SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Linda wrote:

Quote:
just popping in but saw this interesting post. In response, according to my experience also, it comes through believing God's written word (1 John 5:13). Also one must come as a little child (Luke 18:17), therefore pride would be a hindrance. One must rest on the word, but also upon Jesus Himself who the word reveals (1 John 5:11, 12). This must come from the heart - will, emotions, reasonings must cooperate (Rom 10:9, 10). One must receive Him as an act of faith (John 1:12) Then He gives power to become the sons of God.

Amen Sister, the word does reveal Jesus to us.

Quote:
Evidences of being Born Again:

The evidence you give is correct and Scriptural. The evidence is the result of what according to Scripture? I ask not to burden you but to search with you.

God Bless

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/14 4:37Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re:

Rookie wrote

Quote:
The evidence you give is correct and Scriptural. The evidence is the result of what according to Scripture? I ask not to burden you but to search with you.

Brother Jeff,

I am happy to search with you, I have questions too. The evidence is a result of the Holy Spirit baptizing a believer, by receiving power from on high.

Linda

2006/9/14 18:43Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

We have been solemnly commissioned by God as His ambassadors in this cause. We have been sent to make known the terms and the way of reconciliation, and it to be our duty to proclaim these terms on as wide a scale as possible, and with the utmost zeal and self-denial. It is God's glorious plan of reconciliation; and on the grounds of the atonement made by the Redeemer, we can now offer salvation to all mankind; and as all might be saved, we ourselves are bound to offer the terms of salvation to as many as possible,
2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; The grand argument for urging sinners to be reconciled to God, is the fact that Christ has died for sin of the whole world; and therefore the apostles, especially Paul's revelation of Christ in you the Hope of Glory, all apprized of this fact, sought as we should seek to urge as many as possible to become a friend of Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

We have a building of God. Robinson (Lexicon) supposes that it refers to "the future spiritual body as the abode of the soul." Some have supposed that it refers to some "celestial vehicle" with which God invests the soul during the intermediate state. But the Scripture is silent about any such celestial vehicle. It is not easy to tell what was the precise idea which Paul here designed to convey, Perhaps a few remarks may enable us to arrive at the meaning.

(1.) It was not to be temporary; not a tent or tabernacle that could be taken down.

(2.) It was to be eternal-in the heavens.

(3.) It was to be such as to constitute a dwelling; a clothing, or such a protection as should keep the soul from being "naked."

(4.) It was to be such as should constitute "life" in contradistinction from "mortality." These things will better agree with the supposition of its referring to the future body of the saints than anything else; and probably the idea of Paul is, that the body there will be incorruptible and immortal. When he says it is a "building of God," (ek qeou,) he evidently means that it is made by God; that He is the architect of that future and eternal dwelling. However, we understand this of the mansions which God has fitted up for His people in heaven, and which the Lord Jesus has gone to prepare for His brothers and sisters whom are called son's of God. John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. This place where we will be naked before all and without shame as God prepared Adam and Eve before the Fall. Then clothed in the White Robes of Righteousness that is the Christ in us.
1 Corinthians 1:30-31 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

In Christ: Phillip

2006/9/14 21:12Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Linda stated:

Quote:
The evidence is a result of the Holy Spirit baptizing a believer, by receiving power from on high.

I agree. I look to this Scripture as the defining proof given to each child that God has promised to be God to them.

Eph 1:13-14

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the prasie of His glory."

He Paul identifies that once believing, God gives the Holy Spirit as the guarantee of our inheritance. The continual witnessing of the Holy Spirit that we are His children is the proof that we will be ressurected in the day of our Lord. The Holy Spirit is the power that brings to bare the word of God in our lives. It is the Holy Spirit teaching us to recognized Jesus's work in our lives. It is the Holy Spirit illuminating the things we witness happening in our lives that are found in Scripture. The parables become life experiences. The psalms become our song. The proverbs becomes for us wisdom that comes not from man but is of God. It is the truth that never changes..

God Bless

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/14 23:10Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip quoted:

Quote:
(3.) It was to be such as to constitute a dwelling; a clothing, or such a protection as should keep the soul from being "naked."

There are other Scriptures which talk about nakedness and also those of being clothed. All in all I believe Paul desires to be further clothed with the covering that finds it source in Heaven. This covering shields the believer from shame due to his current condition. In Psalms 103:10-

"He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust."

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/15 6:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
we can now offer salvation to all mankind; and as all might be saved, we ourselves are bound to offer the terms of salvation to as many as possible,

Christ in you, defines the terms of salvation. As we grow, all we have to offer, is how He taught us to recognize Him in our own lives. All we can do, is testify of what He has accomplished in us. That is, how He has lead us down a path that has changed the substance of what we hope for.

The treasure that is realized by a believer can only come from the increase that is of God...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/17 5:00Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

dorcas said (p45)

Quote:
I believe that as we eat Him - the Word - our lives should begin to become 'the word made flesh', to each other and the world.

Jeff said
Quote:
The treasure that is realized by a believer can only come from the increase that is of God...

Are we talking about the same 'increase' here?

2006/9/17 15:54
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Yes Sister Dorcas...Amen

This thread has meandered all around, yet it keeps coming back to the word of God. The partaking of the bread of life refreshes, and washes the filth of the world away. The partaking of the bread of life does quicken and makes alive what was one dead. And what does this feeding bring? A new hope never understood by the carnal mind. It is the word of God which has the power to transform those who are fed the manna from heaven...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/18 0:15Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Getting back to the parable which unlocks all other parables,

Mark 4:13, "And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?"

I have covered to some extent the ways of the first three groups of people. Jesus depicts or identifies how many stumble and do not come to understand the depth and the width of the love that God has for them.

Now I will attempt to talk about the promise that is given to those of the fourth group.

Mark 4:20,

"But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit; some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred."

Do you hear the promise? What is required?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/20 6:12Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it,

Many teach that the good ground speaks of those who have been born again. Yet I believe that the first part of this verse is connected to what follows...

The ground is good because they hear the word, and they accept it.

The gift is freely given. Jesus many times proclaimed truth followed by this exhortation...He who has ears let him hear.

I believe we have spent, at least in this generation much to do about trying to define the what, when, where, of being born again. We ourselves point to one emotional time where God quickened our hearts. Yet, many have only the testimony of that moment. Nothing follows, yet we say we are born again.

But what does Scripture teach about the relationship between God and his children? Paul always talked about knowledge and wisdom. Paul always prayed that his fellow brother and sister would grow in knowledge, in understanding, in wisdom.

Well where does this knowledge, understanding, and wisdom find it's source?

In Christ
Jeff

In Christ
Jeff

2006/9/21 6:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy