has its seat in the center of man's inward life, and then 'defiles' the whole circuit of his action, Matt. 15:19,20. On the other hand, Scripture regards the heart as the sphere of Divine influence, Rom. 2:15; Acts 15:9. ... The heart, as lying deep within, contains 'the hidden man,' 1 Pet. 3:4, the real man. It represents the true character but conceals it" (J. Laidlaw, in Hastings' Bible Dic.).

So when we say that God regenerates the heart of man, what is it that changes?

Jesus prays...John 17:17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

How does the content of this prayer affect the heart of man?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/18 4:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

A promise is not fulfilled until the promise is in hand. Believing in the promise does not make the promise available until given. When received, the promise is fulfilled. Abraham only had the promise, not the possession. When the Faith of Christ came, that Faith is the only thing that will make the faith God the Father put in Abraham become the Faith of Christ. You cannot receive the promise until the promise is in hand.

Galatians 3:19-29 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Are we Christ's? The answer is yes and if we are Christs' then we have received the promise. We have the promise in hand. We are Abraham's seed because of the promised Seed, Jesus Christ. It is His Faith that brings us to the knowledge of Jesus Christ is the Son of God. If God revealed that Christ was in Abraham then the Word that says the mystery revealed to Paul is wrong, that is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory", and the Faith of Jesus Christ is to no avail. These scriptures about the mystery are not truth. A mystery is only a mystery if it is not revealed. But when it is Come the mystery is no longer a mystery, but a revelation of that mystery. Colossians 1:24-29 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Who is working in Paul? The Promise which is come and the Faith to go with it.

Again: Galatians 3:23-25 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

2006/10/18 12:57Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
A promise is not fulfilled until the promise is in hand. Believing in the promise does not make the promise available until given. When received, the promise is fulfilled. Abraham only had the promise, not the possession.

Genesis 17

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

According to Scripture, when did God promise to be God to him?

Secondly, when God promised to be God to Abraham, who is it that represented the Father to him?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/19 1:09Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

When Scripture speaks of the heart, it is not the organ but something much more....

"The heart" (Eng., "cardiac," etc.), the chief organ of physical life ("for the life of the flesh is in the blood," Lev. 17:11), occupies the most important place in the human system. By an easy transition the word came to stand for man's entire mental and moral activity, both the rational and the emotional elements. In other words, the heart is used figuratively for the hidden springs of the personal life. "The Bible describes human depravity as in the 'heart', because sin is a principle which has its seat in the center of man's inward life, and then 'defiles' the whole circuit of his action, Matt. 15:19,20. On the other hand, Scripture regards the heart as the sphere of Divine influence, Rom. 2:15; Acts 15:9. ... The heart, as lying deep within, contains 'the hidden man,' 1 Pet. 3:4, the real man. It represents the true character but conceals it" (J. Laidlaw, in Hastings' Bible Dic.).

When we talk about heart issues we are actually speaking of what it is that we believe to be the truth and then our response to that which we believe. When we were lost and dead we learned from the world. We walked in darkness.

Yet when we submitted to our Lord, we were brought into the light. We are conveyed out of the belief systems of the old and brought into the kingdom where truth reigns in Jesus Christ.

Listen to this teaching about these two positions and how it determines the evidence of what we hope for...

This sermon is taken from a John Piper conference concerning the supremacy of Christ...

The preachers name is Voddie Bauchman.

http://www.desiringgod.org/media/audio/conferences/national2006/03_20060930_baucham.mp3

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/19 4:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy