SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
If Christ is the Vine and the born again are in Vine, then the branches cannot grow to produce bad fruit because the Husbandman which is The Father and owner of the vineyard will make sure it is tended and purged and produces good fruit in Christ.

In the Scripture we speak of, the branch dries up because it chooses not to continue to abide in the vine. This is similar to the seedings that sprout in the rocky soil, they too dry up. This is also similar to those plants which sprout and are choked off because they care more for the things of this world. The parable of the vine says nothing about bad branches. It only mentions branches that once were nourished by the root.

So then would one say that these branches were never born of the vine or would one conclude that they once were nourished by the vine yet choose at some point in time to wander away from their source of sustanance?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/27 1:06Profile
rookie

Re:

Mark 4:

20 But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it,..."

What does Jesus mean by..."those who hear the word, accept it"?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/27 1:12Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

So then would one say that these branches were never born of the vine (Yes) or would one conclude that they once were nourished by the vine yet choose at some point in time to wander away from their source of sustanance? (NO)

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/27 2:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Those who have been given ears to hear, and believe.

2006/9/27 2:19Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Jeff asked

Quote:

Matthew 7
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Obviously, Jesus is not talking about sowing seed in rocky soil (stony ground), He is talking about the need for those who HEAR the word, to base (found, or build the foundation of their [u]lives[/u]) the substance of their lives upon THE (rock of His) WORD only. He says this is what a wise man does.

I'd add: a wise man is one who has understood that earthly wealth will not bear him to heaven and cannot bear eternal fruit.

The fruitfulness of seed planted in good ground, is food for himself and those whom he may feed with the word of truth. It is [i]eternal[/i] life to those who believe.

2006/9/28 14:11
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Even Jesus said, "I am the Word the Truth and the life," and "No man come to me unless the Father draw him." Did the Pharisees hear the word? Was the Word from God? Is Jesus God? They were not prepared to hear the word but to continue in the Law.

Whosoever hears the Words of Jesus must have been prepared to hear by the Father and can accept it.

The context of the ground that Seed is planted in is then dependant on who has prepared the Ground. Good ground receives the Seed and will produce fruit. Bad ground is on its own and can only produce fruit by keeping the Law. This is the difference in the Old man and the New man in Christ Jesus, a new creature.

This ground is the prepared by the liar. Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

This is ground prepared by The Father. Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

This is the fruit of the good ground. 2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

This is the new creature in the Vine, a branch to produce fruit unto God.

Colossians 1:24-28 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

This is what it takes to become a new creature:

Colossians 1:21-23 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath He reconciled In the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

This is not contingent on us continuing but being continuing in the faith grounded and settled we won't be moved away from the hope of the gospel, meaning that this is preached to every creature that is new in Christ under heaven.

Good Ground.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/28 15:05Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip quoted this Scripture:

Quote:
Even Jesus said, "I am the Word the Truth and the life," and "No man come to me unless the Father draw him."

Paul teaches the same thing in Romans 3. Man is totally depraved.

Quote:
Did the Pharisees hear the word? Was the Word from God? Is Jesus God? They were not prepared to hear the word but to continue in the Law.

Jesus was condemned by the law that they followed. That is the "talmud", a law written by men.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/30 8:17Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
So then would one say that these branches were never born of the vine (Yes) or would one conclude that they once were nourished by the vine yet choose at some point in time to wander away from their source of sustanance? (NO)

John 15:1-2

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;

All branches have it's source in Jesus...according to this Scripture. Therefore any branch has the same beginning does it not?

Do you hear what Scripture is saying here? Are you willing to accept it?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/30 8:29Profile
rookie

Re:

Why does Jesus pray this?

John 17:17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

How does the word of God set us apart from our carnal mind?

Eph. 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/11 5:00Profile
rookie

Re:

John 17:17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

How does truth founded on the word of God, bring to the one who hears, the process of sanctification?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/10/13 4:29Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy