SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Sorry guys, I don't know what happened, had to go to page 2. To finish.

his autos
846. autos
Search for G846 in KJVSL
autoV autos ow-tos'

from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848.

Remember, Baffling Wind. Autos:

4690. sperma
Search for G4690 in KJVSL
sperma sperma sper'-mah

from 4687; something sown, i.e. seed (including the male "sperm"); by implication, offspring; specially, a remnant (figuratively, as if kept over for planting):--issue, seed

1 Peter 2:2-6 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Thereby:
:
1722. en
Search for G1722 in KJVSL
en en en

a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:--about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.

Remember, Baffling Wind.

846. autos
Search for G846 in KJVSL
autoV autos ow-tos'

from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of 109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848.

"through the idea of a baffling wind)"
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. This is the Holy Spirit.

The Water born of:
Jhn 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Jhn 4:11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

Who is the Water?

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst
again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him (shall be in him) a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Again the mystery of Christ in you the Hope of Glory. The Incorruptable Seed of God Himself, birthed in the believer springing up to everlasting life.

The Holy Spirit birthed in us, and the Water, Christ Seed birthed in us.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Revealed by: Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Comforted from where?
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be ((((in you.))))

In Christ and In the Holy Spirit which They Both are in me: Phillip

2006/5/23 23:24Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip,

These are all good definitions of the way God reveals salvation to man. Yet there is much more which pretains to how the word of God is the agent chosen by God to bring man out of the grasps of Satan's world. Throughout Scripture we find that righteousness is of God alone. We find that God gives His righteouness to those He has foreknown before the foundations of this world. We are taught this in the book of Job.

Job 33:

25 His flesh shall be young like a child’s,
He shall return to the days of his youth.
26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.

It is God who establishes His righteousness in man.

Job 15: Teaches us the same principle that Paul teaches us in Romans 3

14 “What is man, that he could be pure?
And he who is born of a woman, that he could be righteous?
15 If God puts no trust in His saints,
And the heavens are not pure in His sight,
16 How much less man, who is abominable and filthy,
Who drinks iniquity like water!

In Job we are taught that there are those who God considers blamless just like those who Paul teaches of...

Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

In Job we find that those the Father loves He corrects...

Job 5

17 “Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects;
Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.

Heb. 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

In this last section of Scripture we find that this correction "yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

Do you see God's righteousness and the means by which the OT saints reap the fruit of His righteousness?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/24 15:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Ok Jeff, run back into the old testament but you won't find Christ in them or even a future knowledge that Christ would be in them, another Person would be their life. It was first revealed to Paul. Hidden from all eternity. You can chase all the shadows and promises in the old testament you want to but you cannot put Christ in Abraham or Job.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

No one could be perfect as we can in presenting every man perfect in Christ by the knowledge of Christ in you the Hope of Glory. He is the Perfect one and no one has Him unless he Believes what God has said about His Son. Revealed in Paul, where He has never been before as the resurrected living Son of God that is born again in us.

Mat 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Luk 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
Luk 12:2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Is He revealed? Paul says so. Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/24 19:15Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Ok Jeff, run back into the old testament but you won't find Christ in them or even a future knowledge that Christ would be in them, another Person would be their life. It was first revealed to Paul. Hidden from all eternity. You can chase all the shadows and promises in the old testament you want to but you cannot put Christ in Abraham or Job.

Phillip, I asked earlier about the righteousness of God and who alone represents that rightousness. You answered correctly, Jesus Christ. You answered correctly that there is no righteousness in man except for the righteousness that God causes to dwell in man, that righteousness is our Lord.

I have found these Scriptures to affirm what you your self have come to understand. However you somehow do not want to acknowledge that these precepts are also found in the oldest book of the Bible.

The emphasis of this thread is speaking to the incorruptible seed which is the word of God. It is given so that we might grow in our understanding and our relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The word of God is powerful and it will cause one to struggle with how one believes. Yet if one rejects the whole counsel of God, in doing so one is also choosing to remain blind.

Let the word of God, the incorruptible seed sprout in you.

Psalm 119:

7 I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgments.
8 I will keep Your statutes;
Oh, do not forsake me utterly!
9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/25 10:38Profile
rookie

Re:

Our Lord commands us to engage in the ordinance of communion. He says to do this in rememberance of Him.

Paul teaches about this practice...

1Cor. 11:27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.

Paul teaches that we need to examine ourselves. Why?

Jer. 17:10 I, the LORD, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings.

Why does God do this?

Job 36

7 He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous;
But they are on the throne with kings,
For He has seated them forever,
And they are exalted.
8 And if they are bound in fetters,
Held in the cords of affliction,
9 Then He tells them their work and their transgressions—
That they have acted defiantly.
10 He also opens their ear to instruction,
And commands that they turn from iniquity.

What is the promise for those who listen?

Psa. 32:2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/29 11:56Profile
rookie

Re:

Just like in Job 36 we find the same teaching in Psalm 32:

3 When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer.
Selah
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.
Selah
6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
7 You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
9 Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.
11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

If we live in the light of these Scriptures, we reap the wisdom that comes from our Lord. Our Lord frees us from living according to the Law of Moses by teaching us, by guiding us, by conveying us from darkness into the light.

Psalm 119:

9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.

Ask and you shall receive...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/6/1 15:37Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

""What is the promise for those who listen?

Psa. 32:2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.""

Who is the promise for those that hear?

Only one Spirit that has no deceit, The Spirit of Christ that is birthed in you.

Better than being blessed for something none of us can accomplish on our own. Colossians 1:27-28 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Only one way to be perfect and blessed. Christ being the blessed One that is now our life.

2006/6/3 15:01Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip quoted...

Quote:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Paul always points to Christ as our only hope, yet in teaching others Paul gives us insight as to how he views life in this world...

Phil. 3:7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

What is Paul teaching here about himself? "that I may gain Christ"

In Christ
Jeff

2006/6/4 10:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Paul richly knew he had Christ in Him and he says all the time that all he wants is Christ. To know Him, preach Him, Christ and Him Crucified, living in the believer, That is Christ in you the Hope of Glory. We are seriously missing the truth of what Paul is speaking when we just use Christ as the crutch to bring about Christianity in ourselves by outside influences of Christ only being with us in this place.

Paul uses the first person when he says Christ in you the Hope of Glory and 146 times in the rest of his epistles. It is not our lives we live anymore it Christ in us that is our life. When will we ever get this straight. "It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me"

Everybody always says Christ is with you and may Christ richly bless you, sweet sweet spirit in this place. This is all completely not what Paul and John are saying. "he who has the Son has life",, 1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

How much more must we hear to believe that we are a new creature, we are Christ Persons' We have a new life in us, Jesus Christ. We are like a new model car, not a fixer upper. We have a life time warranty, eternity.

I have not even started with Paul yet, but I hope you get the Picture of Christ in You The Hope of Glory. How can we not see it? I know I sound like a broken record and I did not see it either until it was revealed by the Holy Spirit. It took 25 year of study to come to the understanding of Christ in me. For six year that revelation has changed my whole life. It is no longer I who live but Christ that live in me. So when the dispensation of time was Wright for Me God by His Holy Spirit revealed His Son in me. Just like Paul. Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach Him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

2006/6/4 18:43Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
How much more must we hear to believe that we are a new creature, we are Christ Persons' We have a new life in us, Jesus Christ. We are like a new model car, not a fixer upper. We have a life time warranty, eternity.

If I may add to your analogy..."We are like a new model car,"

I see it as..."We become newer than a new model car," for "today is the day of salvation."

Phil. 3:12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Even the "new model car" is not perfected according to what Paul teaches here in this Scripture.

What do you think?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/6/5 10:23Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy