SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again By What Means

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

I wrote:

Quote:
This instruction given to us by Solomon points to the process of "renewing the mind daily." The outward man will also diminish as a result of this process. If the death of the outward man is the focus, we live according to the law given on Mount Sinai. If the death is the result of the process of "the renewing of the mind daily," then we live according to the law of liberty.

This Scripture defines what I have said above...

Prov. 14:14 The backslider in heart will be filled with his own ways,
But a good man will be satisfied from above.

To be described as a backslider, one first has had to travel the path with our Lord. A heart that continues to be filled with the ways of the carnal mind, a heart that may even seek to mortify the lusts of the flesh in one's own understanding will always be considered to be backslidden. The most perfect way is found when the heart seeks to be satisfied from above. The source of this grace will overcome the outward man. The satisfaction that comes from above replaces the old man's desires for his own ways; with the discovery of the grace that finds it's roots in the Life of our Savior. The Holy One will direct the Holy Spirit to give us what is His. The substance of this wisdom is Christ.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/12 9:33Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Phillip said

Quote:
The Yoke of bondage is the Law of sin and death.

Jesus said:

Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all that labour and are heavy laden, and [b]I will give you rest[/b].

29 Take [b]my yoke[/b] upon [b]you[/b], and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: [b]and ye shall find rest unto your souls[/b].

30 For my yoke [b]is easy[/b], and my burden [b]is light[/b].

Jeff said
Quote:
The most perfect way is found when the heart seeks to be satisfied from above.

Psalm 37
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Revelation 22
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.
17 [b]And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life [u]freely[/u].[/b]

Quote:
The source of this grace will overcome the outward man. The satisfaction that comes from above replaces the old man's desires for his own ways; with the discovery of the grace that finds it's roots in the Life of our Savior.

John 15
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now [b][u]ye are clean[/u] through the word which I have spoken unto you[/b].
4 Abide in me, and I in you.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 [b]If[/b] ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; [b]so[/b] shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye [b]in[/b] my love.

Quote:
The Holy One will direct the Holy Spirit to give us what is His. [b]The substance of this wisdom is Christ[/b].

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
(Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33)

1 Peter 1:25
[b]But the word of the Lord endures for ever[/b]. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Matthew 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

1 Corinthians 10
1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 and did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: [b]for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ[/b].

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 [b]Now these things were our examples[/b], [u]to the intent [b]we should not lust after evil[/b] things[/u], as they also lusted.

7 [b]Neither be ye idolaters[/b], as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 [b]Neither let us commit fornication[/b], as some of them committed, [u]and fell in one day[/u] [b]three and twenty thousand[/b].
9 [b]Neither let us tempt Christ[/b], as some of them also tempted, [u]and were destroyed of serpents[/u].
10 [b]Neither murmur ye[/b], as some of them also murmured, [u]and were destroyed of the destroyer[/u].

11 [b]Now all these things happened[/b] unto them [b]for ensamples[/b]: [u]and they are written for our admonition[/u], upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but [u]God is faithful[/u], [b]who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able[/b]; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

14 [b]Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry[/b]. 15 I speak as to [b]wise[/b] men; [u]judge ye[/u] what I say.

2006/5/12 11:02
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Dorcas: What wonderful truth in the Yoke of Freedom.

Galatians 5:1-6 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

The whole Word of God is so alive and wonderful, but we have this Advocate with the Father. In being the only way to the Father, not by seeking God in a Temple made with hands and sacrificing the blood of animals for the temporary covering of sin. The Advocate in this scripture is pointing to the Parakletos, The Comforter, the Intercessor, The One that Sent the Holy Spirit, The direct representation of Jesus Christ and the Father, The Holy Spirit Parakletos who speaks of Jesus Christ and reveals Him that is birthed in us.

1 John 2:1-5 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him.

What are His commandments? Love commandments, if we do them we know that we love Him. I think of them as Freedom Commandments, New Creature Commandments. This truly is of Freedom. What a difference from the yoke of bondage, the law bondage.

Being set free, In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/14 12:37Profile

Re: Born Again By What Means

Hi Phillip!

I like this.

Quote:
What are His commandments. [b]Love commandments[/b], if we do them we know that we love Him. I think of them as [b]Freedom Commandments, New Creature Commandments[/b]. This truly is of Freedom. What a difference from the yoke of bondage, the law bondage.

2006/5/15 5:20
Logic

Re:

Christinyou wrote:

Quote:
"The Yoke of bondage is the Law of sin and death.

The Yoke of bondage is just the Law, the Law of sin and death is something different.

This verse best describs The Yoke of bondage:
[b]Colosians 2:14[/b] [color=990000]Blotting out [b]the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us[/b], and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; [/color]

The Law of sin and death is a result of the law working in us to show us the need of salvation.

[b]Galatians 3:21,22[/b] [color=990000]Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
[b]:22[/b] But the scripture has concluded [b]all is under sin[/b], that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.[/color]

The law shows us that we are all under sin and the penalty there of is death.
That is the law of sin and death.

So, in other words, the Yoke of bondage brings to light the Law of sin and death.

2006/5/15 21:38Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
The Advocate in this scripture is pointing to the Parakletos, The Comforter, the Intercessor, The One that Sent the Holy Spirit, The direct representation of Jesus Christ and the Father, The Holy Spirit Parakletos who speaks of Jesus Christ and reveals Him that is birthed in us.

This is what Solomon wrote about in this Scripture...

Prov. 2:1 My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
4 If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD,
And find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
8 He guards the paths of justice,
And preserves the way of His saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice,
Equity and every good path.
10 When wisdom enters your heart,
And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,

When wisdom enters your heart... the substance is Christ.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/16 15:32Profile
rookie

Re:

Br. Logic wrote:

Quote:
So, in other words, the Yoke of bondage brings to light the Law of sin and death.

This is how I understand it also...there is much that gets confused when we speak of "the law."

Have you ever considered this Scripture:

Genesis 26

5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/16 15:39Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Because that Abraham cobeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

What charge was Abraham given, What did God tell Abraham to do, What was Gods charge to Abraham, what were Gods commandments at that time, what were Gods statutes for Abraham, and what Were Gods Laws for Abraham before the Law of Moses was given?

What is Egypt for? Abraham to go to Egypt Isaac not to go to Egypt and Jacob to God into Egypt.

e 26:5
Ver. 5. Here was a covenant made between God and Abraham; and as, if Abraham had broken the condition of walking before God required on his part, God had been discharged from the promise made on his part; so contrarily, because Abraham performed his condition and believed God and Abraham offering his son Isaac God engageth Himself to perform His promise to him, and to his seed. But as that promise and covenant was made by God of grace, as is evident and confessed; so the mercies promised and performed to Abraham and his are so great and vast, that it is an idle thing to think they could be merited by so mean a compensation as Abraham's obedience, which was a debt that he owed to God. So if there had been no such covenant or promise made by God, and which also was an effect of God's graces to him and in him, there would be no Seed, not as of seeds but of Christ the Seed. So it was not Abraham's righteousness, it was because he obeyed God in the offering of his son Isaac, which is a perfect picture of what God was going to do with His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, that all might be saved that believed in Him.

Abraham's righteousness was only reckoned to him, just like our righteousness has been made by the Christ that is birthed in us, not of works lest any man should boast. We cannot boast and either can Abraham.

Because of God's Grace just like Abraham, God see's in us the righteousness of His covenant of the Seed Jesus Christ in us as our righteousness.
There is no righteousness in any person no not one. So this scripture is of God's Grace because Abraham believed God when he offered his son and believed God. Abraham's sacrifice was earthly, and even then and earthly ram was given in Isaac's place, which is the temple offerings later to come by the Law of Moses.

There is such a Grace in Christ Jesus that no other beings have received, which is Heavenly and our lives are put in all blessing and changes in us that believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We are a complete new creature in Christ Jesus which Abraham did not have and will not have until Christ reigns on David's Throne on this earth, of which we are not part of except to rule and reign with Christ from our heavenly place already being prepared for those that are in Christs Jesus, which is our hope of Glory. Abraham's hope of glory is earthly the Born Again Hope of Glory is Christ in you, heavenly.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

We must rightly divide the scripture and see the Great Grace and blessing we have wrought in Christ Jesus that is Born Again in us that the Jewish high Priest did not even understand.
John 3:10-12 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Do we understand so great salvation we have received in Christ Jesus? Ephesians 1:4-9 According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace; Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:

Notice all the capitals, H

We cannot mix Abraham and Christ, it just won't work, God has to this made it clear, our only salvation is in Christ and If we don't have Christ in us the Hope of Glory, we are still Abraham's children, not son's of God.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/17 14:33Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip asked:

Quote:
What charge was Abraham given, What did God tell Abraham to do, What was Gods charge to Abraham, what were Gods commandments at that time, what were Gods statutes for Abraham, and what Were Gods Laws for Abraham before the Law of Moses was given?

This is what Abraham experienced in his relationship with his God.

Prov. 2:1 My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
4 If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD,
And find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
8 He guards the paths of justice,
And preserves the way of His saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice,
Equity and every good path.

This section of Scripture defines the substance of His grace and what that grace enables those whom He foreknew to become.

By what means has God provided for us to understand the righteousness that exists in God? Will the grace of God create in His saints anything other than Christ?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/17 17:05Profile
rookie

Re:

Here is another example, this time just the opposite of what Abraham experienced.

Isaiah 30:

Is. 30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” says the LORD,
“Who take counsel, but not of Me,
And who devise plans, but not of My Spirit,
That they may add sin to sin;

Here Scripture teaches us that those who rebelled devised their own plans. These children did not listen to the One who counsels.

Later on in this Chapter...

Isaiah 30:

8 Now go, write it before them on a tablet,
And note it on a scroll,
That it may be for time to come,
Forever and ever:
9 That this is a rebellious people,
Lying children,
Children who will not hear the law of the LORD;
10 Who say to the seers, “Do not see,”
And to the prophets, “Do not prophesy to us right things;
Speak to us smooth things, prophesy deceits.
11 Get out of the way,
Turn aside from the path,
Cause the Holy One of Israel
To cease from before us.”

This all points to the grace of God and the faith of men. Do
we accept the words of the Counselor as did Abraham, or do we rebell as those who God judged in the generation that live around 562 BC?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/17 17:35Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy